Lulu Letty: Little School House

Little School House

For some reason I was in a foul mood during this shoot. I'm not sure if it was the freezing cold weather, the fact that I was starving or simply just pissed about my bad hair day (in all seriousness, this winter is killing my hair). I'm pretty sure it was all of the above! And poor Cole took the brunt of my ugly mood and wanted to strangle me. My apologies darling.

Little School House
Little School House
Little School House
But enough about me, how wonderful is this little old school house? I love finding historical sites in Michigan, since they're so few and far between. Especially considering that you could trip over one on every block where I used to live in MA. Plus, I've always loved the idea of a rural, one-room school house. It's so Little House on the Prairie or Anne of Green Gables.
Little School House
Little School House
Little School House
Little School House
Photo Credits: Cole. Thanks, darling!

Boys Navy Duffle Coat: Brooks Brothers
Boys Blue Stripe Oxford: Brooks Brothers
Charcoal Shorts: F21
Cole's Repp Tie: J.Crew
Cole's Crossed Oars Belt: Leather Man Ltd.
Black Boots: Seychelles
Old Knee Socks
Olive Longchamp Bag: eBay

small bow no shadow
Thank you so much for all the really sweet comments about yesterday's tutorial. I'm glad that so many of you enjoyed it. Please, let me know if there's anything else you would like me to do a tutorial on.

Maria Sig

Rose  – (January 27, 2010 at 4:41 AM)  

I love your jacket. And those shoes always look great when you wear them. I could tell you werent your usual smiley self in those photos, but you still look gorgeous!
Guess what, i went to brighton school...sorry to say it wasnt district No. 5 hehe. It made a lovely background for these photos.

Rose

le blog de leen  – (January 27, 2010 at 5:00 AM)  

this is such a cute place, reminds me of anne gable's stories...

leen

Dustjacket Attic  – (January 27, 2010 at 5:06 AM)  

I think this is gorgeous and hysterical. You are in character as a disgruntled schoolgirl...tell Cole that anyway!

I really love the setting and I thought your hair looked good actually.

xxx

jeune_premier  – (January 27, 2010 at 5:17 AM)  

i love your duffle coat!!it saved me from freezing in Paris last week!

great pics...Cole has done a great job!!

Manja  – (January 27, 2010 at 6:41 AM)  

Awww Brighton. I miss Michigan (not so much the snow). I usually really don't like it when girls wear ties but for some reason you look so great wearing them and I actually really like your look!
Have you ever been to Milford? It's a really nice town and they have a pretty cool consignment store there, called 'Our Blessings'. It is not as cheap as the Salvation Army but they mostly sell quality clothing and they have wonderful furniture there, too!

ru.kurarin  – (January 27, 2010 at 7:08 AM)  

ah you look adorable! it's schoolboy inspired that's not over the top.

Elle  – (January 27, 2010 at 7:38 AM)  

Love the boots, tie and jacket! That schoolhouse is just gorgeous!

Lauren Loves...  – (January 27, 2010 at 7:58 AM)  

Gorgeous outfit, Maria.
You look so cute xx

Tonia  – (January 27, 2010 at 8:02 AM)  

Your hair looks great, but, oh weren't your knees cold?
Loved the look: you're rocking that tie and shirt!

Vinda Sonata  – (January 27, 2010 at 8:15 AM)  

this is so schoolgirl-chic. i really like your style :) those boots are awesome!
you look nice as always, maria.

Tom Tuttle from Tacoma  – (January 27, 2010 at 9:07 AM)  

i love the natural lip here. would be nice to see you flash a smile like you did in your old photos :)

Kim Pesch  – (January 27, 2010 at 9:14 AM)  

you really nailed this. Love the male overtones in this look! Still lovin those shoes!

xo, Kim www.crowded-closet.com

Kelley Anne  – (January 27, 2010 at 9:18 AM)  

Cute outfit. I love how you coordinated with the setting. Your hair doesn't look bad!

Liset  – (January 27, 2010 at 9:35 AM)  

Are you barelegged in the snow? That is so cold! However you look amazing :) great boots!

Jen –   – (January 27, 2010 at 10:04 AM)  

I love love love that jacket! Also, your hair looks really good.

jamilah  – (January 27, 2010 at 10:57 AM)  

so adorable... your hair looks perfect... you must have been freezing... at least i was freezing for you... i'm sure you can't wait til spring time... much love maria!
happy wednesday!
xo
~jamilah~
jamilahscreativetouch.com

Randi Troxell  – (January 27, 2010 at 11:01 AM)  

beautiful!!

i really am in love with that bag.. wonder if my dell netbook would fit...

it looks so terribly cold out there.. u were def brave!

Camilla  – (January 27, 2010 at 11:03 AM)  

I was looking at these pictures thinking, wow, Maria looks SO pretty here, and yet, quite different. Then it hit me.
You weren't wearing any lipstick and your hair looked like a perfect 60s bob fringe. wow. you look so pretty!
But you look so pretty with the lipstick aswell!
Thanks for all the comments etc.. xxx
Camilla

RAINBOWPAVINGSTONES.BLOGSPOT.COM

Zel  – (January 27, 2010 at 11:30 AM)  

oh this is so lovely! i love the school boy inspiration and that bag.

Lizz (Lisette)  – (January 27, 2010 at 11:38 AM)  

Nice! But looks really cold! I'd rather wear two pairs of thights and a jeans before I go to school with this weather. Gorgeous house!
x Lizz
bylizz.blogspot.com

Zoe_Flood  – (January 27, 2010 at 12:02 PM)  

I really adore your hair cut, I wishI had it, seriously. and your little light brown model on your cheek, is soooo endearing, I wish I had one! would it be ok if I drew you??

LoveCharlesVintage  – (January 27, 2010 at 12:45 PM)  

I didn't realize you were also in michigan!
Why haven't we gone shopping yet?

These photos look great!

jaselle louise  – (January 27, 2010 at 12:49 PM)  

love the look! & the school house.

(following!)

calivintage  – (January 27, 2010 at 12:54 PM)  

love this look! so perfectly proenza!

graciela.  – (January 27, 2010 at 1:00 PM)  

How very Proenza Schouler. Love it! And you have killer legs. I'd rock shorts in the snow if I had those too.
;-)

Ruxandra  – (January 27, 2010 at 1:02 PM)  

You havesuch a lovely chic outfit:)Oh, you must have been freezing in the snow with no tights...And the little old school is absolutely adorable.

fashionforwriters  – (January 27, 2010 at 1:30 PM)  

Hi darling-
Your hair looks wonderful. I think the thing about bad hair days is that only you can tell (or think that your hair looks bad,) everyone else probably thinks you look wonderful as always! I'm digging your coat so much.

xo Jenny

Senorita Fashionista  – (January 27, 2010 at 2:11 PM)  

This couldnt be a better setting for your awesome outfit! You look right out of a Ralph Lauren ad. xoxo Jolie

jessica  – (January 27, 2010 at 2:25 PM)  

you look so cute... even though you were in a bad mood! i hope you're more cheerful now :) that school house looks so cool... i love finding historical places too!

JellyBelly  – (January 27, 2010 at 2:56 PM)  

I love love love your Longchamps bag!!!! I have a pliage and it holds a place of honour in my closet!

I don't think that you look grumpy in your photo, btw!

Mo  – (January 27, 2010 at 4:04 PM)  

what a cute place !!!! it's adorable !!! and so are you !

Sahakiel  – (January 27, 2010 at 5:00 PM)  

Oh, my, you weren't freezing? Ok, I'm used to the cold... but without tights on the snow.... Maria, you're so brave!!

... and beautiful, of course! Great outfit (I love college outfits) and pictures, yaw for Cole!

Little Girl  – (January 27, 2010 at 5:23 PM)  

This outfit reminds me so much of Proenza Schouler Pre Fall 2010, I love it!

Please visit if you ever have time!
http://phansheshanna.blogspot.com/

Little Monarch  – (January 27, 2010 at 5:41 PM)  

bad hair day?! what?! where? you silly thing...

cait harri  – (January 27, 2010 at 6:51 PM)  

Looking lovely, as ever.

What bad hair day? :)

Mel  – (January 27, 2010 at 10:43 PM)  

Your outfit is lovely! I love the schoolboy look on you! Haha aren't you freezing? The schoolhouse totally reminded me of Little House too!

eunice  – (January 27, 2010 at 11:01 PM)  

your hair looks lovely! and the schoolboy look is just adorable!

heyfancypants.blogspot.com

Aya Smith  – (January 27, 2010 at 11:28 PM)  

Oh, you look so adorable! I love the almost school-uniform look! :))

♥ Aya strawberrykoi.blogspot.com

Patty  – (January 28, 2010 at 2:41 AM)  

I love your outfit! It's so Proenza Schouler Pre-Fall 2010. :)

filth + twee  – (January 28, 2010 at 11:52 AM)  

YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! your outfit is absolutely perfect.

daisymay  – (January 28, 2010 at 10:09 PM)  

very cute outfit, but weren't your legs freezing!!

Valencia Lia  – (January 29, 2010 at 1:13 AM)  

Sometimes,I have such foul moods too for a shoot. heeee I guess its the coll weather! Buy you still look gorgeous as always.

I love love this look with the coat with that tie really caught my attention. Ohhh with the shoes and those socks too,perfection done.

Big hugsss

Dallas Shaw  – (January 29, 2010 at 9:08 AM)  

i'd love to post this- I'll link you :)
shoot me an email
dallas
http://dillydallas.blogspot.com

MJ  – (January 30, 2010 at 8:59 AM)  

How did you make schoolgirl look cool but not *sexy* or over-cute? So in awe!


http://dreamingspiresandoldcartyres.blogspot.com/

kate  – (February 21, 2010 at 7:01 AM)  

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Lucy

http://toddlergirls.net

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!

Your wonderful comments are genuinely appreciated!

XOXO,

Maria

Copyright Disclaimer

All drawings and personal photographs are owned by Maria Confer and may not be copied or reproduced without consent. All photos are shot with a Nikon D60 by my husband Cole or myself. When borrowing images please provide a link.

Creative Commons License
Lulu Letty by Maria Confer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Read about my Privacy Policy.

Header info

Custom header illustration by me.

Subscribe

pinafore ll feed

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP