Lulu Letty: DIY Tuesdays: Leopard Accessories

DIY Tuesdays: Leopard Accessories

DIY Leopard Bow
small bow no shadow
DIY Leopard Collar

I took these photos last night and had to use the flash, which I try to avoid at all costs. I feel like it makes everything wonky. For example, my hair looks way more red-ish then it really is. Bah.

Anyways, since I had leftover fabric from my DIY vest, I thought I would make a hair bow and peter pan collar! What do you all think?
small bow no shadow
This song seems to follow me wherever I go. Love this fun little impromptu performance.

P.S. Holiday Look #6 tomorrow!

Maria Sig

Amelia  – (December 22, 2009 at 4:35 AM)  

What a wonderful idea.
I find leopard print can look harsh but making a bow and a peter pan collar softens it.
I love Phoenix espacially this song.
xx

le blog de leen  – (December 22, 2009 at 4:59 AM)  

wow that collar looks so great, it's so very you :)

leen

Sahakiel  – (December 22, 2009 at 5:01 AM)  

Wow Maria, the Peter Pan collar is wonderful! I love it so much (well, leopard print is one of my fetish fabrics, hahaha!)

catherine_sr.  – (December 22, 2009 at 5:31 AM)  

I love both! Especially the peter pan collar, because I can see that working with so many outfits.
the renegade bean

my favorite colour is shiny  – (December 22, 2009 at 5:35 AM)  

love. love. love this. your hair looks so pretty. xx

Camilla  – (December 22, 2009 at 6:11 AM)  

Wonderful!
Camilla

Rainbowpavingstones.blogspot.com

Rose  – (December 22, 2009 at 6:57 AM)  

Such cute accesories, especially the collar! Your hair does look a little different in these shots, but still lovely.

Rose

Sara Lynn  – (December 22, 2009 at 7:42 AM)  

I m not sure which one I like best...but they both are very cute!

Vinda Sonata  – (December 22, 2009 at 7:45 AM)  

wonderful idea. thank you for sharing and you look super cute!



vindavindasonata.blogspot.com

Dodo  – (December 22, 2009 at 7:46 AM)  

Very nice, I especially like the bow! And you look really good in the 1st picture, even with flash :)

Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl  – (December 22, 2009 at 8:04 AM)  

The collar is such an interesting idea! Would love to see how you wear it and what you pair it with. On teh flash thing, I know what you mean. But at the same times it makes your hair look so healthy and shiney, so don't worry ;)

jeune_premier  – (December 22, 2009 at 8:15 AM)  

I totally agree with you about the use of flash....
The collar is very beautiful!its so "renaissance"!

Leia  – (December 22, 2009 at 8:16 AM)  

You did such an excellent job! I love leopard print sooo much :)

Jennifer Fabulous  – (December 22, 2009 at 8:41 AM)  

You are so talented and cute!! I love the leopard bow. :)

Senorita Fashionista  – (December 22, 2009 at 8:42 AM)  

Loving what you did with your left over fabric, especially the bow! Thank you for sharing the video, that song always stays in my head for the day! Fine with me! xoxo Jolie

Keith  – (December 22, 2009 at 8:43 AM)  

Great photos. You look fantastic. I hope your week has started off well. Take care. Cheers!

jamilah  – (December 22, 2009 at 8:50 AM)  

you're oh so crafty, maria! i absolutely love the bow!! i'm not a fan of the peter pan collar, but you make look adorable! happy tuesday!!
xo
~jamilah
jamilahscreativetouch.com

Stjarna  – (December 22, 2009 at 8:51 AM)  

Love this peter pan collar, it's a nice idea of fabric recycling!! :)

Jen –   – (December 22, 2009 at 9:24 AM)  

Your hair may look more red, but it also looks shiny and pretty. :)

MJ  – (December 22, 2009 at 9:31 AM)  

Such a nice way to use up fabric scraps. Neither of these is really my style, but I love that you're reusing things to make something that looks so fantastic on you!


http://dreamingspiresandoldcartyres.blogspot.com

katrina  – (December 22, 2009 at 11:07 AM)  

beautiful job, maria! these look like store-bought accessories. i especially LOVE the collar and black velvet bow.

katrina  – (December 22, 2009 at 11:08 AM)  

oh, one more thing. the flash looks good here. your photos truly are magazine worthy.

Graham I. Haynes  – (December 22, 2009 at 11:21 AM)  

Yeah the general rule is natural light works best, but sometimes the flash makes interesting results. You look awesome, just for the record, especially that facial expression in photo 1!

Phoenix? Hell yes.

the christy  – (December 22, 2009 at 11:36 AM)  

i love how you've accessorized this outfit :)
very nice.

teaplusfashion.blogspot.com

xo

fashionforwriters  – (December 22, 2009 at 12:26 PM)  

I like the leopard peter pan collar! It adds a bit of sass to a really sweet look.

xo Jenny

Elizabeth Ruby  – (December 22, 2009 at 1:53 PM)  

Lovely bow, the perfect finishing touch to your outfit!
And love your new festive header :)
xx

Kennedy  – (December 22, 2009 at 1:54 PM)  

you are just a treasure chest of wonderful. both the bow and the collar are amazing, im so glad i read your blog now <3

Dustjacket Attic  – (December 22, 2009 at 3:01 PM)  

Oh that first photo is so cute, I love your expression.
xxx DJ

Mel  – (December 22, 2009 at 3:19 PM)  

Ooooh I love the peter pan collar!

Tieka, Selective Potential  – (December 22, 2009 at 3:35 PM)  

Oh, you look darling! I love that bow so much!

I'm in LOVE with Phoenix, especially 1901. Brett used to get so mad at me for playing it on repeat for hours straight.. I just love it! Great choice!

Jen  – (December 22, 2009 at 4:16 PM)  

i always try to avoid using flash too, it's too harsh sometimes. and i'm in love with that leopard bow. great use of extra fabric :)

Mamushka Marie  – (December 22, 2009 at 4:30 PM)  

So I'm completely with you on the "not seeing people you just plain don't want to see" i think that's for the best in some cases, i know it is for me too :)
loving the bow! it's so good to be back, and to catch up! i also LOOOOVE take away shows, have you seen architecture in Helsinki's on la blogotheque? brilliant, simply brilliant.
fondly,
Claire

Sadie's Wardrobe  – (December 22, 2009 at 5:00 PM)  

Love it! The leopard print gives the collar a nice edge!
xxx

flightlessbird  – (December 22, 2009 at 5:39 PM)  

Love them both! I have a peter pan color shirt but it's black and blahhh!! :]

La Société de Mode  – (December 22, 2009 at 5:48 PM)  

You are too cute for words. What beautiful pictures you have and that peter pan collar is priceless.

Love,
Maddy, Alec, and Rebecca
La Société de Mode | The Fashion Society

Kristin  – (December 22, 2009 at 7:06 PM)  

I think that boy is beyond fabulous. Get ready for lookbook pics of my plaid beauty soon!!

anne  – (December 22, 2009 at 7:30 PM)  

super duper cute! i love both!

Valencia Lia  – (December 22, 2009 at 7:49 PM)  

I love it so much!! The big bow and collar you did:) Its so gorgeous. I really love it a lot.

Ohhh I have an idea,maybe to could starting adding peter pan collars of different fabric to your etsy store! I think it will be really so lovely.

Love love red lips on you and also for me its the opposite,I tend to use flash too much! I guess I have to try use natural lighting more often.

Big hugssssss

Django et Coco  – (December 22, 2009 at 8:10 PM)  

These are wonderful Maria! I love them! I also think you should make more collar and add them to your etsy store! :)

-Coco from Our Paper Moon

emma wallace  – (December 22, 2009 at 8:46 PM)  

You look so cute! That hair bow could totally be so Astrud Gilberto- 60s too. Love it!

iamemmamusic.blogspot.com

Sher  – (December 22, 2009 at 9:14 PM)  

You look totally adorable no matter how wonky the flash was!

And I love how the leopard prints you incorporated in the bow and collar! I've been searching for leopard print stuff too lately:)

Have a great Christmas week, Maria!!

*Big Christmas bear Hugs*

daisymay  – (December 22, 2009 at 10:10 PM)  

love the collar, you are very creative!

sarah louise walker  – (December 22, 2009 at 10:36 PM)  

That collar rules! You should consider selling some in your shop, lady.

Sarah Louise

caramelizedvintage  – (December 22, 2009 at 11:11 PM)  

I'm not a huge fan of leopard print, but that collar you made is so frickin cute! Ah. :}

Annie, Time Enough for Drums  – (December 23, 2009 at 1:34 AM)  

Wonderful bow! Great blog, too! Annie (aCullen on Chictopia).

The Trendy Fashionista  – (December 23, 2009 at 10:16 AM)  

I love leopard prints
-The Trendy Fashionista
http://thetrendyfashionista.blogspot.com

Fabiola "Fab"  – (December 23, 2009 at 1:17 PM)  

Hello Maria,

just wanted to know that I really admire your style! Tres Parfait!

xoxo

ru.kurarin  – (December 24, 2009 at 1:41 AM)  

i think it's lovely and if you made a mini version of that bow i would get it. accessories are a great way to sneak in trends we don't dare to try i think!

Manja  – (December 25, 2009 at 12:15 PM)  

I am usually not the biggest fan of leopard but that Peter Pan collar is SUPER adorable! Mh...I have to put *make peter pan collar* on my mental diy list.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!

Your wonderful comments are genuinely appreciated!

XOXO,

Maria

Copyright Disclaimer

All drawings and personal photographs are owned by Maria Confer and may not be copied or reproduced without consent. All photos are shot with a Nikon D60 by my husband Cole or myself. When borrowing images please provide a link.

Creative Commons License
Lulu Letty by Maria Confer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Read about my Privacy Policy.

Header info

Custom header illustration by me.

Subscribe

pinafore ll feed

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP