Lulu Letty: Apricot by Ben Briand

Apricot by Ben Briand

After watching this video on Tralalere!, I was completely mesmerized. I recommend sitting back, drinking a nice cup of tea and enjoying the beauty that unfolds in this short film.

Video Credits: the amazing Ben Briand
small bow no shadow
I ordered these awesome suede oxfords! I love their sandy color and the fact that they look like the bucks I used to wear in grade school. Fingers crossed that they look as good in person.
mia norfolk sand
Photo Credit: Lulus.com
small bow no shadow
Thank you so much for all the sweet comments on yesterday's post!! Many of you commented on my hair and how different it looked. A few weeks ago, I had it trimmed by the lovely Carmen at Serendipity salon in Ann Arbor. The difference isn't as noticeable when it's curly, but you can definitely see the layers when it's straight.

Maria Sig

Rose  – (February 23, 2010 at 5:55 AM)  

I love those shoes, pretty similar to some I own but mine are a dark brown and probably the most comfortable I own.

Rose

Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl  – (February 23, 2010 at 6:25 AM)  

Thanks for sharing this short, Maria! I really like how it's shot, the story is unique too.

Hope the oxfords look just like you expect :)

Sahakiel  – (February 23, 2010 at 7:14 AM)  

You've got to shouw us how you curl your hair, Maria; because I've got layers too and it's so difficult for me curl my hair :(!

I'm gonna see the shor ovie right now with a cup of tea, as you said :)!

Books And Other Arts  – (February 23, 2010 at 9:11 AM)  

Haven't viewed the short film yet, but will do so later.

Just wanted to let you know that I actually owned a pair of those shoes about 1,000 years ago, but I enjoyed them and they were the perfect accessory for so many outfits I wore. I think they were Bass and that I bought them at Van Boven in the Nichols Arcade in Ann Arbor. (Love that shoe shop also, I've walked past there but haven't made purchases in some time, but they were always a source of reliable and classic footwear, although, save for their twice-a-year clearance sales, not cheap.)

sueper  – (February 23, 2010 at 9:29 AM)  

great shoes - can't wait to see how you wear them
x

Rosie  – (February 23, 2010 at 10:26 AM)  

Can't wait to see photos of you in those shoes!

Graham I. Haynes  – (February 23, 2010 at 10:50 AM)  

So... was that the boy from her childhood? I guess the plot points weren't as important as the atmosphere and mood of the piece, which were amazing. Sort of a 'Memento' take on a love affair.

Love the shoes, that's a no-brainer!

And as for your hair, I missed yesterday's post so I'll have to go back and check that out.

Bella  – (February 23, 2010 at 12:08 PM)  

If only I had some snappy little oxfords! Yours are gorgeous :) xxx

Kristin  – (February 23, 2010 at 1:14 PM)  

SO cute. I've been going back and forth on whether to buy a silver pair I've been in love with...

Marisa  – (February 23, 2010 at 4:10 PM)  

those shoes are beautiful - enjoy wearing them!

marisa

www.lerainyday.blogspot.com

jessica  – (February 23, 2010 at 4:27 PM)  

What a great short film! I really love the story and it's beautifully shot too! Those shoes are awesome and I'm sure they'll look wonderful on you!

Camilla  – (February 23, 2010 at 4:39 PM)  

Your hair looks gorgeous, I loved last posts outfits- and those shoes are too cute xx
Camilla

RAINBOWPAVINGSTONES.BLOGSPOT.COM

DearBeatrice...  – (February 23, 2010 at 6:12 PM)  

I wish I could get off work now to watch this! hahaa ^.^ and those shoes are a great buy! so cute.

Leproust Vintage  – (February 23, 2010 at 9:49 PM)  

Those oxfors are too cute! I can't wait to see you style them up!

I LOVE the outfit below! It is always fun to see another side of a blogger's style!! I feel like I definitely have a few different sides to how I dress!

stephanie renee  – (February 23, 2010 at 10:59 PM)  

those shoes are adorable, i got a pair of bass ones like that from the thrift store that i wear all the time!

emma wallace  – (February 23, 2010 at 11:15 PM)  

Such an enchanting film. Just beautiful!

Love the shoes - can't wait to see you style them!

iamemmamusic.blogspot.com

Lexie  – (February 23, 2010 at 11:16 PM)  

those shoes look like the shoes my baby brother used to wear to church! ;) i love them!

Lisa Lisa Lisa  – (February 24, 2010 at 12:17 AM)  

I love oxfords! I have a pair that are not comfortable.... but I deal with it because it is necessary =)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!

Your wonderful comments are genuinely appreciated!

XOXO,

Maria

Copyright Disclaimer

All drawings and personal photographs are owned by Maria Confer and may not be copied or reproduced without consent. All photos are shot with a Nikon D60 by my husband Cole or myself. When borrowing images please provide a link.

Creative Commons License
Lulu Letty by Maria Confer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Read about my Privacy Policy.

Header info

Custom header illustration by me.

Subscribe

pinafore ll feed

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP