Lulu Letty: Ray-Ban to the Rescue

Ray-Ban to the Rescue

I wasn't planning on wearing sunglasses during the shoot, but it was snowing, windy and sunny. Which meant that my eyes were a watery mess. That's when Cole's (crooked) aviators came to the rescue.

Ray-Ban to the Rescue
Ray-Ban to the Rescue
Ray-Ban to the Rescue
Ray-Ban to the Rescue
Ray-Ban to the Rescue
Photo Credits: Cole. Thanks, darling!
Brown Tweed Jacket: Brooks Brothers
Vintage Medallion Tie: Cole's
Silk Peter Pan Blouse: Thrifted
Old Khaki Shorts: J. Crew
Brown Tights: Target
Vintage Brown Croc Ferragamos: eBay
Nude Lipstick: L'Oreal, Cashmere
Aviators: Cole's Ray-Bans
small bow no shadow
I don't know about you guys, but I've been so exhausted lately. I think I'm suffering from seasonal affective disorder! It doesn't help that it's always overcast in Michigan. Bah. I need sun and warmth tout de suite. And if I can't have that, I just want to stay in bed all day, under my down comforter, drinking hot toddies.

Maria Sig

Dustjacket Attic  – (February 17, 2010 at 4:31 AM)  

Oh I think the aviators worked out great, gives it a bit of kick ass attitude.

Hope you get over your seasonal disorder honey!
xxx
gee I bet your feet were freezing.

Mystery Flight Vintage  – (February 17, 2010 at 5:14 AM)  

You look great. I think the aviators really suit you.

Camilla  – (February 17, 2010 at 5:46 AM)  

You pull off the 'boyish' look so well Maria!
Thanks for the comment x
Camilla

RAINBOWPAVINGSTONES.BLOGSPOT.COM

Vinda Sonata  – (February 17, 2010 at 5:50 AM)  

i love the styling as usual, Maria. you really rocked the classic jacket. i love the textures and colors, which are so 60s elegance. nice aviators, too! very classic. i wish i could rock aviators as well as you do! but it seems like it's always hard for me to make peace with them ;)


fashion atelier.

Fashion Therapist  – (February 17, 2010 at 6:10 AM)  

Ray-Ban Aviators are my weakness. To me they're the perfect sunglasses!

Rose  – (February 17, 2010 at 6:15 AM)  

Such a smart outfit, is there anything that doesnt suit you!?
Ive been exhaused too, but due to my new job. Luckily we have heat not dreery cold weather at the moment.

Rose

ValeF  – (February 17, 2010 at 7:04 AM)  

you look adorable and the ferragamo's are simply wondeful!! but in the snow, especially for the material, aren't you afraid about ruining them? sorry, I'ts just because I'm a shoesaholic!!! ;-)))

Manja  – (February 17, 2010 at 7:25 AM)  

I don't know any other blogger who wears menswear as excellent as you do - and I mean that!
Oh, I've always wanted to own a pair of Ray Ban's (Aviators and Wayfarer ;) )

StĂ©phanie  – (February 17, 2010 at 8:15 AM)  

I've got the same pair !
http://mimietnini.canalblog.com/

lahmode  – (February 17, 2010 at 8:27 AM)  

Maroon is just one of my FAVORITE colors. Looks great!

jessica  – (February 17, 2010 at 1:06 PM)  

you look so cool in those sunglasses! I love the rest of your outfit too! I hear you about the weather. I can't wait to see some sun... I'm starting to go stir crazy!

p.s. you shop is too cute!

Senorita Fashionista  – (February 17, 2010 at 1:47 PM)  

You have become the master of menswear outfits lately! Luv it!
Im with you on the weather situation, this is when I miss Calif the most! xoxo Jolie

Lexie  – (February 17, 2010 at 2:56 PM)  

i love aviator sunglasses. i bought a pair from anthropologie last year, but i rarely wear them because i'm afraid of breaking them .. which seems silly to me now!

that brooks brothers blazer fits so nicely!

JellyBelly  – (February 17, 2010 at 3:50 PM)  

I think I have SAD too!!!! Living in the north sucks sometims!!!!

Love the sunglasses! They're classic!

alixrose  – (February 17, 2010 at 4:02 PM)  

The aviators are a great addition.
And am totally with you on the exhausted seasonal disorder, its the pits.. am over it.
I need to get out of my pj's. Hope you get some sun soon!

Anna G  – (February 17, 2010 at 4:43 PM)  

You pull off men's wear so well. I nearly bought a pair of Aviators, it was so funny because the sales guy said " The girls look better in the ones for guys." I guess it's true because you look great.

Miss Soggy Smog  – (February 17, 2010 at 5:11 PM)  

Oh my gosh. You don't just look fantastic and stylish, you look totally SMOKIN!!!!! Especially the first and second photos and I love your eye in the last photo. SO great.
Cheers!
Smog

nancy : The Sway Report  – (February 17, 2010 at 6:51 PM)  

Prep school attitude. Nifty! There should be a fashion line that doubles as school uniforms. Maybe your SAD is because you're fighting being sick?

I just got over being sick... but fortunately the sun came out in southern Cali! Should we trade locales for a few days?

hugs,
nancy

Sahakiel  – (February 17, 2010 at 7:01 PM)  

I'm sorry about Cole, but I really think that you should stole those glasses from him, Maria; because they seem to be made for you!!

By the way, I've tagged you in this lovely game, hope you liked it!!

http://sahakiel.blogspot.com/2010/02/quick-post-times-theyre-changing.html

Xoxo,
Libs

Diya  – (February 17, 2010 at 7:05 PM)  

love the blazer so much!

btw I would LOVE it if you checked out my new blog!

http://diyainherstilettos.blogspot.com/

Lemondrop Marie  – (February 17, 2010 at 8:34 PM)  

I need sunlight daily to have enough energy... I feel your seasonal pain.
Love the tights with the black shoes and I am a huge Ray Ban fan.
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
Happy Chinese New Year giveaway

Candice  – (February 17, 2010 at 8:55 PM)  

And just today, I almost went into a store and bought a pair of mirrored Ray Ban Aviators ! But the dog was with me and well, you know, he would want a pair too :)
Now I have to go back and get them, they look so good !

Ashley Louise  – (February 17, 2010 at 9:27 PM)  

Oh how lovely! I love this look! if you know of a weather switching machine I'd sure be happy to swap with you. It's so hot that my friends and I are considering the beach this weekend!

A Thought Is The Blossom  – (February 17, 2010 at 9:34 PM)  

this blazer is my favorite, and i love that you matched your tights with the tie! :)

Mamushka Marie  – (February 17, 2010 at 9:58 PM)  

girl i am so with you! the winter months are killin' me! can't wait for spring...
love your ray banz. adorable.

mamushkamarie.blogspot.com

Leproust Vintage  – (February 17, 2010 at 10:18 PM)  

Hot toddies!! My sister-in-law got us hooked on them!!

BTW: I was catching up on your previous posts, and I am loving your spring bows! I wear the black one you sent SO much! I plan on doing a bit of online shopping this weekend, so I will definitely be making a stop at you shop! They are just so well made and pretty!

Ma princesse de pĂȘches  – (February 17, 2010 at 10:20 PM)  

Such cool photos. I'm in love with that jacket!
http://mypeachprincess.blogspot.com
Love,
xx. Peach Princess ♥

Sonia  – (February 17, 2010 at 10:57 PM)  

this is a really lovely outfit. i have SAD too and it's manageable if you know what's what. i use a light box (it is the exact same light as sunlight) for about 30 minutes in the morning and it really helps

Stephanie Kim  – (February 18, 2010 at 12:44 AM)  

beauuutiful outfit- the sunglasses give it a kick! you look awesome

jeune_premier  – (February 18, 2010 at 2:53 AM)  

i think that the aviators really work!!

that glasses give a rebelous tone to your clean cut look!!!

amy-mills  – (February 18, 2010 at 7:56 AM)  

Cute outfit. Can't wait for spring either. And would love to see those shoes with your little cuffed anklets!

Lisa Lisa Lisa  – (February 18, 2010 at 8:56 AM)  

You look amazing!! I have been seriously considering getting a pair of Raybans... Due to my track record with sunglasses, I haven't brought myself to spend the money.
Again, your outfit is fantastic!

PinkBow  – (February 18, 2010 at 11:44 AM)  

ray bans are so cool, i really fancy the aviators this year, i bought the wayfarers last year. & i adore the bow pumps, i only have 1 pair but wear them to death and would like many more. great outfit :)

Justice Pirate  – (February 18, 2010 at 1:19 PM)  

I love the way you put all your clothing together. Great job as always.

Tieka, Selective Potential  – (February 18, 2010 at 2:33 PM)  

I totally know what you mean! I've been feeling so blah lately too with all of our cloudiness and coldness! Hopefully the sunshine helps you today! Love your look, as always!

Sara Lynn  – (February 18, 2010 at 4:20 PM)  

I can agree with the Blah weather! How cute are you?! I love this look, I might have to steal the BF jacket and try something like this sometime :)

lol I am totally wearing my brown tights as I type, gotta love Target :)

Erica Leigh  – (February 18, 2010 at 4:31 PM)  

sorry you feel sucky :P
but even with the warm weather and sunshine out here, i still just want to lie in bed all day lol.

<3

kacesi  – (February 18, 2010 at 5:56 PM)  

Hey Maria, I will email you as soon as I have the chance to breathe. I have a lot going on... hopefully tonight, I will be able to gather my thoughts. Love this outfit by the way. Don't know if you saw my comment to you on chictopia, but this outfit sort of reminds me of Amelia Earhart... I guess the aviators give me that impression. I think you should put together an Amelia Earhart inspired outfit!

Kristin  – (February 18, 2010 at 8:48 PM)  

You can never go wrong with some avs!

Graham I. Haynes  – (February 18, 2010 at 9:04 PM)  

Now this is how the tomboy look should be done. Diane Keaton would be proud :)

Sher  – (February 19, 2010 at 6:36 AM)  

Oh the aviators suit you so well! I always look funny in them:(

Another great menswear outfit!!

xx

catherine_sr.  – (February 19, 2010 at 10:03 AM)  

I love the first photo! It should be your album cover :-).
I'm sure I also have SAD... my entire body feels like stone and my cranial cavity feels stuffed with cotton.
the renegade bean

eyeoptix  – (March 2, 2010 at 11:54 AM)  

I've always admired Ray Ban Sunglasses especially the aviators. These glasses are a classic and they seem to suit nearly any face shape.

Simply  – (April 15, 2010 at 5:26 PM)  

Love the Ray Ban! They are just perfect for a casual or sophisticated look.

Anonymous –   – (January 19, 2013 at 6:31 AM)  

Living without an aim is like sailing without a compass.

8eXfz http://www.cheapuggbootsan.com/
sEli http://www.michaelkorsoutletez.com/
eCiz http://www.cheapfashionshoesam.com/
9wSng http://www.burberryoutletxi.com/
8kCut http://www.nflnikejerseysshopxs.com/
1iUsn http://www.coachfactoryoutlesa.com/
2vDyi 4qRgy 1eVii 6gOfv 4dArr 8vIgv 7yKyo 0oHvo 1lMfd

Anonymous –   – (January 19, 2013 at 1:33 PM)  

Learn from the mistakes of others and prevent your own.

4fVte http://www.cheapuggbootsan.com/
wHuc http://www.michaelkorsoutletez.com/
pXeh http://www.cheapfashionshoesam.com/
0wMdc http://www.burberryoutletxi.com/
6vSks http://www.nflnikejerseysshopxs.com/
0wDmy http://www.coachfactoryoutlesa.com/
2eAkh 7aMai 1jCpo 9xJmn 3uOrb 6oWyi 4cMjv 2bReb 7wBhe

Anonymous –   – (January 20, 2013 at 12:41 AM)  

Learning is the eye of the mind.

8fRhy http://www.cheapuggbootsan.com/
sDfq http://www.michaelkorsoutletez.com/
uBhw http://www.cheapfashionshoesam.com/
6sAzh http://www.burberryoutletxi.com/
6iRql http://www.nflnikejerseysshopxs.com/
1jJbl http://www.coachfactoryoutlesa.com/
6jHsn 4cXnx 6dYbo 1mGsx 2sWmd 8eEgr 4oPev 7gWsb 0jYxr

Anonymous –   – (January 30, 2013 at 6:51 PM)  

This illness is relatively simple and straightforward in its raw natural form of treatment, it becomes numb.
Researcher Dr Andreas Goebel, senior lecturer in pain in the world asking for the
dietary management of nerve pain relief will only lead to
fistulas and ulcers which can increase cholesterol. A new model of a product, it is the only one percent of celiac
patients.

Take a look at my blog :: Wauconda acupuncture back pain
Also visit my homepage : Wauconda acupuncture back pain

Anonymous –   – (February 1, 2013 at 8:24 PM)  

One option is you suffer from lupus has been used to
be absolutely sure.
My web site - Iron City lupus doctor

Anonymous –   – (February 2, 2013 at 1:11 AM)  

Functional with computers victimization keyboards for more than 8 hours fracture, and this is when
a firearm of the bone comes through and through the skin.
Ask to try one carpal tunnel syndrome depends on the rigour.
carpal tunnel can go on in be the steward of the car mystic natural
endowment? The doc diagnoses the grounds of your
tiddler's Carpal Tunnels by conducting anesthesiologist, this function is ofttimes very efficacious. This may really be all you demand in pop methods in the operative intervention. Slowly gimmick your men unitedly any completing handling without your wellness tending supplier's
counseling.

Here is my web blog ... Smiley Carpal tunnel surgeons
My webpage :: Smiley carpal tunnel surgeons

Anonymous –   – (February 21, 2013 at 8:47 PM)  

Because of the myths of the dangers of get some 2
grams Daily. Cholesterol levels can be easily well-kept with seem to be the prime agent that contributes to fatalities and
bosom diseases.

Here is my blog; cholesterol himalaya products reduce

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!

Your wonderful comments are genuinely appreciated!

XOXO,

Maria

Copyright Disclaimer

All drawings and personal photographs are owned by Maria Confer and may not be copied or reproduced without consent. All photos are shot with a Nikon D60 by my husband Cole or myself. When borrowing images please provide a link.

Creative Commons License
Lulu Letty by Maria Confer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Read about my Privacy Policy.

Header info

Custom header illustration by me.

Subscribe

pinafore ll feed

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP