Lulu Letty: Bradley Was Her Name

Bradley Was Her Name

Bradley Was Her Name
Bradley Was Her Name
My little ruffle dress made its way home. This was one of the dresses, I passed around to the Delightful Dozen girls. I haven't styled it for my blog in over a year and looking back on last year's photos make me laugh just a little bit.

Below, is a photo of a lovely deer that wanted to stop our drive down the dusty back road. I wish I had a proper zoom lens on my camera, but the photo turned out better than I would have thought. I named the deer, Bradley, in honor of my boots.
Bradley Was Her Name
Bradley Was Her Name
When the ever sweet Cat, of Bride Blu, asked if I would like to model her Anabelle milky turquoise necklace, I said "Yes, Please!" It's so simple and sweet that I couldn't wait to style it with my newly returned dress. I think what I adore most about the necklace is, like the description says, that it's more milky than clear. It has a gorgeous opaque quality.
Bradley Was Her Name
Bradley Was Her Name
Bradley Was Her Name
Photos by Cole. Thanks, darling!
Antique Trellis dress: ModCloth
Harness belt: Madewell
Bradley boots: Jeffrey Campbell
Anabelle necklace: c/o Bride Blu

anchor
I kept forgetting to mention that I was featured on both Wikifashion's and Chictopia's front pages. Thank You for featuring me!
press

Yours,
Maria Sig 2

helloiloveyou.  – (July 27, 2010 at 11:12 PM)  

I love the pattern and the colors on that dress. Too cute:)

Jessica  – (July 27, 2010 at 11:24 PM)  

Oh, this is so lovely! I've seen this dress on some of the other DD girls, it is just so pretty. Love the styling - the boots and belt toughen it up a bit. Gorgeous!

Christy  – (July 27, 2010 at 11:24 PM)  

That's so fun to get your dress back. The ruffles are very lovely and go perfectly with your boots and necklace.

Nice outfit!

Christy of Dress Rehearsal

Haley  – (July 27, 2010 at 11:24 PM)  

I am in love with your boots! They are amazing! I love the dress, also.

http://hisforhaley.blogspot.com/

Archives  – (July 27, 2010 at 11:33 PM)  

i'm in the UP for vacation - been seeing more than a fair share of deer! and now they're popping up in my blog reading, too! hahaha

Mo  – (July 27, 2010 at 11:36 PM)  

i really like the collar of that dress ! and that necklace is beautiful

Jenni  – (July 27, 2010 at 11:42 PM)  

Beautiful dress, beautiful boots, and beautiful deer! I miss woodland creatures! All we have out here are cockroaches and crows!

Bea  – (July 27, 2010 at 11:58 PM)  

Congratulations on the feature. I love deer spotting photos. No chance of that happening over here. :P

I do the same thing with my leather boots. The laces are too long so I wind them round and round. Good to know that's normal. :)

B from A plus B

Bea  – (July 27, 2010 at 11:59 PM)  

Congratulations on the feature. I love deer spotting photos. No chance of that happening over here. :P

I do the same thing with my leather boots. The laces are too long so I wind them round and round. Good to know that's normal. :)

B from A plus B

.Alyspank  – (July 28, 2010 at 12:25 AM)  

So beautiful! I've loved watching this dress travel from blog to blog and seeing how the other girls styled it. Makes a person think back to their own closet and how versatile different pieces can be.

-Weezy from http://beautysimplistic.blogspot.com

Alice  – (July 28, 2010 at 12:55 AM)  

aww the photos from last year are so sweet, but i love the way you styled it once again. great boots!

eleanor  – (July 28, 2010 at 1:07 AM)  

Oo, I've loved seeing this dress on some of the DD girls! You styled it wonderfully. And your boots are perfect.

X

Anthea  – (July 28, 2010 at 2:17 AM)  

There are those awesome boots again! Loved how you styled this outfit. Love the deer photo.

Anthea,
Embracing Style

Meg!  – (July 28, 2010 at 2:21 AM)  

You look so pretty in that dress! It's the perfect print, and the ruffles are so lovely. :)

dreamylacey  – (July 28, 2010 at 3:25 AM)  

love hte dress! the belt is really nice! I always forget to wear belt. the boots are very well chosen too. love the ruffles

http://www.iletaitunefoisundressing.com/

Rose  – (July 28, 2010 at 3:25 AM)  

Oh wow, your photos have changed SO much since you last styled this dress! Do you mind me asking what changes you have made to make your photos look so much more professional?
I also like your hair longer how it is now :) you look gorgeous as usual.

Rose

Regina –   – (July 28, 2010 at 3:51 AM)  

These photos are so beautiful. Your hair looks really good and the outfit is wonderful!

Camilla  – (July 28, 2010 at 4:10 AM)  

I always see deer run across my garden, I should start carrying my camera with me around the house so I can get a picture! Love the dress, so pretty x

intothefoldfashion.blogspot.com

Velvet  – (July 28, 2010 at 5:25 AM)  

Gorgeous dress! I love the necklace too, I think that I'm getting slowly attracted by accesories!

Love your makeup.

jenloveskev  – (July 28, 2010 at 5:56 AM)  

Isn't it so fun to look back at outfits you wore a year ago? I always get a kick out of looking back thru my flickr set. Love this dressed paired with your new boots. They are really awesome!

Laia  – (July 28, 2010 at 7:22 AM)  

hahaha after looking at the pics from last year I can totally say again that your hair looks much better right now, are you sure you're going to donate it?? hahahah I'm sorry for being so annoying, I just love long hairs so much

The dress is so cute, and so are the boots! I thought they were black!

Sarah  – (July 28, 2010 at 7:33 AM)  

I'm deeply in love with your boots Maria! This way of wearing the dress looks much better then the first one!

a.  – (July 28, 2010 at 7:37 AM)  

I love your boots!
You are so beautiful!

xx

http://crueltricksofthelightt.blogspot.com/

amanda lynn?  – (July 28, 2010 at 7:44 AM)  

you look so adorable. i love he dress! and i said it in your previous post but i LOVE those boots. if only i could afford jeffery campbell my life would be complete, hehe.

Swalvs  – (July 28, 2010 at 8:01 AM)  

Oh your dress and boots are so good! You look awesome. And congrats for the features.

Justice Pirate  – (July 28, 2010 at 8:11 AM)  

did you name the deer? I am odd I guess wanting to name every creature I see haha. The deer's name is "Pieka" (because you got a peek of it during your shoot).

What a lovely dress!
The necklace matches perfectly!!

celine  – (July 28, 2010 at 8:18 AM)  

This is so perfect. I love that flowery dress and those boots...!! They are amazing. You look beautiful.

flnw.blogspot.com

Darling L  – (July 28, 2010 at 8:26 AM)  

Don't know what I do love more, your dress, your boots or the Bride Blue's necklace! :)

Rosie  – (July 28, 2010 at 9:07 AM)  

Everything about this is perfect from the necklace, to Bradley the Deer, to those amazing Bradley Boots!

jamilah  – (July 28, 2010 at 9:47 AM)  

I love this dress, and you styled it perfectly... I absolutely love the images from this post... especially the first & the last with the close up of you... you look lovely as always =)
xo
~jamilah~

Melissa  – (July 28, 2010 at 9:50 AM)  

So pretty! Have you ever posted an eyeliner "how-to" tutorial? I love the way your eyeliner looks, and would be delighted to learn how to do that myself.

Emmie  – (July 28, 2010 at 9:54 AM)  

What a great combination, pretty florals with lace up boots! Can't believe how short your hair is in the old photos!

Love the necklace too!

Chandler  – (July 28, 2010 at 11:26 AM)  

Your style is to die for! Okay okay, that's really extreme.. but I do love your style!

xox
Chandler
www.chandlersfreshstart.com

Sophie  – (July 28, 2010 at 11:37 AM)  

Wow, you had really short hair..^^
You look so adorable in that dress:)
And the shoes are perfect!
It thought I was the only one who used to tie the shoelaces around my ancle.. But I did it because I would've tripped over them if I didn't^^''

Congrats with being featured! :D

xx Sophie

http://sophieneechan.blogspot.com

Morgan and Lua  – (July 28, 2010 at 12:13 PM)  

Lovely pictures as per usual! (Nice work Cole)

Can I raid your shoe closet? These boots are amazing. I'm a sucker for a worn leather. I think they'll only get better the more you wear them.

Congratulations on the features!
www.morganandlua.blogspot.com

Lou  – (July 28, 2010 at 12:27 PM)  

I adore that dress! And the boots really make the outfit.:)

Lou x - craftyandquirky.blogspot.com

Carissa  – (July 28, 2010 at 12:32 PM)  

really love the details of your dress and that boot is awesome!!

Kate  – (July 28, 2010 at 12:36 PM)  

That dress really suits you, I'm glad you're styling it up again. I like how you toughened it up with the boots too - looooove those boots.

Sequin This  – (July 28, 2010 at 2:54 PM)  

Love those boots!

sequinthis.blogspot.com
xo.

Becca Jane  – (July 28, 2010 at 2:58 PM)  

I love that dress - it's been fun to see everyone style it up their own way.

Also, congrats on those features!

...One Girl  – (July 28, 2010 at 4:02 PM)  

I liked both years! I do think your long hair is beautiful - but I am bias! The necklace is beautiful too. I thought I saw that dress somewhere!!!

Cecilia  – (July 28, 2010 at 4:19 PM)  

My goodness those boots are heavenly.

Cecilia

http://ceciliainlace.tumblr.com/

Catherine - The Girl In The Paper Dress  – (July 28, 2010 at 4:53 PM)  

I love the dress, the sweet necklace, and of course those awesome boots!

The Girl in the Paper Dress

♥Lola  – (July 28, 2010 at 5:17 PM)  

Love this dress on you! How sweet is that deer? And you're very welcome for the wiki feature :) Hope you're having a lovely week.

Quiet Eyes  – (July 28, 2010 at 5:25 PM)  

I love the necklace!
By the way, I am following your blog. I love it!

http://quieteyeshaley.blogspot.com/

rlutz  – (July 28, 2010 at 5:59 PM)  

I love that dress...especially the way you styled it with those killer boots!

Amanda  – (July 28, 2010 at 7:47 PM)  

You look gorgeous Maria! Love the dress paired with those boots, a great sweet-tough balance.

Love the deer, Bradley! I always get so worried driving in the evenings thought because they run out on the roads here like crazy!

Dustjacket Attic  – (July 28, 2010 at 11:46 PM)  

The boots rock...that necklace is a perfect match for the dress.

What a sweet deer and that is so cute you named it Bradley :)
xoxo

Caitlyn, Bees with Feathers  – (July 29, 2010 at 12:03 AM)  

Ahhh <33 Deer! So lovely! And your boots are seriously incredible. If Jeffrey Campbell's weren't so pricey I would definitely be getting a pair of these!

PS- Your hair grows sooo fast! I thought mine did but yours must have amainzg growing powers or something haha <3!

nyc lu  – (July 29, 2010 at 8:58 PM)  

love the ruffles on the dress.. and those shoes are amazing!

CLOTHESURE

Clare  – (July 29, 2010 at 10:02 PM)  

Those boots are PHENOMENAL.

Josephine  – (July 29, 2010 at 10:46 PM)  

The ruffles and design is so cute!

Sandra  – (August 10, 2010 at 9:13 AM)  

The dress is lovely. I don't like the boots and would pair another shoe to the dress, but this is my personal taste. Love your hairdo and congrats for the features! ^^

xoxo Sandra
http://glamirrorous.com

Anonymous –   – (January 16, 2011 at 8:26 PM)  

I love lululetty.blogspot.com! Here I always find a lot of helpful information for myself. Thanks you for your work.
Webmaster of http://loveepicentre.com and http://movieszone.eu
Best regards

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!

Your wonderful comments are genuinely appreciated!

XOXO,

Maria

Copyright Disclaimer

All drawings and personal photographs are owned by Maria Confer and may not be copied or reproduced without consent. All photos are shot with a Nikon D60 by my husband Cole or myself. When borrowing images please provide a link.

Creative Commons License
Lulu Letty by Maria Confer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Read about my Privacy Policy.

Header info

Custom header illustration by me.

Subscribe

pinafore ll feed

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP