Lulu Letty: Round and Round

Round and Round

Round and Round
Round and Round
Round and Round
I truly have the most amazing readers!! I can't thank you all enough for your wonderful feedback and more importantly, your understanding. I was so torn up over my decision and you all really made me feel more at ease with myself. Having donated 10 inches of my hair two years ago I know how hard it can be to stay stagnant with your look. I know I will donate again in the future but at this time I really need to do something new. That being said, it looks like for sure that Rita Red is the winner! As some of you have mentioned I will probably have to go lighter in order to achieve that shade of red, so maybe I'll stay blonde for a bit or maybe I'll go straight to red. Either way, I'll be going to a salon so if anyone knows of a good (yet reasonably priced) one in either Royal Oak or Ann Arbor, please let me know! Round and Round
Round and Round
Round and Round
Round and Round
Round and Round

Photos by Cole. Thanks, darling!
Blouse: J. Peterman
Shorts, tights, clogs: F21
Round and Round necklace: c/o Spotted Moth
Faux fur hat: asos
...
Cole has completed three more interviews this week and he'll be flying out tomorrow for a round two interview in Connecticut. Such stressful times. Please keep your fingers crossed for him. With times still being so crap the competition for jobs is pretty tough.

Yours,
Maria Sig 2

juliamarisa  – (November 3, 2010 at 11:38 AM)  

I think you could dye it now, still keep growing it out for seven or so months, and be able to donate it. As long as you don't mess with the rest of it again and only touch up the roots you'll be ok. I think. It just can't be dyed recently.

vanessa  – (November 3, 2010 at 11:48 AM)  

You totally will not have to go lighter first! My natural hair is dark brown and I went straight to red RED hair( like this- http://www.flickr.com/photos/thevelvetbird/4883074166/in/photostream/ ) My friend is a stylist and she just used a super strong developer, 40 I believe. I hadn't dyed any of my hair before this so it was so healthy that using that strong of stuff didn't damage my hair.

Oh, and this whole outfit is amazing. You are making those shoes look mighty tempting to buy!!

Try not to get too stressed out or worried about this job business, you guys will be just fine!

Rebecca  – (November 3, 2010 at 11:55 AM)  

Good luck to Cole. It is a great sign that he has so many interviews. Minnesota is a great place, even thought it is cold!

I have gone red without bleaching my hair, but it wasn't a bright, natural looking red.

Alice  – (November 3, 2010 at 11:57 AM)  

Oh what amazing Pictures! Beautiful warm and bright light! Simply perfect. I'm so in love with your lovely pocket watch necklace. As always a very felicitous Outfit. xx, Alice :)

Amy  – (November 3, 2010 at 11:58 AM)  

Hi Maria! I would strongly recommend Figo Salon in Birmingham! (figosalon.com). I get my hair cut/colored there. I'm not sure about pricing so I would call (248 723 7990).

Mici Milovaného  – (November 3, 2010 at 12:07 PM)  

lovely outfit, you look so pretty!
And I wishes the best luck for Cole!!

sweetersalt.com  – (November 3, 2010 at 12:11 PM)  

I am loving your hat! Unfortunately, I have a rather large head, so I can never buy hats online (who knows if they'll fit!). Otherwise, I would totally hop over to asos and pick one up!

Laura

Morgan and Lua  – (November 3, 2010 at 12:19 PM)  

Can't wait to see you as a redhead! Maybe you could go strawberry blonde for a hybrid of the two?

J.Peterman will always remind me of Seinfeld. Great outfit. And good luck to Cole!
www.morganandlua.blogspot.com

Emily, Ruby Slipper Traveller  – (November 3, 2010 at 12:50 PM)  

I'm glad the red won! And I love how filmy and gauzy your blouse is... just beautiful!

angelicaladd  – (November 3, 2010 at 12:55 PM)  

Yay! You're going to be a great red head, and bonus! You'll get to be a transitional blonde too.
Have fun!

Starr Crow  – (November 3, 2010 at 12:58 PM)  

These photos are unbelievable Maria. I am so excited about your new look too. I can't wait to see it! (I'm sure it's going to be great.)

Fingers and toes are crossed for Cole!

Lovely Day Lost  – (November 3, 2010 at 1:11 PM)  

Since you’re going to have to go light I totally agree enjoy it for a while go blonde for some fun and then do the red, its always good to do a little something for yourself to make things less dull cant wait to see your new color

Amber Blue Bird  – (November 3, 2010 at 1:14 PM)  

Fingers crossed for Mr. Cole. I am glad the red color won out, I think it will really compliment your skin tone..cant wait to see it!

Q's Daydream  – (November 3, 2010 at 1:31 PM)  

Red will be amazing on you!
Are you cutting too?
I saw on you last post you're having trouble with your thyroid. I have been too for the last year or so. I've been super sick...but I'm slowly getting better. I'll be thinking of you!

CocoCherie  – (November 3, 2010 at 1:32 PM)  

I can't wait to see you with red hair. And good luck to your hubby Cole!

My name is Renée.  – (November 3, 2010 at 1:34 PM)  

Love your hat! And I think you'll look great with red hair!

HereWeGoAJen  – (November 3, 2010 at 1:44 PM)  

My fingers are crossed for Cole's interviews! I well remember the anxiety of not knowing.

Louise  – (November 3, 2010 at 1:45 PM)  

I love i love i love your HAT! You'll make a lovely redhead too, I'm sure. And good luck to Cole! It can't be easy. x

Eli  – (November 3, 2010 at 2:23 PM)  

Love your outfit here, Ive always tried to find a similar hat with no avail. Who knew a cute one would be so difficult to come by!

I think you shouldnt beat yourself up for deciding to not donate your hair, it grows back and you can always do it again later!

Brittany  – (November 3, 2010 at 2:46 PM)  

Some people said they didn't have to go lighter to go red but my stylist tried going right to red on my hair & it didn't pull, so it's probably just different for everyone.. she had to use a bleach wash first and I was scared because I thought it would be really damaging but my hair is the same consistency as always & I LOVE the turnout! Go for the red, you will feel like a bombshell!

Emma  – (November 3, 2010 at 3:09 PM)  

Happy to hear you're going red Maria! Although I guess I am a little biased now!

Wishing Cole the best of luck with his interviews and wishing you strength to support him during this nerve wracking time!

xx

One Girl  – (November 3, 2010 at 3:37 PM)  

Oh! I was juuuust eyeballing those clogs on the F21 website! They look great on you!

Tieka, Selective Potential  – (November 3, 2010 at 4:01 PM)  

Michigan is especially the worst for finding a job. There were 150 applicants who applied for the graphic design job I got. It's competitive! :/ Good luck to Cole! I'm sure he'll do great!

Midwest Mayhem  – (November 3, 2010 at 4:23 PM)  

Maria, it's so exciting that you're going to dye your hair red! I use to dye my hair a different color about once a month. However, once I found the right shade of red for my skin tone I've been dying it the same color ever since. I've been a red head for a good 7 years now and it has become a part of my personality and style.

I know everyone's hair is different, so what works for me may not necessarily work for you - but I just wanted to say that salon reds have never worked for me. They usually fade so quick and tend to lean toward the brown side. I've also tried buying dyes from Sally Beauty Supply and that didn't work for me either. In the end I started using L'Oreal Perfect 10 hair color and it has been a perfect match ever since. It comes out really radiant, it doesn't fade very fast, and it doesn't damage my hair. My natural hair color is sort of similar to your color also. Just thought I'd put in my 2 cents.

Regina  – (November 3, 2010 at 4:36 PM)  

Keeping my fingers crossed for Cole. I think the interviews will go well! Am so excited about you getting your hair dyed! I just changed my hair yesterday, so it's a little darker now and I'm so happy with it. Love from a very cold Scandinavia.

Kristin, Golden Hearts Loves Vintage  – (November 3, 2010 at 5:06 PM)  

adorable outfit. I love your shoes, blouse, and hat.

Christy  – (November 3, 2010 at 6:36 PM)  

I can't wait to see your new hair color (and I think red will look so pretty against your skin)! And beautiful outfit shoot as always! I tend to stick to dresses and skirts, but every time I visit your blog, I feel more and more interested in thrifting some nice trousers or shorts. :)

Angie D  – (November 3, 2010 at 7:17 PM)  

Oh, I think everyone deserves a change :)

I know of a salon in Royal Oak! My sister goes there, and she always has amazing color.

It's called Nadja Salon, right across from National Coney :)

MONKEYFACE  – (November 3, 2010 at 7:33 PM)  

Oh em gee, I really did not think you could be any cooler than you already are but lo and behold you have a J Peterman blouse?!! Too much awesomeness going on in your direction :)

Giovanna ♥  – (November 3, 2010 at 7:41 PM)  

Love your outfit dear! I think red hair will suit you perfectly, but blond as well :)
I can't wait to see your new hair. I have to change mine too, I'm tired of the same shade...I was thinking something like a light brown perhaps.
Hope you have a nice day darling!
xoxo
Giovanna
Boho Market Blog

Jay  – (November 3, 2010 at 8:39 PM)  

super cute! love this! and great photos :)

commonsenseandstilettos.blogspot.com

Ashley, Lions Lace Lattes  – (November 3, 2010 at 8:46 PM)  

You will look gorgeous as a red head :). By the way, I love your wedding ring. It's so unique. Very pretty. I think i need to do something with my hair too. I'm not very bold with my hair though, so I'll probably just stick with blonde highlights and a trim. lol.

Michal  – (November 3, 2010 at 9:59 PM)  

Aw you look so gorgeous! Lovely outfit. (: I'm excited to see what you do with your hair!! Good luck to Cole! *fingers crossed*

Rio  – (November 4, 2010 at 12:05 AM)  

Ok, so I just read your last post because I'm a blogging slacker lately, but I am excited to see how it turns out! I love changing up my hair and always dye it and/or cut it every few months! We have fairly similar natural hair colors, so I think that Bardot blond would look really good! I've tried red before, but it really brings out the red in my face... no bueno! Either way you'll look amazing! ;)
(http://showersofsunflowers.blogspot.com)

jamie x m  – (November 4, 2010 at 2:12 AM)  

youre cute, you can pull of any hair color!

Hannah  – (November 4, 2010 at 3:47 AM)  

These photos are absolutely gorgeous!!!
And, speaking as a red head, I think it would look lovely on you!!!

xxx

flapperborntoolate  – (November 4, 2010 at 3:52 AM)  

Lovely pictures! I especially like your hat.

Emma  – (November 4, 2010 at 5:48 AM)  

I love love love that outfit; very much my style. Great taste ;)

Good luck to Cole! x

Kristina  – (November 4, 2010 at 9:59 AM)  

Beuatiful, like always. I love the dark lipstick on you, it looks great, really stylish.

MOUSEVOX VINTAGE  – (November 4, 2010 at 11:19 AM)  

I hope you go blonde, even if just for a day, and share it here for us all to see!

Good luck to Cole with his interviews. I definitely empathize with you on this one. My bf has recently left the world of academia and has been interviewing like crazy on the west coast for the past month. It's most certainly stressful and the uncertainty can be overwhelming at times, but I'm sure it will work out for the best for you and for me, too! :)

Miki's scrapbook  – (November 4, 2010 at 3:21 PM)  

I think you should go blonde first and then maybe red. I'm sure you'll be a cute blondie!

Paige  – (November 5, 2010 at 8:24 AM)  

I love those clogs! I just got a pair but since i'm not accustomed to wearing heels i haven't worn them as much as I want... just more inspiration to!

Kristin  – (November 5, 2010 at 8:42 AM)  

Those shorts are F21??? Must check them out STAT!

samantha  – (November 5, 2010 at 12:04 PM)  

You look so pretty already, but I understand the need to want to change your look after staying the same for such a long time.
I think you would make a beautiful red head...or blonde! Maybe you could go somewhere in between your two favorites? Think strawberry blonde, now that's a pretty idea.

xoxo,

rosestainedglass.blogspot.com

Sarah with an "h"  – (November 6, 2010 at 4:23 PM)  

Cute! I love it. I'm totally bummed because I want to wear my tights but I can't because it's too hot! I mean yesterday, I probably could have but I don't know. It's just still too warm for layers and things.

By the way, I found some dark lipstick today for 50 cents at a garage sale today (unused of course :P) and thought of a post you did where you wore dark lipstick. It looked amazing on you. So I bought it. When I'll wear it I have no clue. I like it but it's very dark and...bold. haha

:o)Sarah
http://www.restlessromantic.blogspot.com/

Dustjacket Attic  – (November 7, 2010 at 8:22 PM)  

Beautiful shots, love the color effect.

Hoping Cole had a positive time with the interviews...fingers crossed.

xoxoxo DJ

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!

Your wonderful comments are genuinely appreciated!

XOXO,

Maria

Copyright Disclaimer

All drawings and personal photographs are owned by Maria Confer and may not be copied or reproduced without consent. All photos are shot with a Nikon D60 by my husband Cole or myself. When borrowing images please provide a link.

Creative Commons License
Lulu Letty by Maria Confer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Read about my Privacy Policy.

Header info

Custom header illustration by me.

Subscribe

pinafore ll feed

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP