Lulu Letty: The Rails Lead North

The Rails Lead North

The Rails Lead North
The Rails Lead North
The Rails Lead North
I feel like it's been forever since I've worn pants, let alone, a more menswear inspired look. Man, I've missed it. I seriously don't think I'll ever get sick of these vintage pants or chambray shirt, they're such classics.
The Rails Lead North
The Rails Lead North
The Rails Lead North
The Rails Lead North
Photos by Cole. Thanks, darling!
Vintage chambray shirt: thrifted
Vintage high waist pants: thrifted
Vintage belt: borrowed from mom
Black hat: Target
Black clogs: Jeffrey Campbell
Black sunglasses: Ray-Ban, Clubmaster

anchor
Something freaky happened to me today, I was electrocuted. Not anything serious, but it still hurt bad. I was using my laptop outside on my parents' patio and when I went to unplug it, I got zapped. My whole left arm went numb and the pain shot straight up my neck and into my head. Definitely not a fun feeling. Even now, hours later, my left arm still feels a bit stiff and my head hurts. Boo. Oh, well. It could have been much worse.

So, how was your weekend?

Yours,
Maria Sig 2

SomedayNewYorker  – (June 27, 2010 at 11:15 PM)  

Fantastic sunglasses. And i absolutely love your eyeliner.

avalonne lou summers  – (June 27, 2010 at 11:30 PM)  

Whoa I'm sorry you got electrocuted, eeek. I've been zapped many times before, I know it hurts! Sorry! I have missed your menswear look a lot a lot a lot! I've been channeling menswear inspired looks a lot recently :) You do it so well! I love the train tracks, I wish I could do a mini shoot on the train tracks, makes me think of Stand By Me (1986). You look stunning!

HMROBERTS  – (June 27, 2010 at 11:31 PM)  

EEEK! Glad you are alright. That happened to me when I was in Paris - and yes, I was using the proper plug!

Gorgeous as always!

Taylor B.  – (June 27, 2010 at 11:38 PM)  

Scary! Your parents should get that outlet checked out.

Amanda  – (June 28, 2010 at 12:11 AM)  

Oooh, scary, glad you're alright! I got electrocuted in a hs chem class many years ago, mostly because I didn't listen to the teacher, but it still was super scary!

You pull off menswear looks very well! I love this outfit on you :]

eleanor  – (June 28, 2010 at 12:16 AM)  

Ahh, stunning photos! The menswear look is great on you.

I am in love with the third photo up from the bottom, you are beautiful Maria!

X

eleanor  – (June 28, 2010 at 12:16 AM)  

PS. That sounds horrible, I hope you feel better soon!

X

Amanda "Creamy" Apriani  – (June 28, 2010 at 1:02 AM)  

Lovely post n' always be that. . .

I had a new post in HERE n' I've giveaway. Join it at HERE

haven't exchange link? Email me in icecreamyworld@gmail.com or comment me in my blog

Thanks a lot,
Amanda "Creamy" Apriani
http://creamyandicecream.blogspot.com/
Twitter : caramel_manda

CocoCherie  – (June 28, 2010 at 2:25 AM)  

Gorgeous photos of you standing on the railroad track with the sun as your backlight! I love those!!

Tonia  – (June 28, 2010 at 2:28 AM)  

Oof - glad you're ok! Electric shocks hurt: I got thrown across the room once due to a faulty electric blanket. Sometimes regulations are a Good Thing!

Anthea  – (June 28, 2010 at 2:56 AM)  

Stunning pics as usual! I love each and every one of them.

Chloe Trayner  – (June 28, 2010 at 3:34 AM)  

I love your menswear style outfits, I'm on a desperate hunt for these style trousers! I got electrocuted by fairy lights once and I had the same feeling, not nice at all!

Sahakiel  – (June 28, 2010 at 3:42 AM)  

That happened to me too long time ago; it was so hard that I was ejected from the light switch where the short circuit occurred! So freaky too, I think that since that day I came so crazy as I am now, hahaha!!

This pictures with the sunset are so lovely; yaw for Cole!

Erica Leigh  – (June 28, 2010 at 4:19 AM)  

haven't visited your blog in a while! i missed it.

this outfit is so cute--something only you could pull off, i think. heels & menswear is such a cool combination.

i love the new header & layout. and congrats on being modcloth's blogger of the moment! i'm so excited for you ^_^

eeek, that's so scary that you were electrocuted! it's a good thing it wasn't so serious.

hmm, my weekend? it was good! my friend had a pool party and it was fun. lots of food + sun. i love summer.

<3
erica

Valentina  – (June 28, 2010 at 4:28 AM)  

I'm soo, sooo sorry, Maria!Hope you'll be fine and that won't be serious consequences!Waiting to hear fron you asap to make sure you're fine!
Big hug.

Valentina from Fashion Trotter - 100% italian street style

http://fashiontrotter.blogspot.com

Away with the fairy's  – (June 28, 2010 at 4:37 AM)  

I want this outfit! :)

http://illustratemypillowcase.blogspot.com/

Vicki  – (June 28, 2010 at 4:46 AM)  

oh my god how scary!! Ive got a shock from an electric fence once but that was no where as bad as this sounds!! ps i posted photos of me on a railway track just yesterday! check it out if uve time :) althou my photos aren't as good as yours! x

jeune_premier  – (June 28, 2010 at 4:50 AM)  

hope the hurt has passed by now...

really nice pics and great outfit!

northwest is best  – (June 28, 2010 at 4:58 AM)  

Great outfit! I'm jealous of those trousers. hope you get better soon from the zapping, and I'll be careful in the future when unplugging my laptop. Sounds nasty.

Wangari M.  – (June 28, 2010 at 5:45 AM)  

You look great! I keep trying to find a way to wear outfit inspired by means wear (like you) but no luvk yet. Glad the electrocution wasn't too bad but it still sounds like it was bad enough!

My weekend was quite and relaxing, just the way I like them :)

Justice Pirate  – (June 28, 2010 at 6:07 AM)  

Hope the issues with your arm get better soon! That sounds a little odd. I really love the shots here too.

Leia  – (June 28, 2010 at 6:34 AM)  

That electrocution sounds really scary! I hope you're okay now!!

Carys  – (June 28, 2010 at 6:51 AM)  

I got electrocuted (mildly) by a broken plug socket once, I hope you're ok! These photos are absolutely incredible. I love your whole outfit too, the shape of those trousers is so nice!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

Trishna  – (June 28, 2010 at 8:17 AM)  

OMG Thank god you are Okay. I get electrocuted pretty often, thanks to a pup who chews through all the cords in all our appliances and home electronics.

I love the lighting in these photos though. :)

Meghan V.  – (June 28, 2010 at 8:28 AM)  

These shots are incredible! Lovely outfit.

Expectant Duck  – (June 28, 2010 at 8:47 AM)  

Sorry to hear about the shock and I love the look, as always.

Rosie  – (June 28, 2010 at 8:58 AM)  

I so adore your classic style! I have basically the same pants and need to wear them. Thanks for the reminder. You look so effortlessly chic my dear!

Anna G  – (June 28, 2010 at 9:05 AM)  

Good to hear you'll be okay. I've been shocked a few times, stupid computer.

bestie  – (June 28, 2010 at 9:31 AM)  

Classics indeed! And together they make one heck of an outfit. You're beautiful Maria!

dreamylacey  – (June 28, 2010 at 9:48 AM)  

I love this outfit. sometimes It is nice to wear a masculine look with a tuch of feminity like your heels. I have made a similar post reecently but with suspenders.
you look effortlessly chic in those pants.

http://www.iletaitunefoisundressing.com/

Archives  – (June 28, 2010 at 9:52 AM)  

love the railroad track location...great photos!

jungleworldcitizen  – (June 28, 2010 at 10:06 AM)  

My weekend wasn't as shocking as yours. I know. Horrible joke. =( It's just that sometimes (honestly, most of the times) I don't know what to say when people say freaky or scary things that happened to them, and I end up nervous laughing or making bad jokes =p
I hope you're feeling better now. Your outfit is gorgeous ;)
xoxo

Page  – (June 28, 2010 at 10:32 AM)  

oh i love your clogs!! :)
page

DearBeatrice  – (June 28, 2010 at 10:46 AM)  

I hope you're ok. That's really scary :(
love the photos though :)

HereWeGoAJen  – (June 28, 2010 at 12:07 PM)  

I got electrocuted when I was installing a light. Right up my left arm and I can still feel how much that hurt.

Teresa  – (June 28, 2010 at 12:27 PM)  

Yikes! I hope you're feeling better now!

Michelle Elaine  – (June 28, 2010 at 12:32 PM)  

Help me find high waisted pants! I need them and can't seem to find them when I got thrifting :( any online recommendations? pretty please?

KeepItFvncy,
M.E.

Tagwort//Tagbild  – (June 28, 2010 at 12:46 PM)  

I´m so much in love with your style...I really love such trousers. For those I could change on so many days my skirt or dress outfit into a adorable trouser outfit...!

Christy  – (June 28, 2010 at 1:03 PM)  

I love the menswear look you're rocking. It looks so comfortable and relaxed while still being unusual.

Also nice place for photos.

Christy of Dress Rehearsal

Cat  – (June 28, 2010 at 1:04 PM)  

Love the lighting in these pictures...the sun setting silouette images are stunning!

Glad to hear that you are okay...yikes! That sounds scary!

rlutz  – (June 28, 2010 at 1:05 PM)  

love the way you styled those pants.

Daphne  – (June 28, 2010 at 1:31 PM)  

Those are (I believe) the pants that first made me start reading your blog! Love their fit and your styling so much.
And I hope you feel better- I've actually been electrocuted a number of times. By electric fences as a child in the country, and once (more badly) by an amp which I was touching while I unplugged and I had a similar experience to what you described- it sort of threw me backwards halfway across the room. Very odd, isn't it?
xo

Poppies and Sunshine  – (June 28, 2010 at 1:33 PM)  

I love your outfit! Those shoes are fabulous and the railroad track setting is great!

veronika, tick tock vintage.  – (June 28, 2010 at 2:08 PM)  

lovely outfit!

i once zapped myself by absent mindedly sticking tweezers in an electrical socket when i was on the phone (and obviously not paying attention). i scared the crap out of myself and shorted out one side of the house.

Starr Crow  – (June 28, 2010 at 2:23 PM)  

you'll always look good in the menswear! crazy about the shock...your right though, that could've been bad!

joelle van dyne  – (June 28, 2010 at 3:38 PM)  

i love menswear inspired looks, and you do them so well- still managing to make them look totally feminine. the soft fabrics look so nice for summertime. i hope you are feeling better after getting zapped- eek! that is scary. ~joelle

Bad Taste Toast  – (June 28, 2010 at 3:44 PM)  

This look is so pretty! great pants and shirt! And you're the master of catching the sunlight so beautifully in your photos!

Mandy  – (June 28, 2010 at 4:36 PM)  

Glad to hear you're okay! I love menswear inspired looks and you wear it so well. :)

www.mandydiec.blogspot.com

Dottie  – (June 28, 2010 at 6:32 PM)  

Yipes, sorry to hear about the shock! Your computer rebelling.

The dark shots with the rail in the foreground are awesome. You pull off the classic menswear summer look beautifully.

JellyBelly  – (June 28, 2010 at 7:58 PM)  

Classic look Maria!

I've been shocked before and it was quite the experience!

inge luciana  – (June 28, 2010 at 8:24 PM)  

You look so amazing!
and lovely shoes..I'm crazy about it!!
it's so cool!

daisymay  – (June 28, 2010 at 9:00 PM)  

I want your bowler! And 'Yes. I'm a shoe whore' just did photos on a train track just like yours today!

Daisy Dayz Home

Annie, Time Enough for Drums  – (June 28, 2010 at 9:17 PM)  

Will you do an eyeliner tutorial? Pretty please? Everytime I look at your photos I want to try your make-up so much, but I'm terrible at it! I want your secrets. Love, Annie.

Gracie  – (June 28, 2010 at 9:42 PM)  

Cool, cool! I love this style, I've been meaning to try it out myself and now you've inspired me to!

Gracie  – (June 28, 2010 at 9:42 PM)  

Cool, cool! I love this style, I've been meaning to try it out myself and now you've inspired me to!

Morgan and Lua  – (June 28, 2010 at 10:23 PM)  

Oh my gosh Maria! That's horrible, I'm glad to hear you're doing ok though and rocking some great menswear inspired duds.
My weekend was very fast, spent some time in Maryland visiting the boy and actually wore the same shoes you have on here.
I can't wait to stroll around with my new perfect vintage bag!

So sorry you were shocked. That's never a good thing.
www.morganandlua.blogspot.com

Dustjacket Attic  – (June 28, 2010 at 11:27 PM)  

Ooo no fun at all about the zapping, bit scary.

I love love those shoes, I think I say it every time I see them ;)

Cool shots and location and you are right, a timeless outfit.
xxx

vintagereflection  – (June 29, 2010 at 12:34 PM)  

I love this outfit and the location!! Its amazing! It's really inspired me to find a location like this in England for project I'm working on. You really suit trousers and really good photography, great work Cole! x

Tanglewood  – (June 29, 2010 at 7:37 PM)  

Oh wow, I love this. Makes me really pine for autumn! I feel like our spring went so quickly, I hardly got the chance to break out my trousers!

Lexie, Little Boat  – (June 29, 2010 at 9:37 PM)  

yikes! at least you weren't struck by lightning though .. that could have been worse, right?

also, after living in the midwest, i have a special place in my heart for trains! <3 the pictures!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!

Your wonderful comments are genuinely appreciated!

XOXO,

Maria

Copyright Disclaimer

All drawings and personal photographs are owned by Maria Confer and may not be copied or reproduced without consent. All photos are shot with a Nikon D60 by my husband Cole or myself. When borrowing images please provide a link.

Creative Commons License
Lulu Letty by Maria Confer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Read about my Privacy Policy.

Header info

Custom header illustration by me.

Subscribe

pinafore ll feed

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP