Lulu Letty: And the Beat Goes On: Aimee Mann

And the Beat Goes On: Aimee Mann

I was a huge fan of Aimee when I was a little girl and she was still in the new wave band 'Til Tuesday. I rediscovered my love of her amazing talent during my college days, with the movie Magnolia.


And the Beat Goes On: Aimee Mann
And the Beat Goes On: Aimee Mann

And the Beat Goes On: Aimee Mann
And the Beat Goes On: Aimee Mann
Photo Credits: Here
small bow no shadow
What are your weekend plans? I plan on getting caught up on some projects and relaxing, relaxing, relaxing! ;)

Happy Friday!!

Maria Sig

earthvs  – (February 19, 2010 at 10:10 AM)  

Nice post! I totally adore Aimee Mann - Magnolia was the first film I even felt that I really loved & connected with, starting somewhat of a media binge. The soundtrack is perfect & had a lot to do with me falling in love with the film & indeed (as you do), the boy who introduced me to it. Not the boy I'm with now but it all taught me a lot about life & who I am & everytime I hear those songs, it takes me right back.

Ms. J  – (February 19, 2010 at 10:16 AM)  

Love her, too!

Here is a link to my fave song of hers (not greatest quality, and sorry I didn't know it was on "Mel.rose Pl.ace" soundtrack, LOL) but lyrics are FAB!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loVcF4x95Bg

Kelly James  – (February 19, 2010 at 10:25 AM)  

Her take on "ONE" is still a top 10 track on my all time play list. Sooo good!

JellyBelly  – (February 19, 2010 at 4:18 PM)  

Magnolia is such an amazing movie! Her soundtrack totally made it!

Books And Other Arts  – (February 19, 2010 at 6:38 PM)  

OMG, I remember when she was a platinum blonde! (Of course due to what I refer to as "The Unfortunate Hydrogen Peroxide Accident In Italy", I was also a platinum blonde.) She was the most talented component of "Til Tuesday", so I'm gratified she's enjoying success now on her own.

The weekend? Staying warm and trying to get some sunshine if it's available. Oh, yeah, and that job-hunting thing, too!

Little Monarch  – (February 20, 2010 at 12:52 AM)  

nice one! magnolia is an amazing film. i hope to relax and do some sewing this weekend.I've got a big craft market to attend in a couple of weeks :-)

Manja  – (February 20, 2010 at 12:59 AM)  

Yes - I love that song!

This weekend will be fab. I just got up(it's not 8am here yet) and today marks the first day of my week off! I was so freakishly busy last week, I had no time whatsoever for my blog but this coming week will probably just as busy - only with fun things, hehe.

Dolly Daydream aka Jasmine  – (February 21, 2010 at 5:13 AM)  

I really love the gigantic bows it reminds me of something out of the Marc by Marc Jacobs collection or of the Spring/Summer collection by Betsey Johnson but knitted, it is super cute!

From Dolly
XX
http://dollydaydreamsdomicile.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!

Your wonderful comments are genuinely appreciated!

XOXO,

Maria

Copyright Disclaimer

All drawings and personal photographs are owned by Maria Confer and may not be copied or reproduced without consent. All photos are shot with a Nikon D60 by my husband Cole or myself. When borrowing images please provide a link.

Creative Commons License
Lulu Letty by Maria Confer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Read about my Privacy Policy.

Header info

Custom header illustration by me.

Subscribe

pinafore ll feed

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP