Lulu Letty: DIY: Hand Knit Bow and Neck Warmer

DIY: Hand Knit Bow and Neck Warmer

I finally finished my little knitting project- a simple neck warmer and a gigantic bow in my favorite color!

DIY: Hand Knit Bow and Neck Warmer
small bow no shadow
So, I forgot to tell you about my Friday night. I went out with Cole to a few mba events at UofM, one being a mock awards ceremony. Cole was nominated for several very random categories, but he won the most fitting...Arrested for Business Crimes. That's my husband, the future felon. ;) Plus, he received an actual trophy with a creepy baby on it.
DSC_0129
After the awards, we danced and drank a bit too much. I don't go out very often, but when I do I make the most of it. Which means I danced like a fool in front of Cole's classmates. Oh, well.
small bow no shadow
And yesterday, the lovely Tye, of Lagelle Handmade, let me know that I was featured on Etsy's front page. I have never had the honor before and it was quite wonderful. Plus, I was grouped with some great nautical items. Thank you Etsy!
Etsy Front Page 2.20.10
Photo Credit: Here
XOXO
Maria Sig

Anniina  – (February 21, 2010 at 4:17 AM)  

What a lovely bow and a neck warmer! You are very talented! :-)

ValeF  – (February 21, 2010 at 4:19 AM)  

you knitting work is excellent (and I love red)!! I'm so evious of people who's able to do it!!
I should try to learn!!

Mystery Flight Vintage  – (February 21, 2010 at 4:23 AM)  

i love your knit bow and neck warmer. good stuff!

Ulrika  – (February 21, 2010 at 4:33 AM)  

They´re absolutely wonderful, you´re so talented!xxx

Tonia  – (February 21, 2010 at 4:58 AM)  

They look great, and very warming! If you can't dance like a muppet in front of husband's friends, when can you?!

Leia  – (February 21, 2010 at 5:02 AM)  

GORGEOUS neck warmer and bow, I hope there are going to be neck warmers on your Etsy shop, because if so I am definitely going to buy one!

It sounds like you had fun on Friday night, and err... 'congrats' to Cole for winning this award :P

And also congratulations to you for being featured on the Etsy homepage! What an honor :D

xx Leia - thehifashionsite.com

Rose  – (February 21, 2010 at 5:07 AM)  

Coles work event sounds like fun.
Love your matching bow and neck warmer, I cant wait to get out my knitting in winter- for some reason I only knit in winter...
Yay for being featured on Etsy :)

Rose

Amelia Sylvia-Eve  – (February 21, 2010 at 5:52 AM)  

it's such a lovely colour! and it's so adorable as well.

Camilla  – (February 21, 2010 at 6:49 AM)  

Love the bow- so cute! xx
Camilla

RAINBOWPAVINGSTONES.BLOGSPOT.COM

jessica  – (February 21, 2010 at 10:22 AM)  

That's such a great bow!! Great job on the knitting! It sounds like you had a really fun friday night. What a weird, but super cool and funny award that Cole got! That's great!

I can't believe you were on etsy's homepage! I mean i can believe it, because your stuff is wonderful, but that's so awesome! Congrats!

Dodo  – (February 21, 2010 at 11:06 AM)  

It looks cute! I tried to crochet a bow once but it came out too fat :P

Style Bird  – (February 21, 2010 at 11:28 AM)  

I love the bow and neck warmer!! xo ava

Sara Lynn  – (February 21, 2010 at 12:09 PM)  

How cool maria! That scarf and bow are very sweet, perfect for a day like today :)

Sarah  – (February 21, 2010 at 12:30 PM)  

I love hairbows and this one is just amazing!!

les métamorphoses d'Alice  – (February 21, 2010 at 1:02 PM)  

oh ce noeud surdimensionné en crochet est merveilleux!

A Thought Is The Blossom  – (February 21, 2010 at 1:16 PM)  

oh how cool Maria... and in the nautical section! even better. i'm in love with your big knit bow and scarf. you wear them so well!

Sahakiel  – (February 21, 2010 at 1:31 PM)  

Congratulations to Cole, Maria!! Oh, my, ok, the award is a little bit creepy, but it's so cool that he's reconigzed like that! Congrats again!!

And about the ribbon and the scarf, I can only say that this is lovely!!

You must have a look to my last entry, dear, I'm sure you're gonna love this!!

Xoxo,
Libs

beautifulnemo  – (February 21, 2010 at 1:44 PM)  

I love all your stuff Maria!
Congrats to your boy, I'm happy you had fun. :) :*

Mel  – (February 21, 2010 at 2:08 PM)  

What an adorable bow and matching scarf! Haha at least the bow will keep part of your head warm :) Congrats to Cole! Haha sounds like you had fun dancing and drinking! Oh and congrats on being on the front page of etsy :)

JellyBelly  – (February 21, 2010 at 2:31 PM)  

Loving the neck warmer and bow! Have you thought of knitting hats with big bows of them? Just planting a seed....

Glad that you had fun with Cole's school buddies. I'm sure that they were all having just as much fun as you were so they didn't notice you!

;)

Justice Pirate  – (February 21, 2010 at 3:07 PM)  

that is certainly a strange trophy! haha. Congratulations to him!

Manja  – (February 21, 2010 at 3:42 PM)  

Man, I wish I could knit!

That baby is indeed creepy but at least it looks...proud - like it accomplished something? Haha

Fashion Therapist  – (February 21, 2010 at 5:42 PM)  

I LOVE your recent project. The bow is perfect and the color is superb!

Jennifer Fabulous  – (February 21, 2010 at 8:49 PM)  

Hahaha that trophy is SO creepy. Congrats to your hubby though for um, being a future felon...LOL!

That red bow you made is so lovely. I wish I had your craft skills...sigh.

AndiPants  – (February 21, 2010 at 11:54 PM)  

I love garter stitch bows! Your neck warmer is cute too.

Mo  – (February 22, 2010 at 12:38 AM)  

o Maria..could you look cutter?

Erica Leigh  – (February 22, 2010 at 1:39 AM)  

i just LOVE the giant red bow & matching neck warmer! so cool. i really should practice knitting (but i'm terribly slow).

congrats on being featured on the front page! it's a huge accomplishment.

<3

Valencia Lia  – (February 23, 2010 at 11:06 PM)  

Maria!!

You look so gorgeous as always and the big red bow in your hair is stunning:)

Ohhhh you should add that item to your store too,I think it would be so awesome!

And congrats to Cole on his award ahaha and to you too! For your feature on the front etsy page wooooohooo.

Cheers to more great things to come for you this year<3

Anonymous –   – (June 10, 2013 at 3:49 AM)  

Not ideal to the men and women who has a hyper acidity.
my abdomen is aching as much as my upper breast.
It tends to make me weak.

Feel free to surf to my site - weight loss wraps los angeles

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!

Your wonderful comments are genuinely appreciated!

XOXO,

Maria

Copyright Disclaimer

All drawings and personal photographs are owned by Maria Confer and may not be copied or reproduced without consent. All photos are shot with a Nikon D60 by my husband Cole or myself. When borrowing images please provide a link.

Creative Commons License
Lulu Letty by Maria Confer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Read about my Privacy Policy.

Header info

Custom header illustration by me.

Subscribe

pinafore ll feed

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP