Lulu Letty: A Farewell to Summer

A Farewell to Summer

Hi there! I'm Beatrice of DearBeatrice guest blogging today for Maria while she's away on a much needed relaxing vacation! I'm very honored to be one of her guest bloggers this week and I cannot wait to see what the other lovely girls have planned out! Not only is Maria one of my style icons, I also consider her a friend. She's very sweet, smart, beautiful, and has some of the most amazing blog photos! So about a week before she asked me to guest blog I had done a mini photo shoot with a friend of mine, Blythe who is an amazing photographer, and decided to save the photos for this post! It couldn't have been anymore perfect! When I think of Summer ending I think of the sun setting against a vast field. So this is my farewell to Summer and being a Southern Californian gal I must admit that even though I do not like it, Summer that is, it will be missed. So many fond memories and breezy outfits with hats and sundresses... I'll see you next year dear Summer.


Modern Prairie

Modern Prairie

Brooches
Vintage Brooches

Modern Prairie

A Farewell to Summer


blouse: Urban Outfitters
skirt: handmade
petticoat: handmade
tights: Nordstrom
hat: vintage
mary jane shoes: Jeffrey Campbell

xoxo,
Beatrice of DearBeatrice

Hannah  – (August 30, 2010 at 7:13 AM)  

Love the lace trim on the gingham skirt ;)
Nice work!

Dial V for Vintage  – (August 30, 2010 at 7:29 AM)  

Pretty! I love the vintage brooches :).

Casie Jean  – (August 30, 2010 at 8:05 AM)  

so so perfect for end of summer.
lovely photographs...a darling guest post indeed!
Casie Jean

Clare  – (August 30, 2010 at 8:06 AM)  

I don't know if I'm ready to see summer go, but these are such gorgeous late summer photos. Lovely post!

Emma  – (August 30, 2010 at 9:00 AM)  

What beautiful photos! I'm going to miss the warmth of Summer, but to be honest I am looking forward to Autumn, Winter not so much, but Autumn is my favourite time of year. Love your brooches! I've started to collect them!

Emma

free spirit fashion  – (August 30, 2010 at 10:01 AM)  

I love the vintage hat and brooches! very cute and summery.

cb  – (August 30, 2010 at 11:36 AM)  

love your tights! i have been searching for a pair and urban outfitters seams to be the only one i could find but they got really bad reviews! will check out nordstorms! by the way your outfit is amazing!

xo,
cb

Maria Confer  – (August 30, 2010 at 12:23 PM)  

I adore your Farewell post Beatrice!! This actually makes me almost sad that summer is leaving.

Blythe did a gorgeous job with the photos and your styling is, as always, impeccable.

Thank you so much for guest posting on my blog!

xx

Maria

Miki's scrapbook  – (August 30, 2010 at 12:26 PM)  

Hi, Beatrice!

I like your outfit; the pics are awesome!

Hope you and Maria are having a ncie week!

Miki.

Mamushka Marie  – (August 30, 2010 at 12:37 PM)  

gorgeous as ever beatrice! these photos are absolutely divine!

Justice Pirate  – (August 30, 2010 at 12:44 PM)  

I love when people do these on their blogs!! They are always so much fun! So here's the thing. . .I love this outfit a lot. ;)
I think all the pins are so cute.

MONKEYFACE  – (August 30, 2010 at 3:39 PM)  

Well how cute are you, Beatrice! I'm loving your front and back bows. Such a cheery goodbye to the season!

Kat  – (August 30, 2010 at 5:38 PM)  

great blog!

please check out my blog and enter my giveaway :)

katslovefashion.blogspot.com

Kerri @ OldLadyChic  – (August 30, 2010 at 5:41 PM)  

I love how you ladies do all the guest blogs! It is a good way for people to be introduced to new bloggers etc...

cherryhumbug  – (August 30, 2010 at 6:26 PM)  

Your blog is gorgeous! Love it!

Gracie  – (August 30, 2010 at 7:33 PM)  

I loooooove this shoot and photos! Just great!

Bea  – (August 30, 2010 at 7:48 PM)  

You seem to be channeling Maria in this post, actually. The saucy hat and explorer vibe of the photos :)

Good job, Beatrice!

Bea from A plus B

SMASH  – (August 30, 2010 at 8:11 PM)  

So lovely! Love the jaunty hat + red lip= amazing (and I can't believe I used jaunty in a sentence)

I'm trying to figure out where you guys went, is this near Silverado Canyon?

xx

Jasmine  – (August 30, 2010 at 9:02 PM)  

aww i love this post beatrice!!! the sunlight in these photos are amazing and so is your outfit!! this summer was definitely a good one :) can't wait to see what you and maria have in store for fall!

Sarah with an "h"  – (August 30, 2010 at 9:59 PM)  

Hey, Beatrice! Great post. I love this outfit. The skirt and petticoat look really cute together.

:o)Sarah

Anna G  – (August 30, 2010 at 10:30 PM)  

I've seen your blog before. Nice to see your guest post for such an awesome blogger.

Meg!  – (August 31, 2010 at 3:33 AM)  

I love the cluster of brooches, what a great touch. These photos are just so pretty.

Rosie  – (August 31, 2010 at 7:55 AM)  

Great post B! I love seeing you in a different setting!

blythe  – (August 31, 2010 at 12:29 PM)  

Ooh, so exciting!
Hi Maria! Lovely blog! :]

v a m p i r e  – (August 31, 2010 at 7:58 PM)  

YAY love the idea , i love her and also you :)

both are amazing inspiration

.Alyspank  – (August 31, 2010 at 11:52 PM)  

I absolutely adore her blog and this look. She's just too cute for words!

-Weezy from http://beautysimplistic.blogspot.com

Starr Crow  – (September 2, 2010 at 8:15 AM)  

your friend does some amazing photography! And you, my dear, are cute as ever. :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!

Your wonderful comments are genuinely appreciated!

XOXO,

Maria

Copyright Disclaimer

All drawings and personal photographs are owned by Maria Confer and may not be copied or reproduced without consent. All photos are shot with a Nikon D60 by my husband Cole or myself. When borrowing images please provide a link.

Creative Commons License
Lulu Letty by Maria Confer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Read about my Privacy Policy.

Header info

Custom header illustration by me.

Subscribe

pinafore ll feed

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP