Lulu Letty: Torch Lake Bliss

Torch Lake Bliss

DSC_0047
DSC_0059
This is the first bikini I've worn in over five years. While most make me run screaming for a cover up, this adorable retro looking suit, with its high waist and pretty plaid print, makes me feel quite wonderful!
DSC_0067
DSC_0082
DSC_0088
Photo Credits: Cole. Thanks, darling!
Gentlemen Prefer Plaid bikini: c/o ModCloth
Vintage chambray shirt: thrifted
Black sunglasses: Oliver Peoples, Zooey
Leather sandals: Clarks Originals

small bow no shadow
It was an incredibly splendid Saturday on Torch Lake!

The winner of the Shabby Apple La Tour Eiffel dress giveaway is Caitlin, of The August One. Thank you so much to everyone that entered and to the amazing people at Shabby Apple!

XOXO
Maria Sig

Norah Salvatore  – (May 29, 2010 at 11:11 PM)  

Darling, you are absolutely stunning! I am actually so jealous of your swim-suit, it's almost exactly what I have been looking for, only I want a floral print. Great find! You look beautiful :)

If you could check out my blog, it would mean the world to me, you're a bit of an inspiration to me, and have been for a while now :)

Much Love,
Norah xxx

http://thislittleblogbelongstome.blogspot.com

Erica Leigh  – (May 29, 2010 at 11:41 PM)  

miss maria!

your bathing suit is adorably retro and you look great in it. i <3 swimsuit weather!

lucky caitlin for winning the giveaway. congrats to her. :D

<3!

Becca Jane  – (May 29, 2010 at 11:55 PM)  

Love the retro feel of this suit!

Marie  – (May 30, 2010 at 12:49 AM)  

i love that vintage bikini. i'm going to try to find one for this summer also.

Dustjacket Attic  – (May 30, 2010 at 12:54 AM)  

Oh sweets this is too gorgeous on you, I just love it. The location is so wonderful too, the water is the best!

Fabulous find!!
xoxo

bestie  – (May 30, 2010 at 2:14 AM)  

Maria you look great!! Such a vintage darling. I want that swimsuit too! <3

Manja  – (May 30, 2010 at 2:54 AM)  

Oh Maria that suit looks wonderful on you!!! I wish I had the money to buy this one, it's so pretty :)

Electro Geisha  – (May 30, 2010 at 3:26 AM)  

very vintage and so stylish :) love from head to toe :)

Anniina  – (May 30, 2010 at 3:41 AM)  

The bikini looks really good on you! :-) You're gorgeous!

kat.  – (May 30, 2010 at 4:04 AM)  

the swim suit is so amazing. I want !

Teresa  – (May 30, 2010 at 4:59 AM)  

That is a very pretty swimsuit! I'm quite self-conscious about my body so I rarely wear one but this one looks very conservative yet fun! Happy weekend, M! :)

Justice Pirate  – (May 30, 2010 at 5:35 AM)  

I'm a one piece person, myself. Even when I did wear "bikinis" I wore shirts over them all the time. I usually buy one for my husband only but I wouldn't ever wear them out. I just feel like it is too much for others to see of me. Hope that makes sense.

anyway this is really a lovely set and I like that it isn't typical bikini, but more of a two piece that covers well enough.

Camilla  – (May 30, 2010 at 6:25 AM)  

thst bikini is just wonderful- so retro, and gorgeous on you, I have my eyes on a highwaisted one from H&M

INTOTHEFOLDFASHION.BLOGSPOT.COM

B  – (May 30, 2010 at 6:28 AM)  

Hey wow! Maria without her trademark red lips. You look lovely just the same. :)

The water looks so refreshing I wish I was there right now. Oh and your Clark Originals! They are great looking summer sandals.

B from A plus B

BaronessVonVintage  – (May 30, 2010 at 6:40 AM)  

now THAT is my kind of two piece. Fantastic!

Leia  – (May 30, 2010 at 7:07 AM)  

gorgeous bikini! you look so pretty maria!

Carys  – (May 30, 2010 at 7:30 AM)  

Beautiful pictures, I love your swimsuit!!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

Trishna  – (May 30, 2010 at 8:36 AM)  

This is the answer to my eternal search for the perfect swimsuit. you look beautiful.

Starr Crow  – (May 30, 2010 at 8:43 AM)  

it's really amazing Maria. You look great in a retro bikini! I love the pattern too.

Rose  – (May 30, 2010 at 8:43 AM)  

Your bathing suit looks great, such a cute print!

Rose

Rosie  – (May 30, 2010 at 8:59 AM)  

Fabulous Bikini!! I'm a sucker for plaid! I so want to be here sunbathing right now, but I have to work :/

Expectant Duck  – (May 30, 2010 at 9:08 AM)  

I LOVE the bikini and you look fantastic! Hope you had a great weekend.

Daphne  – (May 30, 2010 at 9:25 AM)  

You look great in that suit! If I had your thighs I would be a lot happier in a bikini. I've really wanted to try the high waist bikini trend (seems appropriate as i always wear high waist pants), but I'm not sure it will be flattering on me since my stomach is one of my better parts. Hm. May have to try one on. Your photo settings always look dreamy and make me want to live the city.

Molly  – (May 30, 2010 at 9:28 AM)  

what an absolutely beautiful lake! I've never seen water that color on a lake. only thing MORE beautiful is that suit aka you. love. lovely lovely lovely.

Jenna  – (May 30, 2010 at 9:29 AM)  

I love that swimsuit! I've been lusting after it on ModCloth for a while.

Angel  – (May 30, 2010 at 9:33 AM)  

Such a beautiful bikini! I think even I could get used to one like that!

The Wandering Writer  – (May 30, 2010 at 10:35 AM)  

Just gorgeous, Maria! It's making me ache for summer days spent at the lake drinking lemonade and swinging on tree swings.

Wonderful post!

Nat xo

Amanda  – (May 30, 2010 at 10:44 AM)  

That suit looks great on you Maria! I love the plaid print and the high waist is adorable!

Looks like a fun time by the lake :]

orange sugar home  – (May 30, 2010 at 10:57 AM)  

you are a real life pinup girl!! gorgeous. great photos and adorable suit.

Jen  – (May 30, 2010 at 12:18 PM)  

I have almost those exact sunglasses.

I really like that bikini. I'm not a bikini person, but that one I think I'd wear.

Mamushka Marie  – (May 30, 2010 at 12:34 PM)  

what an adorable bathing suit! the water looks so inviting!
xo,
claire
mamushka marie

Bad Taste Toast  – (May 30, 2010 at 2:01 PM)  

wow, thia bikini is terrific! I love your lake look :)

Sara Lynn  – (May 30, 2010 at 2:26 PM)  

Maria I love this bikini! I need to get one for Summer, would you get mad at me if I got one? I think it would cover my big bum nicely. :P

Vicki  – (May 30, 2010 at 4:06 PM)  

I love this location!! I wanna go for a swim so bad now :) love the retro bikini esp the high waist briefs :)

Anna G  – (May 30, 2010 at 4:10 PM)  

Gosh, I just love how great you look. I'm terribly shy to take photos in a swimsuit. I have a plaid vintage style bikini. I haven't worn it yet. I'm so excited because now it's perfect swimming weather.

Laia  – (May 30, 2010 at 4:30 PM)  

I got a similar dotted one from H&M, I already had a similar one from UO which I got last year and I can't wait to wear them already

Gabbi  – (May 30, 2010 at 7:38 PM)  

Great suit and photos Maria! I love the vintage summer look.

JellyBelly  – (May 30, 2010 at 9:03 PM)  

What a great bikini!!!! You totally rocked it!

DearBeatrice  – (May 30, 2010 at 9:12 PM)  

You look absolutely stunning! I really want that bathing suit but in the floral print ^.^

Meggstatus  – (May 30, 2010 at 9:49 PM)  

Maria, that bathing suit is absolutely amazing. I'm actually off to mod cloth right now to check it out. Thanks for the inspiration!

amanda  – (May 30, 2010 at 11:44 PM)  

i love that swim suit! you look absolutely gorgeous in it. it's the perfect one for you. i bought a highwaisted suit recently and am so excited to pull it out!

fashionforwriters.com  – (May 30, 2010 at 11:52 PM)  

You look gorgeous! I'm desperately looking for a high waist bikini but I also know that the last thing I need is to spend money on a bathing suit when I already have so many! You look so glamorous and beautiful in yours, Maria.

xo Jenny

Solanah  – (May 31, 2010 at 12:50 AM)  

You look stunning in this suit, there's just something about plaid swimsuits thats so appealing.

xoxo
Solanah
vixenvintage.blogspot.com

avalonne summers  – (May 31, 2010 at 4:32 AM)  

You're like a '50s movie star. One day, when I'm directing my own features, I would love to cast you as one of my leads, no joke. You have that retro look that I love! The bikini is amazing. I can't wear bikinis, but I do love '50s swimsuits!

kate maggie  – (May 31, 2010 at 4:35 AM)  

Alright - im sold. I need it! you look AMAZING in this suit! Im so in love. x

Mel  – (May 31, 2010 at 7:29 AM)  

tu es adorable avec ce maillot ! so cute !

Cuccinelle  – (May 31, 2010 at 1:43 PM)  

You look really stunning. I love vintage swimsuits, they were very feminine, delicate and flattering. And It looks really nice on you! <3

Kelly  – (June 3, 2010 at 7:30 PM)  

Beautiful! I absolutely love that suit and you look so great in it! Just adorable.

-Kelly
Sequins & Shadows

Tieka, Selective Potential  – (June 6, 2010 at 7:15 PM)  

You look so amazing! We are taking a trip up to Torch Lake this July and I cannot wait! The water looks amazing! xo

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!

Your wonderful comments are genuinely appreciated!

XOXO,

Maria

Copyright Disclaimer

All drawings and personal photographs are owned by Maria Confer and may not be copied or reproduced without consent. All photos are shot with a Nikon D60 by my husband Cole or myself. When borrowing images please provide a link.

Creative Commons License
Lulu Letty by Maria Confer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Read about my Privacy Policy.

Header info

Custom header illustration by me.

Subscribe

pinafore ll feed

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP