Lulu Letty: A Feather in Your Cap

A Feather in Your Cap

A Feather in Your Cap
A Feather in Your Cap
A Feather in Your Cap
How cool is this ramshackle old barn? The weather beaten boards and red peeling paint appeal to my inner rustic. I know it's completely impractical, but I would love to live in a barn. My bedroom would be in the hayloft.
A Feather in Your Cap
A Feather in Your Cap
A Feather in Your Cap
Photo Credits: Cole. Thanks, darling!
Black hat: Target
Black cardigan: J.Crew
Stripe tank: F21
Velvet tap shorts: thrifted
Brown belt: F21
Gold locket: J.Crew
Vintage Coach bag: eBay
Vintage riding boots: eBay

small bow no shadow
Did you enjoy the first day of spring?

It was a bit of a crazy weekend. I cleaned and moved furniture like a madwoman. Cole's 30th birthday is this Thursday and I'm having a family party on Saturday! So lots of prepping being done.

Getting caught up on my blog reading today.

XOXO
Maria Sig

bestie  – (March 21, 2010 at 11:22 PM)  

How adorable are you?! Love the striped tank, it creates a wonderful contrast against the blacks and browns. (:

kate maggie  – (March 21, 2010 at 11:40 PM)  

Wow!You look so amazing here. I love stripes on you and the way you do your eye makeup :) You are just amazing!

The Owl's Closet  – (March 22, 2010 at 12:02 AM)  

love this look, maria! the striped top is adorable and the old barn is such an awesome spot for a photo shoot:) have fun with the party planning! i'm sure it will be a blast!:D

TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com

avalonne  – (March 22, 2010 at 12:04 AM)  

Another great outfit of course. Your outfit really complements the background :) I need a striped top with maroon stripes, must go to Forever sometime :)

Daphne  – (March 22, 2010 at 12:10 AM)  

SOO great. You look really really gorgeous in these. I am a huge hat person, and that little feather really does it for me. Plus the tiny bag? Golden.

Leproust Vintage  – (March 22, 2010 at 1:03 AM)  

These photos are SO gorgeous! Is your wedding ring a bow?! If so, that is so fabulous!

Sophiemei  – (March 22, 2010 at 1:11 AM)  

beautiful outfit, love the hat's detail and red stripes top!! lovely!

Mo  – (March 22, 2010 at 1:12 AM)  

what a cute tiny bag !!! love it !!! have fun preparing the party !!!! im sure it's gonna be great !!

B a la Moda  – (March 22, 2010 at 1:22 AM)  

I enjoyed the day even thought it was raining. Love your hat and the little bag.


xoxo
B* a la Moda

Mystery Flight Vintage  – (March 22, 2010 at 1:25 AM)  

yes, lovely old delapitated barn! love your boots.

:)

Miss Lottie Lou  – (March 22, 2010 at 2:42 AM)  

You're photos always look amazing :)
And I was also cleaning and moving furniture! So satisfying once it's done!
Lottie x

kat  – (March 22, 2010 at 3:34 AM)  

Oh you had such a lovely weather!
(:
Loving your vintage bag!

<3

MJ  – (March 22, 2010 at 3:48 AM)  

I don't know if it's the case in the USA but in Britain loads of people live in converted barns - I have a friend that does! It's a bit cleaner than this one though :)

You look lovely, as always.

Tonia  – (March 22, 2010 at 3:53 AM)  

Oh.My.God. Great hat! There should be more hat wearing in the world.

Rose  – (March 22, 2010 at 4:49 AM)  

Oh that barn! Sometimes old is just so much better than new.

Rose

ElyZa  – (March 22, 2010 at 4:52 AM)  

You look alway dressed up perfectly with your settings! I love your style :)

Chocolate and Cognac  – (March 22, 2010 at 5:17 AM)  

Your outfit and the setting are great! Love the striped top, and the gold necklace against it is perfect :)

My aunt and uncle actually bought a broken down, rustic barn and over 10 years turned it into a lovely vacation house. I definitely want to do the same

chocolateandcognac.blogspot.com

Tink in My Closet  – (March 22, 2010 at 7:49 AM)  

the boots and the barn are a great coupling:)

jamilah  – (March 22, 2010 at 9:40 AM)  

and here we have yet another new favorite! I absolutely love these images... i love the barn... the lighting... your outfit... just terrific! and look at you, approaching 800 followers!! woohoo! xo
~jamilah~ =)

Crystal  – (March 22, 2010 at 10:09 AM)  

Oh man! Just when I thought I had enough velvet items in my wardrobe I see these short beauties.

spiritditchvintage.blogspot.com

Starr Crow  – (March 22, 2010 at 10:31 AM)  

yeah.. it rained and snowed here in Arkansas! all i wanted to do was play outside for spring break, but the weather has a different idea.

i want your purse SOO. SOO. BAD. wow, terribly cute. And i guess if i took your purse I'd have to steal the matching boots too. I already have the target bowler, so if i snatched the other accessories, I'd look just like ya!

teasing. :)

Jen –   – (March 22, 2010 at 11:15 AM)  

Oh, yeah, I'm back! Whoo!

You look so cute in that hat. People should always wear hats.

LoveCharlesVintage  – (March 22, 2010 at 11:22 AM)  

This outfit and these photos are so gorgeous!

anne  – (March 22, 2010 at 11:47 AM)  

great shots! love the outfit, hat and cool red barn! you look amazing as always :D

heather  – (March 22, 2010 at 11:49 AM)  

I really love your use of brown, black, and red. It's a great sophisticated casual. I just found your blog and am now following! I think you're lovely <3

becauseicantgonaked

Francy  – (March 22, 2010 at 11:54 AM)  

I'm kind of obsessed with old barns. They're so beautiful and creepy! You look lovely here!

pixiedrivien.blogspot.com

Mara  – (March 22, 2010 at 12:35 PM)  

I am so excited that it's spring! You look adorable in that red and white striped shirt and those riding boots!

Camilla  – (March 22, 2010 at 12:45 PM)  

You really suit the girly parisian look Maria x
Camilla

INTOTHEFOLDFASHIONS.BLOGSPOT.COM

Rosie  – (March 22, 2010 at 1:02 PM)  

Seriously, you keep outdoing yourself Maria! This is so pretty!

DearBeatrice  – (March 22, 2010 at 1:15 PM)  

You look so cute! I love the unexpectedness of the velvet in the shorts! ooh and i so want a little bag like that!! they're hard to find.

Sheena  – (March 22, 2010 at 1:49 PM)  

I love the way that you've styled your outfit! Especially the black and brown (a favorite combo) with the striped top. Very cute! Love the location, too!

Delightfully Tacky  – (March 22, 2010 at 1:54 PM)  

This outfit is amazing. It especially looks perfect at that location. Gorgeous photos!

And I love that song, funeral. I just did a cover of it last night so it was in my head all day.

Little Garcon  – (March 22, 2010 at 4:10 PM)  

I love your boots so much! There is a pair very similar to those at my local vintage shop. I eye them everytime I go into the store and then I pick them up all excited and realize they are a size 7. I'm a size 9.

So yes I have some serious boot envy!

Bella  – (March 22, 2010 at 4:19 PM)  

those velvet shorts are so adorable! :) xxx

Lemondrop Marie  – (March 22, 2010 at 4:32 PM)  

Those boots are worn to perfection and they look smashing with black near that gorgeous old barn.

Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
Spring into Spring giveaway

Kristin  – (March 22, 2010 at 4:49 PM)  

You look super fit lady. Love the stripes!

thumbelina  – (March 22, 2010 at 7:40 PM)  

I love the way you combined the red, black, and brown. I've also wanted to live in a barn after reading so many historical fiction novels when I was younger!

Dotted With Hearts  – (March 22, 2010 at 7:42 PM)  

You look really nice here :)
I can even imagine myself in your clothes!

Taylor Sterling  – (March 22, 2010 at 7:51 PM)  

beautiful outfit! I love the rustic look! You can pull off anything!

Tieka, Selective Potential  – (March 22, 2010 at 7:57 PM)  

Oh these photos are just amazing - and you look stunning!

Lloyd & The Tubsters  – (March 22, 2010 at 10:04 PM)  

These shots are fantastic. And I'm always so jealous of your many vintage purses. Do you find most of them on ebay?
-Lloyd

http://unsystematicstyle.blogspot.com/

Giovanna ♥  – (March 22, 2010 at 10:25 PM)  

Adorable pictures!! I always love your style :)
xoxo
Giovanna
www.bohomarket.blogspot.com

Rhiannon  – (March 22, 2010 at 10:30 PM)  

Aww, so cute! And that must be the best Coach bag ever.

Pappelschnee  – (March 23, 2010 at 10:10 AM)  

The outfit is so great! I esp. love the shoes :) Please tell Cole, his pictures are always so perfect!

Manja  – (March 23, 2010 at 12:36 PM)  

I am really lovin your velvet shorts! :)

Erica Leigh  – (March 24, 2010 at 12:41 AM)  

i think this is my favorite outfit yet!!! i like that i can tell how your outfits always incorporate a bunch of inspirations from different styles/decades but they all come together so cohesively.

<3

jeune_premier  – (March 24, 2010 at 6:09 PM)  

i have a thong about how can black and brown be mixed and look good....but you did it with a great result!nice pics and i love the way you look at the camera at the first pic!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!

Your wonderful comments are genuinely appreciated!

XOXO,

Maria

Copyright Disclaimer

All drawings and personal photographs are owned by Maria Confer and may not be copied or reproduced without consent. All photos are shot with a Nikon D60 by my husband Cole or myself. When borrowing images please provide a link.

Creative Commons License
Lulu Letty by Maria Confer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Read about my Privacy Policy.

Header info

Custom header illustration by me.

Subscribe

pinafore ll feed

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP