Lulu Letty: Pips Ahoy

Pips Ahoy

This is more of a modern, casual look than you're used to seeing me wear. I was sporting it yesterday and thought 'why not take some photos.'

Pips Ahoy
Pips Ahoy
Pips Ahoy
Pips Ahoy
Pip kept trying to sneak into the photos so I picked him up and made him work his cuteness for the camera.
Pips Ahoy
Pips Ahoy

Old Black Suit Jacket: J. Crew
Red Stripe Tank: F21
Old Black Leggings: Jockey
Black Suede Boots: Urban Outfitters
Anchor Tote: in shop
Vintage Key Necklace: diy
Chihuahua: Pipin

small bow no shadow
Did everyone have a nice weekend? As usual, mine went by way too fast and I'm still not caught up on my blog reading. Bah. Why is it that ever since the holidays, I've felt so frazzled? Anyone else have this little problem? It's so weird.

Maybe I'm just so over winter.

Maria Sig

ValeF  – (February 22, 2010 at 4:13 AM)  

There's nothing I don't like, everything is amazing and I love your taste in clothes also when you make experiments with contemporary outfits! The mariniere t - shirt with the addition of the key detail is adorable ..and I'm in love with the anchor tote bag too

Rose  – (February 22, 2010 at 4:25 AM)  

Loving your casual look Maria! And that key necklace completes the look.
I didnt have a great weekend because I worked both days, so today and tomorrow are my weekend instead :)

Rose

Patty  – (February 22, 2010 at 4:41 AM)  

I absolutely adore this! Possibly my favorite outfit of yours. :)

Jack Daniel  – (February 22, 2010 at 4:45 AM)  

Did you do something to your hair...? You look more different than a few months before. The older the more beautiful.

Sam  – (February 22, 2010 at 4:53 AM)  

Even in a modern look you look awesome! Though I'm not such a fan of leggings as pants. At least it looks like that. But that doesn't matter, because I think you can pull it off! It doesn't look like other girls who wear leggings as pants here in the Netherlands. They look really tacky and you absolutely don't ^^

Lizz (Lisette)  – (February 22, 2010 at 5:03 AM)  

I'm with Sam! Your hair looks gorgeous too!

Sarah Elizabeth  – (February 22, 2010 at 5:40 AM)  

adorable outfit! I love the boots. I've also been feeling a bit frazzled lately. I just can't seem to get things done! Must be our mind's way of telling us that we need a good long vacation! :)

Laia  – (February 22, 2010 at 6:12 AM)  

I've got exactly the same problem Maria! since we came back from Berlin. You have to see the pics of the 50s night we had this weekend! ;)

such a trendy outfit, you'd look like a celeb if you were wearing glasses in the last one with Pipin! haha

Books And Other Arts  – (February 22, 2010 at 6:22 AM)  

It's a casual look, but all the pieces work, and it doesn't look too "put together" or contrived. Nicely done! And yes, I think, as I look at all the snow out there--ugh!--we've all had enough and spring can make an appearance any time now.

Kathy

Sher  – (February 22, 2010 at 6:25 AM)  

I'm loving the nautical theme of your outfit, Maria! everything complements so well, even Pip:)

xx

The Daily Fashionista  – (February 22, 2010 at 6:38 AM)  

Cute title for your blog! I love your dog Pip! He is certainly a cutie pie. And your look was very pretty. I love the way you even incorporated the anchor tote.

-emily

Liset  – (February 22, 2010 at 7:11 AM)  

I love the sailor look! And your dog is so cute

Marmelindela  – (February 22, 2010 at 7:28 AM)  

You look lovely, as usual.

I feel the same. You know, sunshine is a magical thing, you will feel a whole lot better when it´s sunny outside again.

Brittany  – (February 22, 2010 at 7:48 AM)  

Your hair & makeup looks really great in these photos.. very refreshing! And I love your nautical casual outfit.. you sport it well!

Justice Pirate  – (February 22, 2010 at 8:33 AM)  

You make me want to build a pirate ship. ;)

catherine_sr.  – (February 22, 2010 at 8:35 AM)  

I love how this outfit is still distinctly your style, even though it's different from what you usually wear. I think it's the nautical stripes, boots and flowing top paired with the structured cardigan. You look great!
the renegade bean

jeune_premier  – (February 22, 2010 at 8:44 AM)  

maybe it's casual but you look so chic!love the blazer!!!

Anna G  – (February 22, 2010 at 8:45 AM)  

I adore your little dog. I feel like I'm going crazy, if the snow doesn't stop! They keep on saying we're getting more but none so far.

crowdedcloset  – (February 22, 2010 at 9:15 AM)  

lovin the stripes paired with the anchor. Great contrast of black with the stripes. Love.

xo, Kim www.crowded-closet.com

St├ęphanie  – (February 22, 2010 at 9:20 AM)  

Maria you're adorable and I'm in love with your necklace and your bag !!! I want the same !
http://mimietnini.canalblog.com/

Dream Sequins  – (February 22, 2010 at 9:21 AM)  

I do enjoy your makeup and hair here! Very jealous of your fringe :)

Sahakiel  – (February 22, 2010 at 9:40 AM)  

This happens to me every weekend, hahaha! I'm always in a lazy mood during the weekend, I don't know why!!

I agree with Laia, you've got to check our blogs, you're gonna love it!!

And I must say that you always look gorgeous, in any style you choose, Maria!

Sarah  – (February 22, 2010 at 10:25 AM)  

this is a really beautiful outfit, I like the way you combined it!

and the doggy is sooo cute!!

Alix  – (February 22, 2010 at 10:31 AM)  

I feel 100% frazzled 100% percent of the time. Youre not alone. I really like this post. It's fun to a little differnt of an outfit on you. Did you get a haircut or are you just styling it differently? It looks really good

anne  – (February 22, 2010 at 10:32 AM)  

love this look maria! nice and laid back :D
my daughter just walked over and is in love with pip! she told me to write, "pip is really cute! i like his name."

Leia  – (February 22, 2010 at 10:39 AM)  

Love this look on you! And your hair! And Pip is the cutest thing everrrr, please give him an extra tummy-tickle tonight from me :) :)

DearBeatrice...  – (February 22, 2010 at 10:54 AM)  

It is casual, but chic! I love the nautical look. and I have that top but in navy stripes! ^.^ My weekend went too fast too, maybe my lack of sleep has finally caught up with me.

Kris  – (February 22, 2010 at 11:44 AM)  

Love the key necklace, and of course, the puppy!!

jessica  – (February 22, 2010 at 12:12 PM)  

You look great! I love this outfit! I know how you feel about feeling frazzled. I've been feeling the same way. I think I just really need to find a job... and spring! I hope things pick up for you soon!

Kristin  – (February 22, 2010 at 12:24 PM)  

I LOVE it and think it suits you perfectly!

Mo  – (February 22, 2010 at 1:16 PM)  

Maria you look great in every style, this outfit is lovely and i love your make up !

I AM BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK lol i don't think i've ever been that "behind" on my blog reading !!!

Mel  – (February 22, 2010 at 1:48 PM)  

I love your outfit with its nautical touches, and that key necklace is lovely! Haha Pip is adorable :)

M.  – (February 22, 2010 at 2:11 PM)  

oh my I love your boots so much

lovelove, M.
http://marissaexplains.blogspot.com

Zoe_Flood  – (February 22, 2010 at 2:19 PM)  

I loooove your top and your blazer, its so cute, you remind me so much of anna karina here!

Mousevox Vintage  – (February 22, 2010 at 2:21 PM)  

I love this look and your bag is perfect! xo

A Thought Is The Blossom  – (February 22, 2010 at 2:27 PM)  

i'm with ya on winter. sooo over it. we just got two really great spring-like days, and it was really wonderful! i love the nautical look you have here, definitely worthy of some pictures! your hair looks cute too.

A Thought Is The Blossom  – (February 22, 2010 at 2:27 PM)  

i'm with ya on winter. sooo over it. we just got two really great spring-like days, and it was really wonderful! i love the nautical look you have here, definitely worthy of some pictures! your hair looks cute too.

Dustjacket Attic  – (February 22, 2010 at 2:28 PM)  

Very cool and chic casual look there. I love the last photo, you gorgeous thing.

Oh how cute is little pip.
xxx

RepublicOfChic  – (February 22, 2010 at 3:03 PM)  

Taking DIY inspiration from your tote :)

RepublicOfChic  – (February 22, 2010 at 3:04 PM)  

PS. Much admiration all the way from India :)

Adeline  – (February 22, 2010 at 3:26 PM)  

sorry, but I just have to know the answer to this question: is your dog named after the pip of great expectations, the greatest antihero of all time? I'm a literature junkie so that is what immediately came to mind, I know this is random...-Adeline

justanoldfashionedgal.blogspot.com

Erin  – (February 22, 2010 at 3:58 PM)  

Just happened upon your blog and I think it's gorgeous...I've been reading through your posts and I love them all! I will definitly be back to read more...

Love love love,

Erin

xx

Emily  – (February 22, 2010 at 3:58 PM)  

Ok, I have to say... that key necklace is amazing. And your puppy is perfection.

nancy : The Sway Report  – (February 22, 2010 at 5:01 PM)  

Hi Maria,

your blowout looks great. In your last couple pictures, I've thought, "wow! her hair looks fabulous!" I like that you took pictures on that casual day, because I don't think people can ALWAYS have on vintage or ALWAYS be dressed up... it makes one a little vain, maybe? plus, too much of one thing can be costumey. Good job mixing it up!

xo
nancy

katrina  – (February 22, 2010 at 5:13 PM)  

(if this is a duplicate, please remove one of the comments... as i was commenting, the page refreshed and my comment was gone.)

love the nautical looks you've been sporting! :D

pip is so cuuuuute!

Lemondrop Marie  – (February 22, 2010 at 7:11 PM)  

Love the eye makeup and of course, the perfect accessory- PIP.
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

Sara Lynn  – (February 22, 2010 at 7:13 PM)  

aww! Pip is so cute! :)

I like this look a lot, the key necklace rocks! I am really liking your hair, it looks great!

Erica Leigh  – (February 22, 2010 at 8:15 PM)  

i always hate falling behind on my blog-reading! it's like every time you try to catch up, you still fall behind. ack. but don't worry, i'm sure you'll catch up soon.

i love your hair straight! it looks really modern. the outfit is wonderful; something i would totally wear myself.

have a great monday!

<3

Crystal Ball  – (February 22, 2010 at 9:17 PM)  

My weekend went by so quickly as well.
I love your outfit. And your haircut is so gorgeous on you.

Lisa Lisa Lisa  – (February 22, 2010 at 11:29 PM)  

Love love the outfit! And your hair is adorable! I've been on the hunt for old keys for some diy projects.
You are chic as always!

koralee  – (February 22, 2010 at 11:35 PM)  

So sweet..I love your stripes and that lovely key. You look adorable as always. Sending you lots of love. xxox

Graham I. Haynes  – (February 23, 2010 at 10:53 AM)  

Been frazzle dazzled, for sure.

Your hair does look awesome. No wonder so many people were commenting on it! I'm into this type of look on you. Very hot... oops sorry Cole ;)

stephanie renee  – (February 23, 2010 at 10:59 PM)  

i love this look, it is fun to switch things up once in a while!

Valencia Lia  – (February 23, 2010 at 11:10 PM)  

Surely a different look here but I LOVE it lots still:)

I do love your haircut too heeee the nautical tote and your top matches so well!Pip is looking so handsome as well.

Ohhhh,whenever its the holidays. I just want to go out and spend time with my love or catch up with friends. But yes yes,so much blog reading to do everyday.
I guess we can only do what we can at our best each day.

Little Monarch  – (February 24, 2010 at 5:41 PM)  

your hair looks gorgeous! i like your tote as well. did you draw the anchor on it yourself? its brilliant.

Tieka, Selective Potential  – (February 24, 2010 at 10:57 PM)  

Love it all! Your nautical touches are perfect.. I love that last photo so much!

les m├ętamorphoses d'Alice  – (February 25, 2010 at 1:49 PM)  

je peux kidnapper ton chien?
tu es trop jolie!*bisou

Alice

shoeless simone  – (February 25, 2010 at 6:35 PM)  

I love the whole nautical look you've got going on! Your boots give it a more dressed up feel though, which I really like.
And your dog is absolutely adorable!

-Shoeless Simone

Araluna  – (February 27, 2010 at 9:28 AM)  

You have a great taste in clothes ! Everything is beautiful. And my baby brother is called Pip just like your dog ! :o)
Lovely blog. You have a new follower!

www.simplycontrary.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!

Your wonderful comments are genuinely appreciated!

XOXO,

Maria

Copyright Disclaimer

All drawings and personal photographs are owned by Maria Confer and may not be copied or reproduced without consent. All photos are shot with a Nikon D60 by my husband Cole or myself. When borrowing images please provide a link.

Creative Commons License
Lulu Letty by Maria Confer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Read about my Privacy Policy.

Header info

Custom header illustration by me.

Subscribe

pinafore ll feed

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP