Lulu Letty: Halloween Party

Halloween Party

Well, I neither went as a cat nor an aviator. Cole and I instead decided to go as 50's teenagers. I borrowed an old poodle skirt from my mom and Cole borrowed a vintage biker jacket from my dad. If you're wondering why I'm not wearing my vintage saddle shoes, it's because I let my mom borrow them for the night. They were hers after all. Here are some incredibly grainy photos from last night's party...
Halloween Party
Halloween Party
Halloween Party
Halloween Party
Best costume of the night...
Halloween Party

...
Yours,
Maria Sig 2

Alyse  – (October 30, 2010 at 4:13 PM)  

Looks like a great time! I like how you worked the Peter Pan collar cardigan!

charlotteauzou  – (October 30, 2010 at 4:14 PM)  

Your costume is so great ! And I love the one from the movie The hangover. too bad we don't have Halloween party as a tradition in France...

Emma  – (October 30, 2010 at 4:16 PM)  

Love your costumes! I'm still deciding what to dress up as tomorrow!

Rosa&Carlotta  – (October 30, 2010 at 4:58 PM)  

Great pictures! You looked so cute :):)

check out our fashion illustrations at http://www.illustrated-moodboard.com/ :)

Diana, Songs and Fairy Tales  – (October 30, 2010 at 5:30 PM)  

Can't believe it!!! I had the same idea! But my boyfriend has no vintage clothes at all so it wasn't possible in this short amount of time! So we're not dressing up as a pair tomorrow...You look really cute..both of you! And I like that you've used clothes from your closet instead of buying fancy dresses!

Love, Diana
Songs and Fairy Tales

Liset  – (October 30, 2010 at 5:30 PM)  

Great pictures! You both look so good :)

MOUSEVOX VINTAGE  – (October 30, 2010 at 5:34 PM)  

You two look so cute. I'm impressed that your parents still have their clothes from their youth and this is how they actually dressed!

Kristin, Golden Hearts Loves Vintage  – (October 30, 2010 at 5:36 PM)  

Cool you look so cute! I love your pearl earrings are they real? You look like a character from Grease or from American Bandstand. You dress looks like your ready for some swing dancing.

Julia  – (October 30, 2010 at 5:41 PM)  

Haha, that Hangover costume is so cute! I wonder if they had to buy that baby doll or they just had it lying around the house...

And the 50's costume is so adorable! It's so much better than any of the Halloween shops' 50's costumes. I can't believe your mom still kept that skirt! I wish my mom's closet had such treasures as these. ♥ You and Cole are way too cute!

Miss Claire  – (October 30, 2010 at 5:55 PM)  

You both looked gorgeous!! Love that little collar :)

xx claire
www.jemimaandgeraldine.blogpot.com

Michal  – (October 30, 2010 at 7:10 PM)  

hehe awesome! Great costumes.

melina bee  – (October 30, 2010 at 8:50 PM)  

I have a couple costumes, a day and night look for today and tomorrow, posting them to my blog.
Your outfits are so cute, I love teenagers! and poodle skirts (or scottie skirts in this case)
melina bee

Estefany @ The Helmet Head  – (October 31, 2010 at 1:15 AM)  

You guys look adorable!!
The guy with the baby looks hilarious! haha
xo

Diana  – (October 31, 2010 at 3:20 AM)  

you are incredibly sweet and cute!!! great idea ! :)

Bea  – (October 31, 2010 at 3:24 AM)  

What a brilliant idea! :D You guys look spot on!

Bea from A plus B

Sharon  – (October 31, 2010 at 3:34 AM)  

Oh you two are just too fine. I love your outfit Maria, and I think you just convinced me that I need to get bangs...!

Sharon xx

Alice  – (October 31, 2010 at 4:06 AM)  

What a great idea to go as 50's teenagers! I love your skirt. :) You both are looking amazing! xx, Alice

500 days of Jo  – (October 31, 2010 at 6:26 AM)  

ahah! I must say I adore "The Hangover" costume! You look always so pretty Maria, your blog is precious!
<3, Jo

Missy  – (October 31, 2010 at 6:58 AM)  

wow i love your outfit! that hangover guy costume is awesome!

Missy
Blending Style, Beauty and Fashion
http://thefashionfusion.blogspot.com

Siubhan  – (October 31, 2010 at 11:35 AM)  

Love the way you guys go as complimentary things always. Good choice - and hopefully no-one needed to ask you what you were dressed as! (I hate that about dressing up!)

Looks like a fun party - was your mom dressing up too, or did she just fancy wearing her shoes?

Jay  – (October 31, 2010 at 3:19 PM)  

Your costume is so cute!!! :)

Love Zach from The Hangover, so funny!! :)

commonsenseandstilettos.blogspot.com

Orchid Grey  – (October 31, 2010 at 5:09 PM)  

you guys look awesome too, I think the loafers almost look more authentic than saddle shoes. and the Hangover costume is so funny! Happy halloween!

natalia  – (October 31, 2010 at 5:48 PM)  

GALIFINAKIS COSTUME <3
You guys look super sharp too!

nat // juxta-posing.tumblr.com

bear cat blogger  – (October 31, 2010 at 9:50 PM)  

http://bearcatla.blogspot.com/

happy halloween from bear cat!

northwest is best  – (November 1, 2010 at 6:22 AM)  

Awww, matching costumes! You both look cute, and looks like you had a lot of fun!

Shallow Mallow  – (November 1, 2010 at 8:54 AM)  

Love it! Costume double acts are just the best :D

Victoria / Justice Pirate  – (November 1, 2010 at 10:25 AM)  

very sweet. just remember, teenagers shouldn't drink until they're of age!! haha. I love how your poodle skirt isn't the typical one that I tend to see people wear at all. You guys always look great together!

Miki's scrapbook  – (November 2, 2010 at 6:21 AM)  

Awesome outfits! All the ones I could see in the pics. That looked like a fun party to be in!

Miki.

Dustjacket Attic  – (November 7, 2010 at 8:26 PM)  

You both look so gorgeous...the Hangover guy is hilarious.
xoxox

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!

Your wonderful comments are genuinely appreciated!

XOXO,

Maria

Copyright Disclaimer

All drawings and personal photographs are owned by Maria Confer and may not be copied or reproduced without consent. All photos are shot with a Nikon D60 by my husband Cole or myself. When borrowing images please provide a link.

Creative Commons License
Lulu Letty by Maria Confer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Read about my Privacy Policy.

Header info

Custom header illustration by me.

Subscribe

pinafore ll feed

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP