Lulu Letty: Classic Film Star: Myrna Loy

Classic Film Star: Myrna Loy

I thought it would be fun, for the next few Thursdays, to share with everyone my favorite classic film stars. Every week, I will rotate between men and women. And not only will I share amazing vintage pictures of each star, but I will also do a portrait sketch.

Myrna Loy sketch 01.27.10
I can think of no one better than Myrna Loy to kick start my series. Not only did she win Queen of the Movies in 1936 alongside Clark Gable the king, but she is also hands down my favorite classic star. Her intriguing looks, impeccable comedic timing and wonderful personality all make me completely adore her.
small bow no shadow
Classic Film Star: Myrna Loy
Classic Film Star: Myrna Loy
Classic Film Star: Myrna Loy
Classic Film Star: Myrna Loy
Plus, it doesn't hurt that I just love her onscreen chemistry with William Powell in The Thin Man series.
Classic Film Star: Myrna Loy
Photo Credits: Here
Happy Thursday!
Maria Sig

Manja  – (January 28, 2010 at 5:44 AM)  

She is so beautiful! Mh...I should really watch more old movies.

Lemondrop Marie  – (January 28, 2010 at 5:44 AM)  

Beautiful! I love how you've drawn her hair and her pretty eyes.
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

Vinda Sonata  – (January 28, 2010 at 6:37 AM)  

maria, i really love that illustration! she's so pretty, so divine. i really like her classic face! :)

marinadolls  – (January 28, 2010 at 6:47 AM)  

Great this rubric! I look at few old films but they fascinate me a lot! This beauty of the women, this mind, I like very much! And let me say to you that this portarit is very well succeed, you really draw very well!!

ru.kurarin  – (January 28, 2010 at 7:20 AM)  

I am starting to feel uneducated!

Kelley Anne  – (January 28, 2010 at 7:40 AM)  

I love the one of her leaning over, where she's wearing the bow and the light's shining in her hair. She has a great expression on her face. The Thin Man movies are some of my mom's favorites.

Francy  – (January 28, 2010 at 7:43 AM)  

I love your sketch! Myrna Loy is so fabulous.

pixiedrivein.blogspot.com

BaronessVonVintage  – (January 28, 2010 at 8:20 AM)  

SWOOONNN!. She's become my all-time favourite EVER. That sketch is perfection!!!

Senorita Fashionista  – (January 28, 2010 at 8:41 AM)  

Fantastic sketch, you're very talented Maria! She is the ultimate movie star, I can see why she is one of your faves! xoxo Jolie

Sher  – (January 28, 2010 at 8:45 AM)  

I think this is a great idea, Maria! Can't wait to learn of your favourite stars! Your sketch is so pretty:)

Calla  – (January 28, 2010 at 9:46 AM)  

She is wonderful, and your sketch is soso lovely! I love your drawing style.

Jen –   – (January 28, 2010 at 9:46 AM)  

According to my hairdresser, that is the hairstyle my hair wishes I had.

DearBeatrice...  – (January 28, 2010 at 10:44 AM)  

I already love these series of yours! so fun and neat to see old photos of beautiful stars! btw, are you also hooked on TCM?! that's pretty much all I ever watch these days when I have time ^.^

AndiPants  – (January 28, 2010 at 11:03 AM)  

I love Myrna Loy! The Thin Man Series are some of my favorite murder mysteries.

sarah louise  – (January 28, 2010 at 12:22 PM)  

I adore Myrna Loy! Have you seen Wife Vs Secretary?

Sarah Louise
http://www.tzipporit.blogspot.com

Randi Troxell  – (January 28, 2010 at 12:57 PM)  

ah! she is a beauty... and wonderful sketch too...

Mo  – (January 28, 2010 at 3:33 PM)  

i do not know her but she is beautiful ! and so is your portrait !

Little Monarch  – (January 28, 2010 at 6:31 PM)  

oh she is beautiful! i am embarassed to say i have not seen any of her films. must remedy that xo

Friend in Fashion  – (January 28, 2010 at 6:45 PM)  

ooooh - i love this idea! Gorgeous illustration - look forward to seeing more :)
www.friendinfashion.blogspot.com
xx

A Thought Is The Blossom  – (January 28, 2010 at 10:04 PM)  

what a great idea for a weekly post. your drawings always blow me away. i can't get over how accurate you make people look. you've got such a gift!

emma wallace  – (January 28, 2010 at 10:54 PM)  

Oh! I know I'm just going to love this blog series! I adore Myrna Loy, from the Thin Man to The Bachelor and the Bobby Soxer! She is so elegant and completely hilarious.

P.S. I love, love your sketch! You captured her perfectly.

iamemmamusic.blogspot.com

Leproust Vintage  – (January 28, 2010 at 11:11 PM)  

The hair kills me! I am so in love with those perfectly crafted pin curls and finger waves!

koralee  – (January 28, 2010 at 11:22 PM)  

I adore older movies..the fashion is amazing. Happy weekend Maria!

Mel  – (January 29, 2010 at 1:31 AM)  

Oh my gosh I love your idea, and that sketch of Myrna Loy is amazing! You are super talented! I agree, she and William Powell had such great chemistry; they're probably my favorite onscreen couple :) I can't wait to see who you draw next!

daisymay  – (January 29, 2010 at 6:23 AM)  

i love your sketch, its awesome!

Bree  – (January 29, 2010 at 4:22 PM)  

how lovely! She is beautiful. please enter my blog giveaway.

Charlotte  – (January 29, 2010 at 5:08 PM)  

She's lovely!! I wish my hair looked good short like that... *sigh*
And huzzah for William Powell who makes a cameo appearance in these pictures... I just love that guy. =]

PinkBow  – (January 30, 2010 at 2:29 AM)  

the sketch is absolutely beautiful, she is beautiful!

'Lee  – (January 30, 2010 at 5:49 PM)  

She was very beautiful and you captured that beauty within the picture you drew of her.

Theory of a fashion victim
xoxo

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!

Your wonderful comments are genuinely appreciated!

XOXO,

Maria

Copyright Disclaimer

All drawings and personal photographs are owned by Maria Confer and may not be copied or reproduced without consent. All photos are shot with a Nikon D60 by my husband Cole or myself. When borrowing images please provide a link.

Creative Commons License
Lulu Letty by Maria Confer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Read about my Privacy Policy.

Header info

Custom header illustration by me.

Subscribe

pinafore ll feed

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP