Lulu Letty: A Wrinkle in Time (aka My High School Reunion)

A Wrinkle in Time (aka My High School Reunion)

Well our ten year high school reunions are this weekend. I'm pretty sure I'm going to mine, but Cole is going to skip his. So in honor of the this strange occasion, I thought I'd share some photos from our senior years.

Senior portraits:
Reunion

small bow no shadow
Yearbook photos:
Reunion
small bow no shadow
Yearbook baby pages (yeah, my family calls me Ree):
Reunion
small bow no shadow
Yearbook mock elections, my friend Darius and I won two together (I also won motor mouth which was probably the most fitting):
Reunion

Well, there you have it- the weirdness that is graduating in 1999!!

Feeling a bit old right now.

Maria Sig

bloglovin' bow small

Amelia  – (November 25, 2009 at 4:58 AM)  

You both look so sweet in your baby pictures and I love the very first one of you.
Hope you have a nice time.
xx

_nina_malvada_  – (November 25, 2009 at 5:00 AM)  

omg..is that you???

you look sooo different!

i love the first pic..

are you french?

Manja  – (November 25, 2009 at 5:15 AM)  

Oh wow, you really do look different! But I mean, people change a lot in 10 years. I feel that I have really changed from 18 to now (which encompasses a time of about 4.5 years). You look both really cute in your pictures :)

My school has a big reunion every 10 years, where all classes that graduated in the past meet. The next meeting is going to be in 6 years, still some time to go, haha

Fabiano Mayrink  – (November 25, 2009 at 5:33 AM)  

You've always had a great style :) adorable notes,

Maria I'm curious to know, In your state when women get married she lose the full last names or just adds the name of their husband in between the last names?

Dustjacket Attic  – (November 25, 2009 at 5:37 AM)  

Oh thanks so much for sharing, loved them :)
xxx

Dream Chymecindy  – (November 25, 2009 at 5:48 AM)  

Wow! hose pix are so cute... remind me of my childhood years... I mean my high school years.

Leia  – (November 25, 2009 at 5:49 AM)  

WOW, those were so much fun to look at! You were (and still are) such a stunner! :)

PinkBow  – (November 25, 2009 at 6:05 AM)  

i love this, we don't have this in the uk! but you look so different then!

Rose  – (November 25, 2009 at 6:33 AM)  

Love this post Maria! You look so lovely in that first photo.
Im looking forward to hearing about your reunion :)

Rose

Annie  – (November 25, 2009 at 6:37 AM)  

You look beautiful in your pictures! I am in love with the first one. At our school, the senior photos are these ridiculous cheesy things with the person grinning while leaning on a tree, or something. Yours is very classy.

Ilse  – (November 25, 2009 at 6:44 AM)  

this is so cool! and wow, I expected you to be so much younger than 28 heee. I was like 8 years old in '99 hahaha. it's really nice to see that so much attention is paid to graduation in your country. I mean, I don't have photos and such like that at all from my graduation last year! would have been really nice. anyway have fun on the reunion! and I like the new header-thing.

Sher  – (November 25, 2009 at 6:51 AM)  

Oh my, you two are such good looking people! I love these old pics of yours!! And I love your yearbook pics, it's such a great tradition you guys have over there! Wish we had it here:)

Don't talk about getting old, Maria! Hehe, actually I feel old too:P

Patty  – (November 25, 2009 at 7:24 AM)  

Great post! You may like this comment or not, but your husband in his senior photo reminds me a lot of Taylor Lautner from Twilight. :)

Q's Daydream  – (November 25, 2009 at 7:36 AM)  

oh my gosh! I love it! The perfect couple :o)

Soapchick  – (November 25, 2009 at 7:44 AM)  

Great photos Maria and I think you look the same now....just more refined! Have a fabulous time at your 10th reunion! It's so fun to see how people have changed, how many have been divorced and remarried several times - haha! I missed my 10th, but had a great time at my 20th...yes I'm dating myself to all of your young readers. Have a wonderful Thanksgigving!! After the new year let's try to meet for coffee! I can "work" remotely closer to Ann Arbor!

Laura Trevey  – (November 25, 2009 at 8:14 AM)  

Oh my goodness, you are too cute!!
Happy Happy Thanksgiving!!

xoxo Laura

Stjarna  – (November 25, 2009 at 8:15 AM)  

Oh so cool!! In the US you have so many special tradition that we don't have; for example this beautiful college photos..my only memory of the school time are a pair of orrible community photos;
also beautiful your childhood shot!
enjoy your reunion time! ;)

MJ  – (November 25, 2009 at 8:50 AM)  

Oh my god, I can't believe there are ten years between the high school picture of you and you now - you haven't changed a bit! Cole looks ever so gorgeous too. Have fun at your reunion!

I can't wait for mine since when I left secondary school I was chubby and nerdy with massively frizzy hair. I've changed a fair bit so I'll go back one day and show 'em who's boss! :)

http://dreamingspiresandoldcartyres.blogspot.com

The Haute-Shopper  – (November 25, 2009 at 8:55 AM)  

Great pictures! Considering how dorky most yearbook photos look, I think you were lucky yours turned out so beautifully! I cringe to think of mine...

Sistinas  – (November 25, 2009 at 9:00 AM)  

You looked fantastic!

I graduated in 1998, but I don't have any photos here with me, my mom has them all at her house, I should ask her to scan them..
But if I remember correctly I kind got mad a little with them then broke some and scratched faces.. yeah.., my high-school years are nothing to remember..

Tom Tuttle from Tacoma  – (November 25, 2009 at 9:08 AM)  

you seem to look younger now, actually. you looked really good then! Cole's hairstyles can still look very current now and totally cool.

Elle  – (November 25, 2009 at 9:40 AM)  

Wow! I agree with the comments above and really believe that you look as youthful as you did ten years ago! This post has got me thinking where on earth I placed my yearbook photos...and in a state of panic at whoever has them now!

Isabelle  – (November 25, 2009 at 10:04 AM)  

Wow. I wouldn't have recognized you...Really really nice photos!

*I agree with Tom Tuttle: You look younger now, so you don't have to feel old :)

Have a nice day, pretty woman ^.^

JellyBelly  – (November 25, 2009 at 10:09 AM)  

Love the photos!!! I, however, will not be sharing my yearbook photos! Too scary!

corazonesrojos  – (November 25, 2009 at 10:18 AM)  

This is just all kinda of awesomeness. I love old photos of people and seeing how their style has progressed. My favorite is the "Biggest Flirt" shot. Work it, girl.

anne  – (November 25, 2009 at 11:15 AM)  

hahaha. so rad! i didn't go to my ten year. i hear everyone tries to impress eachother. i'm sure it will be entertaining :)
have fun!

janettaylor  – (November 25, 2009 at 11:27 AM)  

WOW! That's cool! :-)

P.S. If Ur are curious check out my newer giveaway, my dears!

XoXo

flightlessbird  – (November 25, 2009 at 11:30 AM)  

aww! so cute! you guys are adorable!!

Tights Lover  – (November 25, 2009 at 11:53 AM)  

I love the pics. This was a really cute post!

You feel old? I just had my 10 year undergrad reunion...now I feel old!! hahaha.

Laura  – (November 25, 2009 at 1:00 PM)  

aww, really cute post :)
hope you have a fantastic time at the reunion!

Ms Misty  – (November 25, 2009 at 1:27 PM)  

You both are so beautiful in your senior pictures. You do look very young now. Don't feel old. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!:)

LacyLady  – (November 25, 2009 at 1:40 PM)  

Hi, I just started following your blog. I love it and can't wait for the next post! Abs x

Meaghan Kelly  – (November 25, 2009 at 1:45 PM)  

wow so much changes after high school! I love the ones of the categories you won!
you almost look naked in your senior portrait! my school was so uppity they never would have let me get away with that. its awesome!

A Thought Is The Blossom  – (November 25, 2009 at 2:07 PM)  

these are awesome, i love seeing old photos of people!

sherin  – (November 25, 2009 at 2:21 PM)  

I love these old photos. You look great in your senior photo and so adorable in your baby ones.

Pierrot le Fou  – (November 25, 2009 at 3:06 PM)  

wow, such a fun post! i wish we had year books!

you actually look like a movie star in your senior year portrait :)

Jenni  – (November 25, 2009 at 3:30 PM)  

hahaha oh I love the senior photo! You look naked! :)

FASHIONconfectionairy  – (November 25, 2009 at 3:57 PM)  

Wow you look so different, but super cute nevertheless (same with cole)!
XOXOX
Libby
Enter my Giveaway!
http://fashionconfectionairy.weebly.com

muchlove  – (November 25, 2009 at 5:53 PM)  

This is such a fun post! You both looked great!

Have fun at the high school reunion :)

Hanako66  – (November 25, 2009 at 6:02 PM)  

haha...i graduated in '98 so don't feel bad!

Dottie  – (November 25, 2009 at 6:37 PM)  

Fun pictures. I graduated in 1999, too. My reunion was earlier this year, but I was not inspired enough to fly half-way across the country for it.

DEV  – (November 25, 2009 at 6:46 PM)  

You have a fabulous blog! x

Clochette  – (November 25, 2009 at 8:06 PM)  

That's so funny and weird at the same time! You look like a 90210 character! :) And you're a little bit "Olivia Newton Johnn" in the last pics! Thank you for that flashback, it was a good idea! :)

Expectant Duck  – (November 25, 2009 at 9:25 PM)  

I so love the pic, my highschool didn't have a 10 year reunion 3 years ago, we may have a 15 year in 2011..

katrina  – (November 25, 2009 at 11:23 PM)  

i wish my senior portraits turned out as well! have a lot of fun this weekend!

Valencia Lia  – (November 25, 2009 at 11:35 PM)  

This is so lovely ! thanks for sharing those sweet memories with us:)

You look so so beautiful Maria! And I really love the black and white ones. Ohhh,my school photos are all so ugly:) heee

Both you and Cole look so adorable when you were young kids. Have fun at your reunion this weekend <3

emma wallace  – (November 25, 2009 at 11:59 PM)  

So cute! I just skipped my 10-year one over the summer... I'm very impressed that you're going! And you look even better now (however gorgeous you were then).
Thank you so much for sharing the photos!

iamemmamusic.blogspot.com

Kristin  – (November 26, 2009 at 1:02 AM)  

Not as old as I feel as I'm class of '97. Ah ha. You look just as gorg today as you did then. Happy Thanksgiving!

Carrie  – (November 26, 2009 at 2:31 AM)  

I can't imagine attending my 10 year reunion. I've only been out of high school for 4 years. I guess it's only 6 years away. Before then, I'm sure much will continue to change.

Great post, Maria. I really like the last picture of you and your friend.

Checkmyblazer  – (November 26, 2009 at 4:21 AM)  

We all need these reality checks, and your re-union must have been a blast, love the blazer they are very In !

Sahakiel  – (November 26, 2009 at 7:27 AM)  

I love this, Maria!! I wih that here in Spain people would do this kind of reunions and pictures... it's so american! But I really believe that it's a good way for remembering those years... I don't have pictures like this from when I was at the University :(!

pennycones  – (November 26, 2009 at 8:11 AM)  

Wow, these are fantastic and big cheers to you for putting them up! But then again, you acually look cute. I look terrible in mine with my 80's perm! Haha

Hope you have a great time.

Style Bird  – (November 26, 2009 at 9:27 AM)  

Great pics, you look cool! xoxo ava

zog_etiquette  – (November 26, 2009 at 10:36 AM)  

this is so silly!! I love it, although I hated high school.
....I did year book for three years of high school
and two of the three years I did those cheesey "senior
ads" I graduated in '07 and the thought of going back to high school for a 10 year reunion is incredibly scary!! I think I would only go back if I was a millionaire or fashion designer, or the creator of post-its! haha!!


good luck
xx
kirstine

Mel  – (November 26, 2009 at 6:58 PM)  

Aww you two look sweet! Funny how quickly time passes by!

Jen  – (November 26, 2009 at 8:21 PM)  

We specifically skipped our reunions. Of course we would have had to fly and hotel and etc.

I think I would have liked you in high school. :)

Mamushka Marie  – (November 27, 2009 at 2:47 PM)  

so cute. i'll be skipping my reunion that is for sure, i admire your courage ;) hope its a ball!
xo,
Claire

Gabbi  – (November 27, 2009 at 10:14 PM)  

Too cute Maria! I love your senior portraits and am wondering what the motormouth photo looked like?? :)

CocoCherie  – (November 29, 2009 at 9:21 AM)  

You have a beautiful senior portrait and you still look just as young as your were then. You and your husband's baby pictures are too cute! I hope you had a blast and hopefully you'll let us know how it went:)

Graham I. Haynes  – (November 30, 2009 at 3:50 AM)  

Oh wow this had me laughing pretty hard for a second.
Great photos.
Full disclosure, I also got "biggest flirt".

Justice Pirate  – (March 21, 2010 at 3:14 PM)  

I totally love this (and know i am super late to respond). I find it wonderful that you married your high school sweetheart! So did I! Only thing is I was a freshman your senior year, and my husband was a sophomore (which I should have been in his grade but I was held back by my mom because of hearing problems when I was little). hehe. Oh man 1999 . .so weird remembering the BAD fashion that year. haha. How long did you guys date in high school? I want to hear your love story badly!!! I loveeee those.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!

Your wonderful comments are genuinely appreciated!

XOXO,

Maria

Copyright Disclaimer

All drawings and personal photographs are owned by Maria Confer and may not be copied or reproduced without consent. All photos are shot with a Nikon D60 by my husband Cole or myself. When borrowing images please provide a link.

Creative Commons License
Lulu Letty by Maria Confer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Read about my Privacy Policy.

Header info

Custom header illustration by me.

Subscribe

pinafore ll feed

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP