Lulu Letty: Holiday Look #5: Sunny Sunday

Holiday Look #5: Sunny Sunday

Holiday Look #5: Sunny Sunday
small bow no shadow
Holiday Look #5: Sunny Sunday
small bow no shadow
Holiday Look #5: Sunny Sunday
small bow no shadow
Holiday Look #5: Sunny Sunday
small bow no shadow
Holiday Look #5: Sunny Sunday
small bow no shadow
Holiday Look #5: Sunny Sunday
small bow no shadow
Holiday Look #5: Sunny Sunday
Photo Credits: Cole. Thanks, darling!

Vintage Persian Lamb Jacket: gift from aunt
Black Cashmere Boat-neck Sweater: Talbots
Silver Jacquard Skirt: Behnaz Sarafpour for Target
Black OTK Socks: American Apparel
Black Platform Heels: F21
Black Sunglasses: Oliver Peoples, Zooey
Black Patent Clutch: from A Cup Full of Sunshine giveaway
Velvet Bow Pin: DIY
Red Lipstick, Fake Lashes and Nail Polish: Revlon

Knowing how watery and squinty my eyes get in the sun, I decided to grab my Oliver Peoples Zooey glasses for the shoot. Thank goodness I did because I tried a few shots without them and the results were quite tragic. The one good thing to come out of so much sun was how wonderfully warm it was. I was barely cold.

In other news, I'm so terribly sad to hear that Brittnay Murphy died yesterday at the young age of 32. As you all know, Clueless is one of my favorite movies and I always adored her character. Plus, I was just watched her in another of my fave movies, Love and Other Disasters, a few days ago. So sad. RIP Brittany.

P.S. One look left in my holiday series.

Maria Sig

Camilla  – (December 21, 2009 at 4:49 AM)  

Amazing. I love the skirt!
Camilla

Rainbowpavingstones.blogspot.com

muchlove  – (December 21, 2009 at 4:52 AM)  

Wonderful outfit, Maria! Very cool and classy.

PS. I can't believe Brittany Murphy has died. She was so young :(

Liset  – (December 21, 2009 at 5:01 AM)  

Great look, amazing! But I hope you weren't cold! It is also snowing in Amsterdam but I have to wear three layers and still it is freezing!

I was also shocked to hear that Brittany Murphy has died. She was only 32... terrible

Little Monarch  – (December 21, 2009 at 5:52 AM)  

i was so shocked about Brittany Murphy too. such a trajedy.

you remind me of tom cruise in risky business in a few of these shots. thats a compliments by the way. it means i think you look very suave :-)

le blog de leen  – (December 21, 2009 at 6:03 AM)  

oh you look so very pretty :)
love the coat and skirt!

leen

Vinda Sonata  – (December 21, 2009 at 6:22 AM)  

very cute and classy. i love the textured jacket and the knee + ankle boots combo. you rock red lipstick too! :)

fayeee  – (December 21, 2009 at 6:33 AM)  

Gorgeous shots, Im always a sucker for red lipstick - I think it contrast so well with the whole whiteness of winter! :)
Anyhoo, I've been browsing around your blog and absolutly love it!
Would love it if you could have a check out at my blog somee time.
Lots of bloggin' love

Faye :D
x

My Passport to Style  – (December 21, 2009 at 6:37 AM)  

Wow, maria,I think this is my fabvourite fashion combo ever! You look soo stylish.Thanks for all your comments this year and I look forward to reading you new posts next year! Happy Christmas! Sharon xx

Kelley Anne  – (December 21, 2009 at 6:41 AM)  

You look great. The sunglasses make you seem mysterious:) Have a great holiday!

knalleffekt  – (December 21, 2009 at 6:56 AM)  

wow lovely in the snow.

your make up is great as well. i love the combination of black, white and red

Rose  – (December 21, 2009 at 6:58 AM)  

Your jacket is so lovely and looks so cozy with the big fluffy collar.
I was so suprised when I heard about Brittany Murphy, she was just too young its so sad.

Rose

Sahakiel  – (December 21, 2009 at 7:04 AM)  

It's a pity about Brittany, I was sd yesterday :( she was so young!

I have the same problem with my eyes, but I don't have such a cool sunglasses as you, hahaha!! Lovely Maria, you looked lovely!

Sara Lynn  – (December 21, 2009 at 7:18 AM)  

I love those sunglasses! I really like the skirt too, very pretty.

I am sad to hear about Brittany Murphy as well. :(

Keith  – (December 21, 2009 at 7:52 AM)  

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog. I greatly appreciate it. I'm glad you enjoyed my Elvis Christmas post. I wanted to let you know that I'm having trouble with my internet access right now. I may not be online as much, but I did want to visit your blog. I hope you will have a great week. Cheers!

Kass  – (December 21, 2009 at 8:01 AM)  

Everything about this look is pretty! The sunglasses, the sweater, the skirt, and you =]

hello lovely  – (December 21, 2009 at 8:22 AM)  

i love this outfit! beautiful! and your makeup is always gorgeous! you have the prettiest skin! i just ordered otk socks from american apparrel. i can't wait for mine to arrive!


http://hellolove14.blogspot.com

Torie Jayne  – (December 21, 2009 at 8:28 AM)  

Gorgeous Holiday outfit, I did not know about Brittany, that is so very sad, she was wonderful, Have a sweet day!

Marmelindela  – (December 21, 2009 at 8:32 AM)  

The collar of that coat is so wonderfull! And I really like the sunglasses, you're like a very pretty spy.

Clochette  – (December 21, 2009 at 8:35 AM)  

You're gorgeous ( I like this new hair style and this retro skirt) but please , please, tell me you were wearing tights !! ;)

Sher  – (December 21, 2009 at 8:41 AM)  

You're rocking those shades, Maria!!

And the velvet bow pin is just so darling!!

I'm truly shocked at learning about Brittany's death today, I really hate the loss of young talented actors/actresses nowadays:( RIP Britanny

Senorita Fashionista  – (December 21, 2009 at 8:54 AM)  

Your vintage jacket is insanely gorgeous! I have that skirt and adore it!
I heard about Brittany last night, she was so cute, its so sad!
Even my little boys like Clueless they sing "Rollin with the homies". ;) xoxo Jolie

ru.kurarin  – (December 21, 2009 at 9:15 AM)  

striking look. the jacket has a futuristic look when worn with the shades and the sweater is perfect with the gorgeous jacquard.

Brittany  – (December 21, 2009 at 9:47 AM)  

I've been drooling over those glasses ever since I saw the commercial! I'm sure you've seen it, but if you haven't, it's posted on youtube!

And that is such a wonderful, unique jacket! You have a great aunt!

Jen –   – (December 21, 2009 at 10:17 AM)  

I'm on my way to Target for some white tights to complete my Christmas outfit.

The first picture makes me want to come through the computer and give you a hug. I don't know why though. :)

DearBeatrice...  – (December 21, 2009 at 10:24 AM)  

Cute holiday look!! The fur coat looks so wonderfully warm!

Sistinas  – (December 21, 2009 at 10:45 AM)  

You look stunning Maria!!! I love love love this look!
And that jacket is a dream! ♥

jamilah  – (December 21, 2009 at 10:48 AM)  

i love everything about this outfit... from the shoes, skirt, clutch, all the way to the lashes and hair... just darling! now i want to know if you've sported all of these holiday outfits? too adorable!

and yes, it was surreal when i read the news on twitter about Brittany...so sad... so young...

xo
~jamilah~
jamilahscreativetouch.com

jeune_premier  – (December 21, 2009 at 11:08 AM)  

great outfit!it looks so classy and retro at the same time...!!

Graham I. Haynes  – (December 21, 2009 at 11:19 AM)  

I feel like I could go on and on about what I like here, Maria. This one's got a bit more edge than usual, and I'm loving it. The shades are so damn amazing I want to go get a pair of my own. And that collar! So dope. I could get into the textures but that's a whole 'nother topic.

Couture Carrie  – (December 21, 2009 at 11:23 AM)  

So gorgeous, darling M!
Loooove that coat!

xoxox,
CC

Clara  – (December 21, 2009 at 11:50 AM)  

wow! my gosh!
you're so beautiful..
your face look like a doll.
lovely look.
xxx

Giovanna ♥  – (December 21, 2009 at 12:02 PM)  

Gorgeous jacquard skirt!! I also love all the mix of textures in your outfit! You look gorgeous as always my dear!
xoxo
Giovanna
www.bohomarket.blogspot.com

Solanah  – (December 21, 2009 at 12:04 PM)  

When I saw your picture I said aloud to no one "Oooooo, you look so cool!". So I guess it was kind of to you ;)

fashionforwriters  – (December 21, 2009 at 12:43 PM)  

You look so good in winter landscapes (and always so not cold!) I've been trying to channel some of the menswear inspired outfits you put up on your blog earlier, but I'm scared to post it because I think I look really silly sometimes in tailored looks.

You look great in the brocade skirt--I think brocade is a seriously underused fabric right now! Thanks for making it sassy.

xo Jenny

Mo  – (December 21, 2009 at 12:45 PM)  

o i love that look, the skirt is lovely ! you look so cute in he sun !

I was really chocked to hear about Brittany Murphy....it feels like this year a lot of "young" people died !! Heath Ledger, Mickael Jackson, Patrick swayze, and a bunch of french actors/singers as well...

Maju  – (December 21, 2009 at 12:58 PM)  

The jacket and the oxford shoes are just PERFECT. I really love!!!

Hanako66  – (December 21, 2009 at 1:07 PM)  

i love this, that jacket is stunning!

Tights Lover  – (December 21, 2009 at 1:23 PM)  

I love the shots with the sunglasses!

Another great look. I love the skirt and jacket. And, of course, I'm a huge fan of the otk socks!

Ava  – (December 21, 2009 at 2:01 PM)  

very pretty! Love the skirt!

Mel  – (December 21, 2009 at 2:14 PM)  

Your skirt is lovely! I know, it's super shocking about Brittany Murphy...I think I screamed when I saw the headline on Yahoo.

flightlessbird  – (December 21, 2009 at 2:26 PM)  

Love the sunglasses! They were the perfect touch. RIP Brittany Murphy.

stephanie renee  – (December 21, 2009 at 3:04 PM)  

those socks are so great, i am loving knee-highs right now!

jessica  – (December 21, 2009 at 3:07 PM)  

you look so pretty! that skirt is amazing and your lipstick is perfect!

it's so sad about brittney murphy! clueless is one of my favorite movies too and her character was the best!

Expectant Duck  – (December 21, 2009 at 3:15 PM)  

I have been loving the holidy looks and wished I had the time or the sense to try and pull myself together and look decent for this Christmas....

Clau!  – (December 21, 2009 at 3:36 PM)  

red lipstick looks really good on you ;)

Saludos,
Clau!

la fille dans la forêt  – (December 21, 2009 at 4:05 PM)  

I love that skirt! you look gorgeous with your hair up like that! :)

caramelizedvintage  – (December 21, 2009 at 4:05 PM)  

You look so badass chic! I think it is the sunglasses. I also love the jacquard skirt. :}

Friend in Fashion  – (December 21, 2009 at 4:11 PM)  

great shots Maria! Love the glasses & turned up collar - great look :)

www.friendinfashion.blogspot.com
x

The Urban Fashion Gal  – (December 21, 2009 at 4:42 PM)  

I love this outfit! Oliver Peoples is bomb.
-theurbanfashiongal.com

The Man Who Knew Too Much  – (December 21, 2009 at 4:45 PM)  

Love the jacket!
The collar reminds me of the one Rachel Rosen in the movie Blade Runner wears.

Nerdic..  – (December 21, 2009 at 5:12 PM)  

Gorgeous shots! And I love the color on your lips suits lovely with the outfit!
x, fashionnerdic.

daisymay  – (December 21, 2009 at 5:59 PM)  

That jacket is awazing! You look like a 1950's chic spy with the glasses and everything, lol!

L.T.  – (December 21, 2009 at 6:09 PM)  

You look very lovely in the snow with your eyelashes and red lipstick. I love the snow background too, I wish it'd snow here!

anne  – (December 21, 2009 at 7:41 PM)  

love it! the skirt is so cute and so stoked to see the purse, i knew you would treat her good!

Tieka, Selective Potential  – (December 21, 2009 at 8:28 PM)  

I absolutely love this outfit.. you are such a classic beauty.

Jen  – (December 21, 2009 at 8:39 PM)  

this might be a weird comment, but your face looks stunning in these pictures :) and that collar on your coat is ridiculous. love it!

Leah  – (December 21, 2009 at 8:40 PM)  

You are so elegant and so classy.

John Malvin  – (December 21, 2009 at 9:18 PM)  

That jacket has a great collar. I really like the print on the skirt too!

http://oldpipesandtornjackets.blogspot.com/

katrina  – (December 21, 2009 at 9:21 PM)  

your outfit is adorable in every way. you know, your dress looks like a single piece.

emma wallace  – (December 21, 2009 at 9:25 PM)  

So pretty with a bit of edge. I love it! I like how the socks create an over-the-knee boot look.

iamemmamusic.blogspot.com

Katie  – (December 21, 2009 at 9:58 PM)  

ah love that jacket collar! plus i am super jealous of your glasses! great outfit

katieswhirled.blogspot.com

Valencia Lia  – (December 22, 2009 at 12:07 AM)  

Maria !!

OHHHH MY,you look so stunning here! This is my fave fave look ever of you! So classic chic and I'm sooooo jealous of your Oliver peoples sunnies. Its my dream sunglasses to get! heeeeee

Love love the furry jacket paired so perfectly with a simple black top that gorgeous skirt!
I want those heels and I love your velvet bow too<3

I'm too saddened by Brittany Murphy death too.

eunice  – (December 22, 2009 at 1:13 AM)  

your outfit is gorgeous!! the skirt is so lux and contrasts perfectly with black

Fancy Pants

Zel  – (December 22, 2009 at 1:22 AM)  

wonderful outfit, Maria. Love the sparkly skirt :)

talia&lilyrose  – (December 22, 2009 at 1:49 AM)  

I like very much your skirt,great ouftit ! It's wonderful with the snow and the forest behind !

Sherin  – (December 22, 2009 at 3:53 AM)  

You look fantastic! I love your jacket and the skirt is so pretty.

catherine_sr.  – (December 22, 2009 at 5:32 AM)  

The persian lamb jacket is AMAZING! The texture and sheen is just gorgeous.
I was so sad when I heard about Brittany Murphy, too. My friends and I used to go around quoting her lines from "Clueless" all the time: "Why should I listen to you? You're a virgin who can't drive."
the renegade bean

Stjarna  – (December 22, 2009 at 8:56 AM)  

Gorgeous holiday look, i like this skirt, jaquard is one of my best favourite fabric!! The little bow velvet pin makes the sweater really chic, think maybe i'll copy your lovely diy! ;)

Kade' Boteh  – (December 22, 2009 at 5:49 PM)  

Awesome look, I love it from head to toe...especially loving that red lip!

Louisa Cindy  – (December 22, 2009 at 6:41 PM)  

Love ur style !

do u wanna follow our blog each other ?
I've followed your blog ! Follow me back ya =]

http://princessdiary1001.blogspot.com

Kristin  – (December 22, 2009 at 7:08 PM)  

MARIA, these are just flat out gorgeous. I'm in awe of that jacket. And the ponytail is such an amazing touch!!

Kennedy  – (December 22, 2009 at 10:38 PM)  

i think this is one of my favorites of your outfits. i dont know, thats pretty hard. but this one...theres just something about it that im kinda obsessed with.

idée_géniale  – (December 23, 2009 at 8:45 AM)  

This has got to be one of my faves looks so far! I absolutely love that skirt witht he thigh highs...oh how i wish i could wear them.

Sari  – (December 23, 2009 at 11:17 AM)  

I posted this as a Style Inspiration today! Enjoy!
http://blog.modcloth.com/

Orchid Grey  – (December 24, 2009 at 9:13 AM)  

I didn't think I would be, but I'm kind of bummed about Brittany Murphy too- Clueless is one of my go to movies.
In other news this outfit and these photos are fabulous! you can rock red lipstick like no one I know- perfect with the sunnies and fur jacket!

Anna  – (December 24, 2009 at 10:39 AM)  

i love this outfit...the sunglasses are especially great! :)

Manja  – (December 25, 2009 at 11:41 AM)  

Oh I LOVE that look! How gorgeous! The fake eyelashes look really pretty and natural, I like that :)

I was also sad when I heard that Brittany had died. Clueless is also one of my favorite movies and it is just so sad to see anyone die at such a young age.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!

Your wonderful comments are genuinely appreciated!

XOXO,

Maria

Copyright Disclaimer

All drawings and personal photographs are owned by Maria Confer and may not be copied or reproduced without consent. All photos are shot with a Nikon D60 by my husband Cole or myself. When borrowing images please provide a link.

Creative Commons License
Lulu Letty by Maria Confer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Read about my Privacy Policy.

Header info

Custom header illustration by me.

Subscribe

pinafore ll feed

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP