Lulu Letty: Lace Your Heart

Lace Your Heart

Lace Your Heart
Lace Your Heart
Lace Your Heart
I was so excited about my new hat and boots arriving today, that I just had to do a shoot. I've been wanting a more straight, wider brimmed hat for sometime. I like this one from UO, but I do wish it was a bit more durable and a little less flimsy. Oh, well. It does the job.

Plus, I'm really psyched about my new boots. I've been searching for a pair of brown lace up boots for some time and when I found these on Etsy, I knew they just had to be mine. They're the perfect shade and I adore their side buckle.
Lace Your Heart
Lace Your Heart
Lace Your Heart
Lace Your Heart
Photos by Cole. Thanks, darling!
Felt boater hat: Urban Outfitters
Retrospective Romper: c/o ModCloth
Harness belt: Madewell
The Heart's Reasons necklace: c/o ModCloth
Vintage brown boots: Lousy Beatnik, Etsy

Dot tights: Target
anchor
Thank you so much for all the sweet comments about my being zapped. I'm feeling better today and only woke up slightly stiff. So I'm assuming no serious damage was done. ;)

Yours,
Maria Sig 2

Dustjacket Attic  – (June 28, 2010 at 11:28 PM)  

Oh love the boots, great color and style ... the hat looks good too.
xxx

Michelle Elaine  – (June 28, 2010 at 11:30 PM)  

i need to find some boots like that... i saw the perfect pair of combat ones at uo - but felt like i could find it at a thrift store...

KeepItFvncy,
M.E.

Kyra  – (June 28, 2010 at 11:34 PM)  

Your hair is getting long! It looks so pretty :) I'm loving your new boots and hat!

Megan –   – (June 28, 2010 at 11:42 PM)  

Ooh, this is adorable!
I especially love the boots

Mel  – (June 29, 2010 at 12:07 AM)  

Wow those boots are stunning, and I love your new hat! Yikes hope you're feeling better from yesterday! Sounds like an experience you would not wish to repeat!

Caitlyn, Bees with Feathers  – (June 29, 2010 at 12:18 AM)  

Ugh I LOVE those boots! So amazing. And that romper is something else too. You really look so pretty in this outfit! I love it!

Sonia  – (June 29, 2010 at 1:05 AM)  

Lovely outfit! Those tights and boots are so cute!

Luchie  – (June 29, 2010 at 1:09 AM)  

I heart those boots, and such a lovely lace romper. Really want this outfit for summer!! :D

thank you for following my blog :)

Midwest Mayhem  – (June 29, 2010 at 1:50 AM)  

This is the first romper I've seen that's lacy. It's very pretty.

Anthea  – (June 29, 2010 at 2:02 AM)  

Great outfit. I agree with you those boots are lovely!

Friend in Fashion  – (June 29, 2010 at 2:05 AM)  

Its all in the detail - the lace, the spots, the boots - perfect! :)

Luv, Friend in Fashion
www.friendinfashion.blogspot.com
X

Tonia  – (June 29, 2010 at 2:47 AM)  

Those are great boots - remind me of going horse riding when I was a kid!

Vicky  – (June 29, 2010 at 2:52 AM)  

I'm kind of in love with your boots x

eleanor  – (June 29, 2010 at 3:02 AM)  

i love the mix of black and brown on you! and those boots are perfect, what a great find :)

X

Valentina  – (June 29, 2010 at 3:11 AM)  

Love the polka dots sheer tights!Always pretty and feminine!The boots are awesome!Glad you're fine.
Kisses

Valentina from Fashion Trotter – 100% italian street style

http://fashiontrotter.blogspot.com

Swalvs  – (June 29, 2010 at 4:13 AM)  

Oh It's not that cool any more here to wear those dotted tights under everything! I love them so much! The romper (Ididn't realise it was a romper before I read it!) is so beautiful! The boots are also sweet! Wear them in good days!!!

Fauve  – (June 29, 2010 at 5:16 AM)  

Ooooh i love those boots! So pretty! You look great with the hat. I'm fond of bowler hats :) Love

Pappelschnee  – (June 29, 2010 at 5:30 AM)  

I love the boots and the belt!

daisymay  – (June 29, 2010 at 8:03 AM)  

Love that romper and your new hat and boots are great. Your bowler is being replaced, hope we still get to see it now and again!!

Daisy Dayz Home

Trishna  – (June 29, 2010 at 8:20 AM)  

Your black and brown combo looks very chic Maria. :)

Rosie  – (June 29, 2010 at 8:23 AM)  

I love the black and brown combo! The lace romper is really pretty too!

Page  – (June 29, 2010 at 8:48 AM)  

i love this shoot!!
love the one with the shoes and the ones with you sitting on the side.. so unique! :)
page

Tagwort//Tagbild  – (June 29, 2010 at 9:22 AM)  

The boots look perfect...but I still have a problem with combinations in brown and black...;)

bestie  – (June 29, 2010 at 9:36 AM)  

Aww you're all dressed up! It's a wonderful outfit, Maria. The boots are to die for. (:

Archives  – (June 29, 2010 at 10:12 AM)  

wow - this doesn't even look like a romper! nice.

love the scenery, too!

Morgan and Lua  – (June 29, 2010 at 11:14 AM)  

Lovely outfit Maria. It would have been so easy to wear this romper with heels, I'm really glad you chose something more unexpected. Those boots are perfect and I love Madewell belt as well.

Any chance you'd do a makeup tutorial on here? Your eye make up in that last shot is perfect! What type do you use?

Best,
www.morganandlua.blogspot.com

DearBeatrice  – (June 29, 2010 at 11:24 AM)  

I love this look! One of my favorites of your for sure!! Love the brown with black and the lace texture with the polka dot tights, sooo perfect!! ^.^

Electro Geisha  – (June 29, 2010 at 12:10 PM)  

such sweet and romantic outfit. lots of <3 from me to you, stylish girl :) thanks for following :)

vintagereflection  – (June 29, 2010 at 12:37 PM)  

Another amazing look and location, loving these new locations of yours! I really like the mixture of feminine and masculine elements in this look. By mixing the tough boots but with delicate tights and lace dress. I think I'd go as far this is my favorite look to date!

HereWeGoAJen  – (June 29, 2010 at 12:40 PM)  

Very cute! You wear hats with such style too, I cannot pull that off.

Clare  – (June 29, 2010 at 1:24 PM)  

"Jealousy" doesn't come close to describe how I feel about you finding those boots before I did. :)

B  – (June 29, 2010 at 1:31 PM)  

Those boots are so perfect in every way. I have no idea how you found them on Etsy. The sidebuckle, color and style make them the country version of a motorcycle boot! Even better paired with the dotted tights.

Also that is the first black boater I have seen on the blogosphere and it is pretty bad-ass looking!

Your location is too good for words. You consistently inspire me, Maria.

B from A plus B

avalonne lou summers  – (June 29, 2010 at 1:32 PM)  

Love your lace up boots!!! That hat is wonderful, Urban Outfitters sells some amazing hats! But I'm sure you know, Etsy has a wide selection of vintage hats :) Glad you're feeling better!

Lulu Peddar  – (June 29, 2010 at 1:51 PM)  

I love your boots and that hat is so wonderfully retro, your look is so cute!

Keira Lennox  – (June 29, 2010 at 2:57 PM)  

The hat and boots are GREAT finds! I love the subtle details of lace and dotted stockings :) I just adore your pretty, pretty style.

Mo  – (June 29, 2010 at 4:07 PM)  

ooh i really like that look on you ! looks different ;-)
i developped a huge crush on piers this weekend ;-)

Rlutz  – (June 29, 2010 at 4:14 PM)  

love how you rock the hats...
Thanks for following my blog...you are my first cool style blogger!

Kelly  – (June 29, 2010 at 4:34 PM)  

Such a cute outfit! I have been searching for boots like that as well and those are perfect! You look so chic, as always.

-Kelly
Sequins & Shadows

Tieka, Selective Potential  – (June 29, 2010 at 5:05 PM)  

I absolutely LOVE this outfit! I have so many pieces just like this, gives me major inspiration! And your hair is getting so long. Ah, I love it. xo

Kristin  – (June 29, 2010 at 5:26 PM)  

Can Cole come shoot for me? HA!

Eat, Sleep, Denim  – (June 29, 2010 at 6:09 PM)  

Amazing outfit!
Eat, Sleep, Denim <3

sarah  – (June 29, 2010 at 7:02 PM)  

This is my second favourite outfit of yours ever! The first being your delectable Annie Hall inspired one. You just look seriously cool, which is a bit cheesy of me to say but ah well!

Sarah

Katie  – (June 29, 2010 at 7:06 PM)  

Love the tights and boots together! Great combo.

http://wardrobewarrioress.blogspot.com/

Becca Jane  – (June 29, 2010 at 7:11 PM)  

Loving the lace romper, and the boots!! Such a great find.

angie may  – (June 29, 2010 at 9:58 PM)  

this is a beautiful shoot! lovely outfit, lovely setting, lovely lady. :)

amanda lynn?  – (June 29, 2010 at 10:42 PM)  

those boots are fantastic! and all these photos are so lovely!

The Daily Fashionista  – (June 30, 2010 at 6:16 AM)  

I am totally in love with this look. The lacy tights, the brown boots, everything!! I'm glad to see it's not so crazy hot, that you can wear tights still. I always feel like my outfit is missing something:(

Justice Pirate  – (June 30, 2010 at 6:42 AM)  

Those boots suit you perfectly! Love this look!!! the tights with it and the dress. Quite lovely!

Lea's Suitcase  – (June 30, 2010 at 2:19 PM)  

just the other day when I was wearing lace myself I kept singing "gonna lace you up in my love" the old 80's Madonna song "dress you up in my love" This post reminds me of that too :)

MarieBayArea  – (July 2, 2010 at 12:03 AM)  

there are so many elements of this outfit that i adore-your black lace romper from mod cloth (i might have to get that for myself), your awesome brown vintage boots, and your harness belt (which i couldn't find on the madewell site, so too bad for me, it appears sold out). thanks for all the fashion inspiration maria!

Sarah  – (July 6, 2010 at 1:04 PM)  

I love this outfit. This dress is amazing and I adore the hat. I love your style and your blog!

thequeenofwanderlust.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!

Your wonderful comments are genuinely appreciated!

XOXO,

Maria

Copyright Disclaimer

All drawings and personal photographs are owned by Maria Confer and may not be copied or reproduced without consent. All photos are shot with a Nikon D60 by my husband Cole or myself. When borrowing images please provide a link.

Creative Commons License
Lulu Letty by Maria Confer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Read about my Privacy Policy.

Header info

Custom header illustration by me.

Subscribe

pinafore ll feed

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP