Lulu Letty: Adiós Summer. . .

Adiós Summer. . .

A farewell to summer...
A farewell to summer...
A farewell to summer...
A farewell to summer...

Hello you pretty Lulu Letty readers. I'm Starr from A Thought Is The Blossom happy a pig in the mud to be here posting for Maria today. She did such a great job guest posting for me earlier this summer, and I'm happy to finally have an opportunity to pay her back. Lucky me, she made things much, much easier by giving us a theme to work with–a farewell to summer.

As much as I hate the humidity here in the south, there's no escaping that child-like feeling that the summer months bring! When I sat down and really thought about all the things that signify summer to me, I pictured an issue of Lula lingering in my bag rather than the boring textbooks that are in there now–even if the issue was a few months old. I pictured late night swims in my 40's polka dot swimsuit, and overnight slumber parties with my new nautical tote bag. I smelled the nostalgia of freshly cut grass just like those days when I helped dad mow the lawn, and I dreamed of all those long nights when the sun lingered around, tucking me into bed at night. And even if the summer weather is still around til the end of September, and even if the long nights are here until the end of October, our minds have already moved on to the next season.

I've been saying I wanted to use The Zombies cover of "Summertime" in a video this summer–I'm a film student so I take every chance I can get to experiment–and so I have to thank Maria for putting my mind back on summer for at least one last time before it's gone. Hope you guys enjoy the sweet (and pointless) video I made. It's sort of a farewell to summer, hello to fall!

Farewell To Summer from Starr Crow on Vimeo.

Little Monarch  – (September 2, 2010 at 12:09 AM)  

i cant wait for summer! it is so funny reading all these farewell to summer posts whereas my summer will just be starting soon. I get to look forward to freshly mown grass and reclining in the sun. that was a beautiful little video you made with a wonderful soundtrack. enjoy going back to school!

Kate Maggie  – (September 2, 2010 at 12:11 AM)  

You are the cutest! I loved this guest post and Starr is amazing! Hope you are doing well Maria. <3

Tonia  – (September 2, 2010 at 2:41 AM)  

really well done: excellent post and fabulous track!

vintagereflection  – (September 2, 2010 at 4:34 AM)  

I think this has to be my favorite guest post, I mean they're all lovely but the little video and photography is truly beautiful! I hope your having a good rest Maria and looking forward to your return! x

Justice Pirate  – (September 2, 2010 at 6:08 AM)  

Great entry Starr! I love it!
climbing trees is so much fun.
wah. bye bye summer.

Venn  – (September 2, 2010 at 6:13 AM)  

i loveee this post!! :)) in where im living,, summer will be startingg soon,,:)

xoxo

b.  – (September 2, 2010 at 7:26 AM)  

That photo of you in a tree is great and I really like the song to your video!

Great post.

xox,
bonita of Depict This!

Blue Iris Rivera  – (September 2, 2010 at 8:49 AM)  

while yous have fall, we have spring now..your clothes is such an inspiration!

http://www.thelittlequirks.blogspot.com

Q's Daydream  – (September 2, 2010 at 8:56 AM)  

Starr this is an amazing post! Bravo darlin!

HereWeGoAJen  – (September 2, 2010 at 8:58 AM)  

Oh, the humidity is killing me. We've been staying inside.

Emma  – (September 2, 2010 at 10:13 AM)  

LOVE the video! You're very talented Starr! What a great song too, my granny always used to sing it when she had a few drinks, haha!

ilsteviewonder  – (September 2, 2010 at 10:38 AM)  

ahhh! ! I lve your shoes, and i'll be saying goodbye to summer soon too! :)

SophieSweetVintage  – (September 2, 2010 at 11:17 AM)  

Thank you for posting :) Amazing movie!!!

Michal  – (September 2, 2010 at 11:29 AM)  

Words can't say how much I LOVED that video Starr!! So cute. :) I hadn't heard the Zombies cover either and it's perfect.

xx
michal

Rosie  – (September 2, 2010 at 11:35 AM)  

I just loved your accompanying video. It set the tone perfectly!

Beatrice  – (September 2, 2010 at 11:51 AM)  

I had no idea you're a film student! that explains all your awesome videos including this one!! Great post Starr! ^,^

MOUSEVOX VINTAGE  – (September 2, 2010 at 1:34 PM)  

Excellent post, Starr! Always love your videos. You are a lady of many talents!

xo, MOUSEVOX

Maria Confer  – (September 2, 2010 at 3:56 PM)  

Absolutely gorgeous Starr. A wonderful farewell post and the video is so inspiring. Last time I tried to climb a tree for a shoot I got stuck. It was pretty funny.

Thanks so much for guest posting!

xx

Maria

Emily, Ruby Slipper Traveller  – (September 2, 2010 at 4:30 PM)  

I so love what you wrote about summer and the child-like feeling it inspires. Honestly one thing I love about summer is getting ridiculously and authentically dirty and grimy, and yet feeling so free and childish. Lovely video and pictures...

nancy : The Sway Report  – (September 2, 2010 at 9:44 PM)  

beeeautiful photos.... thanks Starr! awesome video as well!

xx
nancy

swayreport.blogspot.com

Tieka, Selective Potential  – (September 2, 2010 at 10:56 PM)  

Starr, these photos look amazing! And I love your video! Inspiring for me to shoot another video before summer cools down!

Mamushka Marie  – (September 3, 2010 at 12:00 AM)  

beautiful as ever starr! that video made my day!

jade  – (September 3, 2010 at 5:01 AM)  

such a wonderful video! can i ask what it was shot using? im going to france in a few weeks and would love to document my travels like this - the dreamy quality to the film would be perfect.

jade

Sarah with an "h"  – (September 3, 2010 at 7:00 PM)  

Great pictures, Starr! I love the house in the background. And really cute video. :)

:o)Sarah

kathy  – (September 4, 2010 at 4:09 AM)  

Love these pics! I'm so sad that the summer is over though, i feel like it never really started in london xx

Robin  – (September 4, 2010 at 8:39 AM)  

Starr,
I LOVE your video!!! Summertime is a favorite of mine because my mom would always sing it to me. I am VERY picky (just as my boyfriend) who sings that song and the Zombies are a new favorite!!!

Dustjacket Attic  – (September 9, 2010 at 1:01 AM)  

I just adore everything about that first photo.
xoxo

grace  – (September 9, 2010 at 9:37 PM)  

love the video. wish i had a camera!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!

Your wonderful comments are genuinely appreciated!

XOXO,

Maria

Copyright Disclaimer

All drawings and personal photographs are owned by Maria Confer and may not be copied or reproduced without consent. All photos are shot with a Nikon D60 by my husband Cole or myself. When borrowing images please provide a link.

Creative Commons License
Lulu Letty by Maria Confer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Read about my Privacy Policy.

Header info

Custom header illustration by me.

Subscribe

pinafore ll feed

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP