Lulu Letty: Pugtown, U.S.A.

Pugtown, U.S.A.

Pugtown, U.S.A.
Wellie was in desperate need of some time away from the other dogs, so he joined Cole and I for a trip to the little town of Birmingham. The weather has been so completely gorgeous lately, with cloudless skies and temperatures in the 50's, that yesterday was a perfect day to spend strolling through town.
Pugtown, U.S.A.
Pugtown, U.S.A.
Pugtown, U.S.A.
Pugtown, U.S.A.
Pugtown, U.S.A.
Pugtown, U.S.A.
Pugtown, U.S.A.
Pugtown, U.S.A.
Pugtown, U.S.A.
Photo Credits: Cole. Thanks, darling!

Vintage black wool blazer: from mom's closet
White camp shirt: thrifted
Vintage high waist pleat khakis: thrifted
Vintage Coach bag: thrifted
Vintage black braided belt: from mom's closet
Black boots: Seychelles
Black sunglasses: Oliver Peoples, Zooey

Pug: Wellington
small bow no shadow
Did you have a fun weekend?

Cole and I met up with a few of my old grade school and high school friends, it was so fun catching up and reminiscing.

Maria Sig

avalonne  – (March 7, 2010 at 11:16 PM)  

Wellie is so adorable. You guys are so perfect, the perfect portrait! I love pugs!!! Love the outfit too! :)

LoveCharlesVintage  – (March 7, 2010 at 11:36 PM)  

aw, birmingham is right by me! Such a lovely little town.
Love your pug!

kate maggie  – (March 7, 2010 at 11:58 PM)  

Gosh, so cute! I love pugs. Your trousers are amazing. I love this! :)

Anna G  – (March 8, 2010 at 12:19 AM)  

Your dog poses so perfectly for the camera. Pugs are so adorable. I love your trousers.

Mo  – (March 8, 2010 at 12:26 AM)  

Thank you Maria you're so sweet.

And you look great in those pants !

Dream Sequins  – (March 8, 2010 at 12:29 AM)  

If I ever had a dog, I would want one as adorable as that pug!!!

BTW, you rock the rolled up khakis and give a spin to menswear inspired classics. LOVE IT. :)

roxanne  – (March 8, 2010 at 12:30 AM)  

everything about this look is perfect. and just when you think it couldn't get any better, that pup.. oh my.

Eli  – (March 8, 2010 at 12:32 AM)  

ah hes such a cutie!! I love pugs can they can "smile"

pennycones  – (March 8, 2010 at 12:33 AM)  

These photographs are fantastic. I love the trousers and your sunglasses are fantastic.

This Birmingham looks a lot nicer than the Birmingham we have here in the UK!

I am having a little competiotion over on my blog right now if you fancy popping over for a peep :)

x

Dustjacket Attic  – (March 8, 2010 at 1:08 AM)  

Well you sure know how to melt my heart....Wellington is too adorable, those expressions...priceless.

You both look so french in the walking shots...tell Welli that, I'm sure it'll amuse him!

I loved your outfit, just perfect for a day out with friends. Sounds like a gorgeous day and what a sweet town.
xoxo DJ

Mamushka Marie  – (March 8, 2010 at 1:41 AM)  

goodness gracious you look fantastic! love the trousers. you and your canine make such a cute pair.
xo,
claire

Mamushka Marie

bestie  – (March 8, 2010 at 1:48 AM)  

Ahh Wellie is just precious! Your outfit is gorgeous Maria, you look like you belong in another decade. How I love these photos. (:

Mel  – (March 8, 2010 at 2:32 AM)  

Haha Wellie is adorable! I love your outfit, those boots are amazing and that purse is fantastic! You always look so chic in pants, I wish I did! I love where you took your pictures, the streets look lovely!

Tonia  – (March 8, 2010 at 2:43 AM)  

I'm agreeing with Pennycones: that Birmingham looks a lot cleaner than the big city version not more than 1hour from me!

Ulrika  – (March 8, 2010 at 3:30 AM)  

Aww, he's adorable!Great outfit, really like the belt!xxx

http://ulrikahblog.blogspot.com/

Meaghan Kelly  – (March 8, 2010 at 4:03 AM)  

you and your poochie are a dream team walking down that pretty street in the sunshine! xo

eunice  – (March 8, 2010 at 4:13 AM)  

you two look perfectly adorable! and that is one cute dog walking outfit! :)

heyfancypants.blogspot.com

Sophiemei  – (March 8, 2010 at 4:24 AM)  

i love some of ur trip photo, love u boots and cute dog!!

Miss Lottie Lou  – (March 8, 2010 at 4:31 AM)  

Oh my goodness I love pugs, I really want one but my cat would not be happy! Can't believe how good he is at posing!
Beautiful photos and cute outfit :)
Lottie x

Bubu  – (March 8, 2010 at 6:11 AM)  

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hello Friend, I love love love your blog, it‘s very interesting!!! I really like your style!! i‘ll visit you many times for sure honey.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Bubu  – (March 8, 2010 at 6:11 AM)  

I‘d like to invite you to visit my fashion blog:

http://www.mydarlingbubu.com/

Thank you :). KISSES FROM SPAIN

•••HAVE A NICE WEEKEND•••

_nina_malvada_  – (March 8, 2010 at 9:09 AM)  

fell in love with those pants...

the dog is such a poser :)

DalenaVintage  – (March 8, 2010 at 9:16 AM)  

Wellie is among the cutest of the cute in Pug world! Weekend trips, day or entire, are the best. Glad to hear little Wellie got a little alone time with the parents!

Starr- A Thought Is The Blossom  – (March 8, 2010 at 9:16 AM)  

these are so cute Maria! i'm dying over your thrifted pants right now too, just love the way you rolled them up. the boots really bring a modern element to this vintage look. LOVE.

funny story. we went to a birthday party for a dog last night. it was a whole neighborhood wide thing, tons of dogs, kids, and adults... free booze b/c the dog owner also owns a liquor store, free food, and even one of those blow up things for kids to jump in. it was crazy!! anyway, there were so many pugs there and they were just the horniest things. ALL of them were trying to hump other dogs, sometimes even two at once!! yikes! i think pugs are sooo precious, just never realized they were so horny. lol Wellie is adorable though.

elli  – (March 8, 2010 at 9:48 AM)  

I like you so much in trousers, Maria!
The whole outfit is really amazing.
And Wellington is just so super cool!

And you are so right with the wallpaper in the restaurant I went! Sooo lovely. Such bight colours!

Have a good day!
love, Elli<3

Manja  – (March 8, 2010 at 10:04 AM)  

I have never been to Birmingham but it seems to be pretty there. Have you ever been to Plymouth? They have a really cute downtown and I had amazing waffles there, once(that sounds random, haha.)
I really love your pants, so pretty!

Justice Pirate  – (March 8, 2010 at 10:38 AM)  

seems like he really enjoyed his stroll with you two. ;)

Lexie  – (March 8, 2010 at 10:48 AM)  

those sunglasses are so beautiful! i love the gold detailing. and your pants! oh my gosh straight out of a sart shot!

Sam  – (March 8, 2010 at 11:07 AM)  

I love these photo's!^^ You and Wellie look so cool together, haha!

Sarah  – (March 8, 2010 at 11:18 AM)  

oh I really love your dog, he's soo cute!!

and I adore your boots!! I need them as well...

Camilla  – (March 8, 2010 at 12:01 PM)  

I simply adore this Maria!
Love the oufit- and you dog is adorable x
Camilla

INTOTHEFOLDFASHION.BLOGSPOT.COM

Lisette  – (March 8, 2010 at 12:02 PM)  

You look gorgeous as always:). And Wellie is so cute...
x Lizz

Torie Jayne  – (March 8, 2010 at 12:07 PM)  

Fabulous as always! Have a sweet day!

Graham I. Haynes  – (March 8, 2010 at 1:46 PM)  

Those must be called "Zooey" because of Miss Deschanel. I think I saw her in one of those ads. In any case, they're smashing on you. And the boyfriend look is DEF working.

avalonne  – (March 8, 2010 at 1:54 PM)  

Hey Maria, you're on the homepage of chictopia! :) Yay!

J'aime  – (March 8, 2010 at 1:59 PM)  

I love the simplicity of your outfit. Its brilliants! I wan't the your blouse :)
And your little pug, hes so cute, and adorable.

J'aime
www.tinominosquared.blogspot.com

Senorita Fashionista  – (March 8, 2010 at 2:17 PM)  

I just love these images, isnt it great getting out without a coat?
I love your light lip color, very nice.
xoxo Jolie

Diya  – (March 8, 2010 at 2:28 PM)  

this is such a garance dore-esque outfit!!! Lovely.


ps. if you have a minute please check out my blog:
http://diyainherstilettos.blogspot.com/

Kristin  – (March 8, 2010 at 2:30 PM)  

Who's better lookin'...fur baby or fur baby's mama? I'm not sure. They're both awfully fabulous!

katrina  – (March 8, 2010 at 4:13 PM)  

Wellie is such a handsome little fellow -- i've missed him, i'm glad you posted these pictures. :)

Birmingham looks like a great place to visit. the store fronts look incredibly inviting. glad you had a fun weekend, Maria.

jeune_premier  – (March 8, 2010 at 4:45 PM)  

it looks like you are a suoer star in an ordinary day...so cool...

fashionjunkie  – (March 8, 2010 at 4:50 PM)  

Love these pictures, you look like you had a lovely day! Nice outfit, too.

www.fashionjjunkie.blogspot.com

JellyBelly  – (March 8, 2010 at 4:55 PM)  

Your doggy makes the perfect fashion accessory!!!

Taylor Sterling  – (March 8, 2010 at 5:14 PM)  

you rock trousers with the best of them! I adore your dog too! I mean how cute are the two of you?!

Kookie  – (March 8, 2010 at 5:50 PM)  

awesome pants! love the shoes and bag too! and that pug is just so darn adorable!

do send me some love over at deathbyplatforms.blogspot.com


:)

Corie  – (March 8, 2010 at 6:40 PM)  

Your pug is very cute!

I really like your outfit, especially the boots. I like your style altogether.

And let's see...my weekend was awesome! Such nic weather we're having in Georgia!

Tieka, Selective Potential  – (March 8, 2010 at 7:35 PM)  

Lovee these shots! I've been loving the weather lately!

Leproust Vintage  – (March 8, 2010 at 8:02 PM)  

Wellie is soooo cute! I know this is weird, but I love how the color palette of your outfit matches Wellie's coloring! I know, super weird, but that is the first thing I thought of!

Lemondrop Marie  – (March 8, 2010 at 8:04 PM)  

Just love all of the pictures- you both look so serious in the first one! Fabulous boots-

Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

Giovanna ♥  – (March 8, 2010 at 8:18 PM)  

I love your hair! Your boots are gorgeous, I want a pair! Your dog is so cute, the first photo is simply lovely!
Oh I'd like to ask you about your camera, I'm about to buy a new camera and I'd like to know which one do you use? I'm still deciding between a Canon and a Nikon.
Thanks a lot!
xoxo
Giovanna
www.bohomarket.blogspot.com

Doris Anne  – (March 8, 2010 at 9:17 PM)  

Your pug is adorable!
By the way, I'm so glad you stumbled upon my blog!
I always come and read your entries. I've been a lurker for quite some time!
I love all of your outfits and photos. SO great.

cheers,
Kala Noel.

Rhiannon  – (March 9, 2010 at 12:50 AM)  

Wow, those pants are thrifted? They're really great!!

Valencia Lia  – (March 9, 2010 at 4:50 AM)  

These photos are so well taken. I always loved photos taken out on the streets and Wellie is always so adorable.

Love love your sunnies and and those pants too!

Tink in My Closet  – (March 9, 2010 at 6:02 AM)  

These are stunning photographs!! Cole is as talented as you are gorgeous!

Mousevox Vintage  – (March 9, 2010 at 11:53 AM)  

i love it when dogs wear harnesses. he looks like he's about to jump out of an airplane! xo

stephanie renee  – (March 9, 2010 at 1:48 PM)  

I adore the khakis, I am so excited they are making a come back!

jessica  – (March 9, 2010 at 5:08 PM)  

You look great and that town looks like such a nice place to visit! Wellie seems to be enjoying himself too :) I'm glad you had a nice weekend!

Kallie  – (March 9, 2010 at 9:05 PM)  

im in love with this outfit (and the pup)

valncami  – (March 10, 2010 at 10:34 PM)  

I have know idea why It took so long to discover your blog, but love it and your style. I grew up in the little town of Birmingham:) But i can't say I recognize any thing in the pictures is was a while ago.
I think I have even been to your Salvation Army in Royal oak.
Well, I'll be back you and that doggie are adorable.
XX
Valerie
abutterflybyday.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!

Your wonderful comments are genuinely appreciated!

XOXO,

Maria

Copyright Disclaimer

All drawings and personal photographs are owned by Maria Confer and may not be copied or reproduced without consent. All photos are shot with a Nikon D60 by my husband Cole or myself. When borrowing images please provide a link.

Creative Commons License
Lulu Letty by Maria Confer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Read about my Privacy Policy.

Header info

Custom header illustration by me.

Subscribe

pinafore ll feed

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP