Lulu Letty: The Frontier

The Frontier

The Frontier
The Frontier
I have to say that this is probably one of my favorite shoots yet. Cole and I had so much fun running through the tall grass and scrapping our shins on the brush, plus I got to wear the amazing ModCloth Chain Letter dress from Beatrice. It all started with Starr's awesome idea and then she passed it along to Rosie, who passed it to Beatrice, who then passed it to me! Now I'm sending it to a girl who has an affinity for pretty vintage dresses and a crush on Elvis...the lovely Quincy, of Q's Daydream!
The Frontier
The Frontier
The Frontier
The first time I spotted this dress on ModCloth, it was instant love. My only hesitation was that it's a bit lower cut than what I normally wear. The addition of a blouse underneath gives it a pinafore look that I adore. And with the arrival of my new hat, I knew that I wanted to pair the two together in a frontier style- a little girly, a little rustic. I was even tempted to carry Cole's shotgun (used for skeet shooting purposes only) during the shoot to channel Annie Oakley, but decided that would probably be a bit much. Maybe next time. ;)
The Frontier
The Frontier
Photos by Cole. Thanks, darling.
Yodel Lady Dress: ModCloth Chain Letter Dress
Vintage blouse: thrifted
Vintage hat: Etsy, Vintage Darling
Bradley boots: Jeffrey Campbell
Hair brooch: Etsy, Super Duper Things

...
Anyone else out there obsessed with frontier, prairie or Western looks for fall?

Yours,
Maria Sig 2
rss ll

Sarah  – (August 18, 2010 at 12:12 AM)  

I love this! I love the tall grass, the light and this dress. What a great photo shoot.

thequeenofwanderlust.blogspot.com

Appu  – (August 18, 2010 at 12:25 AM)  

The sunlight - perfectly captured.

Stephanie  – (August 18, 2010 at 12:29 AM)  

Ahhh, the trunk of wood in the 3rd picture looks like a person! Scared the crap out of me x.x but lovely outfit =]

-Vern

Annie, Time Enough for Drums  – (August 18, 2010 at 1:54 AM)  

I'm totally obsessed with Western looks for fall!

Kate Maggie  – (August 18, 2010 at 2:01 AM)  

The 5th picture is my favorite photo that I have ever seen of you - so so beautiful! Ah, this shoot looks like so much fun. I love how your shoots always look - you seriously have the best locations. I need to find places like this. Its so dry in Australia, its hard to find beautiful fields like this. This dress is so perfect too. When I heard about the switch that you ladies were doing I got really excited to see how you were going to style it - its perfect! The blouse and boots are cherries on top! x

Camilla  – (August 18, 2010 at 3:07 AM)  

Oh my! You look just like Dorothy :)

INTOTHEFOLDFASHION.BLOGSPOT.COM

Meg!  – (August 18, 2010 at 4:25 AM)  

Duuuude you totally should go with the gun next time. That would've been badass! But I love the look, that dress is so lovely, and I love seeing how you've styled it. That hat is perfect!

free spirit fashion  – (August 18, 2010 at 6:30 AM)  

this looks very sweet and pretty! i love that you layered a blouse under the dress - very creative!

http://freespiritedfashionista.blogspot.com/

Vicki  – (August 18, 2010 at 6:40 AM)  

you're like a chic girl version of indian jones in these shots!! LOVE IT! :) props to cole the light and everything is so beautiful too :) x

ilsteviewonder  – (August 18, 2010 at 6:55 AM)  

I love it!! reminds me so much of a dear america book!! I lve dear america! you look so pretty!! I love your blog! :D

Amber Blue Bird  – (August 18, 2010 at 6:56 AM)  

very cute indeed. I took a cue from one of your earlier posts and made a floral head wreath of my very own which I havent done in ages. I will be posting pics later today. Check it out if you can. Hugs.

Siubhan  – (August 18, 2010 at 7:15 AM)  

Thank you for the comment Maria. You love England, I love America, and these photos are so beautifully American frontier chic!

I actually especially like your puff sleeved blouse, I can never find one that doesn't make my shoulders look double their width! Great 'sharp shootin' hat too.

jenloveskev  – (August 18, 2010 at 7:37 AM)  

oooh you look so darling in these photos. I love the way you styled the chain letter dress. Its such a fun idea. Can't wait to see where it's off to next!

agirlastyle  – (August 18, 2010 at 7:40 AM)  

Gorgeous shoot - and look at Mr Cricket!

Have been away for a few weeks so just going through everything i've missed on here. By the way I just realised I'd forgotten to add you to my links after we spoke last time, so have rectified this immediately!

Miss B xx

Justice Pirate  – (August 18, 2010 at 7:57 AM)  

it is so neat that these get sent all around like that!!! it looks so pretty on you and I love it!! I look forward to seeing Quincy in it too! She's a sweetheart. Then again so are you! No wonder why you girls are in my top favourite blogger list ;)

Bea  – (August 18, 2010 at 8:23 AM)  

You totally pulled off this frontier style look, Maria. I would take major inspiration from Little House on the Prairie book covers. I kind of wish you brought out Cole's shotgun. It would look really cool!

Inspiring stuff. You pull off that hat like no one else could :)

Bea from A plus B

genevieve, sandbox romance  – (August 18, 2010 at 8:31 AM)  

Golly. Love the hat, love the dress (such cute little details), and LOVE the louse (perfectly vintage-y). I totally endorse the shotgun idea! Beautiful photos, as well.

Emma  – (August 18, 2010 at 8:46 AM)  

Such gorgeous photographs! Everything works really well together, I especially love your new hat! It really reminds me of some of the shots in The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford. I'm loving the western thing at the moment!

Casie Jean  – (August 18, 2010 at 8:49 AM)  

I love the third photograph! how lovely!
x.x.x

Q's Daydream  – (August 18, 2010 at 8:50 AM)  

Maria, you styled it so sweetly! I love it!!!! I love what you said about me, hehehe! I have to think how to style this pretty dress!

Emily and Abigail  – (August 18, 2010 at 9:13 AM)  

lusting these photos.. i feel like i'm in an old movie looking through them! great post.

www.lovelywanderlust.com

Brie –   – (August 18, 2010 at 9:22 AM)  

i also wore that dress yesterday! but i wore it with a thrifted cream short sleeved duster, grey thigh highs scrunched down and grey boots also bought from modcloth. i like how you styled it too :)

Archives  – (August 18, 2010 at 9:53 AM)  

wow, the light is AMAZING in these photographs!

Morgan and Lua  – (August 18, 2010 at 10:43 AM)  

See, I knew it. Great job.
I think a gun in hand would be completely appropriate for this. I can see it on your more fall nature walks. Maybe with Wellie posing as your tracker dog, ready to hunt down the catch.

And if you ever do happen to be in the neighborhood, I give you full reign to dress/style me. I'd be a completely different person...and so much better for it.
www.morganandlua.blogspot.com

Pinkarol  – (August 18, 2010 at 11:03 AM)  

you look lovely <3
I love the blouse that you're wearing.

Beatrice  – (August 18, 2010 at 11:27 AM)  

I LOVE how you styled the dress!!!! sooooo cute and awesome! I love how it's girly and rustic at the same time ^,^

Rosie  – (August 18, 2010 at 11:31 AM)  

This came out so awesome! I love the hat! Quincy is sure to rock it out! This has been so much fun watching everyone style this!

Starr Crow  – (August 18, 2010 at 11:35 AM)  

oh man, oh man, oh man!!!

you girls are blowing me away with this dress. when it first arrived i was a little bummed that it was the one I picked because there's not a lot of styling options for it, but you girls are proving me wrong! i adore the hat, and the long sleeved Victorian blouse underneath. you totally need the shotgun next time!

Zel  – (August 18, 2010 at 11:51 AM)  

Oh, you look wonderful! And the pictures are so amazing.

HereWeGoAJen  – (August 18, 2010 at 12:18 PM)  

Oooh, you totally should have carried the gun. Besides, I hear those skeets can be quite vicious. ;)

danielle  – (August 18, 2010 at 12:33 PM)  

well, it's perfection with the white blouse underneath. Fabulous pictures!

Michal  – (August 18, 2010 at 1:18 PM)  

this is definitely one of my favorite shoots ever! i'm obsessed with anything western/prairie (my bedroom is covered with western paraphernalia). :)

x
michal

Heather  – (August 18, 2010 at 1:46 PM)  

Your pictures are always so lovely. I need to start timing my photo shoots better, because the sunlight in this is absolutely perfect.

Velvet  – (August 18, 2010 at 2:45 PM)  

Gorgeous pics.

Currently I'm in love with the 50's trend that is all around!

sweetdisposition  – (August 18, 2010 at 3:18 PM)  

perfection! i think that about sums it up. :]

xo.

Bad Taste Toast  – (August 18, 2010 at 4:02 PM)  

The photos look like you jumped right into an episode of Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman :) Everything looks wild and romantic and your dress is terrific! The hat adds a great extra prairie feel :)

Marinka  – (August 18, 2010 at 5:33 PM)  

I love the skirt and the hat

kerry  – (August 19, 2010 at 12:42 AM)  

wow!! you look stunning. i just love everything about these photos. the dress is gorgeous. i just love your blog, a new fave for sure :) following for sure!!!!!

http://www.repeatwithbrazen.blogspot.com

Courtney  – (August 19, 2010 at 4:37 AM)  

Gorgeous photos!!
I love the lighting!
So pretty! :)

hellolyndsey  – (August 21, 2010 at 2:11 PM)  

omg you look sooo gorgeous! gah i've missed your posts so bad :( haha i really need to catch up on my reading!

xx
lyndsey

One Girl  – (August 22, 2010 at 7:57 PM)  

Maria - this is absolutely breathtaking. You guys make a great team!!!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!

Your wonderful comments are genuinely appreciated!

XOXO,

Maria

Copyright Disclaimer

All drawings and personal photographs are owned by Maria Confer and may not be copied or reproduced without consent. All photos are shot with a Nikon D60 by my husband Cole or myself. When borrowing images please provide a link.

Creative Commons License
Lulu Letty by Maria Confer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Read about my Privacy Policy.

Header info

Custom header illustration by me.

Subscribe

pinafore ll feed

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP