Lulu Letty: Gosford Park

Gosford Park

Gosford Park
Gosford Park
Gosford Park
I'm sure that most of you don't realize, that in my head I live in an English country house back in 1932. Where people wore particular clothes for particular activities and in the evening white tie. That's the life for me.
Gosford Park
Gosford Park
Gosford Park
Gosford Park
Photo Credits: Cole. Thanks, darling!
Olive jacket: F21
Tweed vest: from mil
Chambray shirt: thrifted
High waist khakis: thrifted
Olive canvas riding boots: J.Crew via eBay
Taupe nylon bag: Longchamp via eBay
Brown Fedora: Dolce Moda

small bow no shadow
Happy Birthday Cole!
Cole
You are a man like no other and the best husband a girl could ask for. Thank you for being my rock, supporting my passions and making this blog possible with your amazing photography. This is the tenth birthday we've celebrated together, here's wishing for ninety more!

Love always,
Maria Sig

Poppy Coburn  – (March 24, 2010 at 11:18 PM)  

Happy Birthday to your husband! :)

And I agree about the dressing for certain occasions and then white tie in the evening. People just don't make that effort any more.

I also mourn the decline of a RP (Queen's English) accents. Too many people can't be bothered to speak eloquently these days it seems.

Also - the costumes in Gosford Park? To die for.

x

Rosie  – (March 24, 2010 at 11:27 PM)  

Oh my gosh! Maria, seriously lets go duck hunting together! I love this, it reminds me of what I wore yesterday, but your interpretation is like a gazillion times more awesome!

kate maggie  – (March 24, 2010 at 11:53 PM)  

You seriously just stole my heart...and just when I thought you couldnt get any cooler, then this post pops up. Unreal. Happy birthday to your husband!! So cute. You look amazing!

Dustjacket Attic  – (March 25, 2010 at 1:14 AM)  

Happy Birthday Cole, you do a tremendous job with the photography, it really is amazing.

I love the first, the tones of the background complement the outfit so much. I love your expression, a bit like Huck Finn ... lol. The last photo of you is gorgeous.

Ahh Gosford Park, I know what you mean, what a romantic, stylish era. Love it.
xoxo

Mystery Flight Vintage  – (March 25, 2010 at 1:21 AM)  

Lovely pictures. Happy birthday to your hubby, who takes such great photos for your blog.

Daphne  – (March 25, 2010 at 1:22 AM)  

I live in other time periods in my head as well....If I lived somewhere nature-y and not in new york city, I'd be taking photos in locations like this. Alas, I'm stuck with asphalt.
I am crazy about those boots.
And what a sweet birthday message to your hubby!!
xo

Giovanna ♥  – (March 25, 2010 at 1:49 AM)  

Beautiful photos as always! Happy birthday to your hubby.
xxx
Giovanna
www.bohomarket.blogspot.com

bestie  – (March 25, 2010 at 3:23 AM)  

Maria, you are looking gorgeous as ever. I would've loved to live in that era, too. (:

You hubby looks so darling, it's nice to see the face behind all the breathtaking photos. Happy Birthday to him!

Sahakiel  – (March 25, 2010 at 3:29 AM)  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLEEEEEE!! And thank you for taking always care of our delicious Maria!! *Sings happy b-day to you*

I'm sure that in 1932 you would looked lovely in that clothes, Maria, but I'm really happy that you live now here, because we all can read you nowadays :D!!

<3 XOXO,
Libs!

Tonia  – (March 25, 2010 at 3:48 AM)  

Gosford Park is one of my favourite films and I, also, live in a big country pile in the early 30s in my head. The husband refuses to play butler which is most selfish of him.

Happy birthday to Cole - long may his photographic eye continue to focus!

Manja  – (March 25, 2010 at 3:48 AM)  

I love the way you folded up the sleeves of the chambray shirt. It's a tiny details but serves as a great accessory, methinks. You can really pull all those looks off :)

avalonne  – (March 25, 2010 at 5:26 AM)  

Aww HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR HUSBAND! I hope he had a great birthday! I love this outfit, you definitely look like some adventurer from the 1930s. I would know, I went to boarding school in the English countryside. You remind me of Nicole Kidman in Australia a little bit :) You look fantastic. Can't believe the jacket is from Forever 21! :)

Justice Pirate  – (March 25, 2010 at 5:27 AM)  

Well a very happy birthday to Cole and it looks like you had a wonderful time together in the woods. I love these shots of you, especially the last one.

Chocolate and Cognac  – (March 25, 2010 at 6:35 AM)  

Happy birthday to your husband!

These photos are great, especially the first one. You look like a British explorer stepping out of a jungle. "I have seen.. things"

Rose  – (March 25, 2010 at 6:38 AM)  

You look ready to go exploring in this outfit, I really like it on you.
Hope your hubby had a lovely birthday.

Rose

BaronessVonVintage  – (March 25, 2010 at 9:12 AM)  

You're speakin' my language, doll! I'm a 30s gal ALL the way, too. LOVE your country manor house tweeds. Very appropriate for a vigorous spirited lady to wear for a day of mashing about the country side. xoxo. Happy birthday to Cole! (my birthday was yesterday....YAY Aries!)

Mel  – (March 25, 2010 at 9:16 AM)  

Oh my gosh I love this outfit so much Maria! I think I say that all the time but I'm seriously not kidding! I'm glad I'm not the only one living in an English country home...in my mind. Haha you look like you're trekking through the wilderness, or even on a fox hunt :) Happy birthday to Cole, you two are so sweet!

Lexie  – (March 25, 2010 at 10:30 AM)  

you look stunning, maria! you pull off this look so well!

happy birthday to your hubby!

Alix  – (March 25, 2010 at 10:49 AM)  

Happy Birthday to Cole!! he is surely a lucky man. And as for you and your dreams of an English country side in 1932, I'd be glad to accompany you in a time machine!

LoveCharlesVintage  – (March 25, 2010 at 11:21 AM)  

I just love that vest! You look fantastic.

Dress up scientist  – (March 25, 2010 at 11:26 AM)  

Your outfits are always so amazing, especially love that bag and jacket. :) Happy birthday to your wonderful photographer and husband!

DearBeatrice  – (March 25, 2010 at 12:07 PM)  

I love this!! and we've talked about gosford park before, are you sure you weren't in it?!...hahaha ~.^
Happy birthday to Cole! you are so sweet Maria!

Ashley Louise  – (March 25, 2010 at 1:15 PM)  

1932 England would suit me just fine! I love everything about this! And now I need to actually watch Gosford Park, I've only ever seen the first 10 mins. of it. I hear the costumes are to die for!

Randi Troxell  – (March 25, 2010 at 3:05 PM)  

ah! beautiful shots.. though i think only you could make them that great!

happy birthday cole!

jessica  – (March 25, 2010 at 3:54 PM)  

You look so cute Maria! I'd love to live in an English country house back in 1932! That sounds lovely!

Happy Birthday Cole! I hope you both have the most wonderful day!

Starr Crow  – (March 25, 2010 at 4:16 PM)  

you are the most adorable thing! can i live on the English countryside with you (1932, of course)?? i love this outfit, so adorable and so totally you. happy birthday cole! (love his duffle coat).

jeune_premier  – (March 25, 2010 at 5:17 PM)  

Happy birthday to your husband!

Amazing pics,looks like you just have jumped from a magazine!!

Kristin  – (March 25, 2010 at 6:08 PM)  

Happy happy bday to the hubs and that is menswear on a lady at its finest!

HereWeGoAJen  – (March 25, 2010 at 6:53 PM)  

Happy birthday, Cole! It's a good week for birthdays. All my favorite guys...

sarah louise  – (March 26, 2010 at 12:18 AM)  

I rather love those boots! And happy birthday to your husband, as well, what a sweet message!

Sarah Louise
http://www.tzipporit.blogspot.com

Kathleen  – (March 26, 2010 at 2:50 AM)  

Maria, especially loved the Gosford Park photos. And a very Happy Birthday to Cole, a great photographer, and I'm sure a great husband to you!

Vanessa  – (March 26, 2010 at 7:11 AM)  

"I'm sure that most of you don't realize, that in my head I live in an English country house back in 1932." I dont' think anyone has summed up my dream so completely. Happy Birthday to Cole!!! I hope your party goes well.

I am in love with those boots. So simple - you wear them so well!

xxx Vanessa

Crystal Ball  – (March 27, 2010 at 9:16 PM)  

That last photograph of you is to die for! And what an incredible outfit. I love how you always look like you have transported to some other time.

And happy belated birthday to your hubby!

Simply Mel  – (March 28, 2010 at 3:55 PM)  

Life is so much better when shared with one we truly adore!

Found your blog via Torie Jayne! I have a beloved little pug, Ashton, she is 13 years old and makes my heart swoon!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!

Your wonderful comments are genuinely appreciated!

XOXO,

Maria

Copyright Disclaimer

All drawings and personal photographs are owned by Maria Confer and may not be copied or reproduced without consent. All photos are shot with a Nikon D60 by my husband Cole or myself. When borrowing images please provide a link.

Creative Commons License
Lulu Letty by Maria Confer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Read about my Privacy Policy.

Header info

Custom header illustration by me.

Subscribe

pinafore ll feed

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP