Lulu Letty: And the Beat Goes On: Kate Bush

And the Beat Goes On: Kate Bush

Like a lot of music from the early 80's, whenever I hear this song by Kate Bush, I immediately think of my mom! Also, how much do I want Kate's hair and makeup!



Kate Bush
small bow no shadow
Kate Bush
small bow no shadow
Kate Bush
small bow no shadow
Kate Bush
small bow no shadow
Kate Bush
small bow no shadow
Kate Bush
Photo Credits: Here

Placebo also did a great cover of the song:


My apologies for the lack of comments and replies, this week has been crazy, but I'm spending today catching up!

XOXO

Maria Sig

bloglovin' bow small

knalleffekt  – (November 27, 2009 at 4:32 AM)  

wow, the secon pic is amazing. her eyes are so strong

Marmelindela  – (November 27, 2009 at 5:31 AM)  

I think of my dad when I hear Kate Bush. He really liked her, he even named his kat Bush!

Anniina  – (November 27, 2009 at 6:18 AM)  

She reminds me of my mom, too! I rarely listen to Kate Bush, but I do like her music. The song you linked is very good!

PinkBow  – (November 27, 2009 at 6:25 AM)  

she has a very distinctive style. i love placebo too.

Manja  – (November 27, 2009 at 7:06 AM)  

My mom has probably never heard of Kate Bush, haha. I really like Placebo's cover, too :)

Jennifer Fabulous  – (November 27, 2009 at 8:07 AM)  

I had never heard of her before! She's very beautiful. Interesting song. :)

Little Monarch  – (November 27, 2009 at 8:28 AM)  

Im glad we share a love for Kate Bush. She is one AMAZING woman

sue  – (November 27, 2009 at 8:30 AM)  

always found kate bush a little bit too much but these are great pics

Meaghan Kelly  – (November 27, 2009 at 8:31 AM)  

i never knew that placebo song was a cover! she's quite stunning!
music that reminds me of my mom makes me happy. for me it's carole king! :)

elli  – (November 27, 2009 at 8:32 AM)  

I´m really in love with the cover of Placebo!!
Thanks for posting,maria!
And some nice weekend greetings from me to you!
<3

anne  – (November 27, 2009 at 8:36 AM)  

i love kate bush, especially that song! how cute is she in those pics?! hope you had a wonderful thanksgiving :)

daisymay  – (November 27, 2009 at 9:06 AM)  

I always think of my Dad he is a huge kate bush fan!!

Lemondrop Marie  – (November 27, 2009 at 9:12 AM)  

She's so gorgeous in that photo with the light shining behind her hair, makes me like that big 80's hair and makeup!
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

sioux  – (November 27, 2009 at 9:33 AM)  

oh dear! I was young when first came out this disco, I thing I still should have the vynil in my parents house! great choice and I also like the Placebo version

Amelia  – (November 27, 2009 at 10:33 AM)  

I absolutely love that song I remember listening to it on repeat for a month about a year ago.
Just to let you know I posted your blog on ''Blogs I am thankful for..''
http://runing-in-heels.blogspot.com/2009/11/hello-my-lovely-readers.html
xx

Jen  – (November 27, 2009 at 10:34 AM)  

Ah, the 80s. I remember shoulder pads.

Panda  – (November 27, 2009 at 10:43 AM)  

I LOVE THESE PICTURES! They are so gorgeous. Kate Bush is so beautiful, and inspirational, her music is great =) Oh and thanks so much for your lovely comment, i really appreciate it!

Panda xx

Sistinas  – (November 27, 2009 at 12:00 PM)  

How I love her!!!
I remember being a little girl and trying to dance like her!!
She's so gorgeous, her hair her eyes, her VOICE!!!

Running up that hill is probably my favourite song!! ♥

Penny  – (November 27, 2009 at 1:47 PM)  

Kate Bush is a beautiful visionary.

Mamushka Marie  – (November 27, 2009 at 2:45 PM)  

oh you so beat me to it! i LOVE kate bush, running up that hill is one of my all time favorite songs! :) xo
claire

Ashley Louise  – (November 27, 2009 at 3:02 PM)  

I have had a major girlcrush on Kate Bush for years! Totally agree: she has hair I would kill for. haha!

Clara  – (November 27, 2009 at 3:36 PM)  

amaazing pics!
great post.
xxx

Dottie  – (November 27, 2009 at 3:58 PM)  

I love Kate Bush and have all her records, but it seems like most people I talk to have never heard of her.

mari  – (November 27, 2009 at 7:41 PM)  

Kate Bush is beautiful, I absolutely love her.

Kennedy  – (November 27, 2009 at 7:52 PM)  

i totally want her whole wardrobe too!

Gabbi  – (November 27, 2009 at 10:07 PM)  

I love that song... that's so sweet that it reminds you of your mom! My fave version, next to Kate's, is the Chromatics cover.

Taylor Kitto  – (November 27, 2009 at 11:58 PM)  

wow these are such lovely pictures!
you have the most lovely blog. ever. :)

Valencia Lia  – (November 28, 2009 at 8:47 AM)  

It does remind me so much when my mom was listening to these songs!! And I love love the oldies music so much:)

And she is so so gorgeous,I want her makeup and her eyes,beautiful <3 <3

Rachel C.  – (November 28, 2009 at 11:56 AM)  

i really like her. she's also so incredibly pretty - love those thick, curly locks!

xoxo

Style Bird  – (November 28, 2009 at 2:27 PM)  

I love Kate Bush..my parents love her too. xoxo ava

Lexie  – (November 28, 2009 at 11:46 PM)  

there's a softness about the 80s .. the feathered hair, blue eye shadow ... i like it a lot.

Mel  – (November 28, 2009 at 11:58 PM)  

I really love her hair too! I like certain aspects about the 80s, especially this kind of New Wave music!

Rebecca, The Clothes Horse  – (November 29, 2009 at 1:04 AM)  

I adore those sort of ghost-like black and whites of her, she looks like a silent movie star in them.

Dustjacket Attic  – (November 29, 2009 at 4:12 AM)  

Oh she's gorgeous, she was so different, love her style.

Nadia Domingos  – (November 29, 2009 at 11:33 AM)  

i love kate bush! she is one of my fav artists. she is so gracefull, pretty and ethereal

Carrie  – (November 30, 2009 at 3:55 AM)  

I've never heard of her music but these old school pictures of her are stunning! She's really beautiful.

Florent  – (November 30, 2009 at 5:49 PM)  

Ha ha ha so 80's ! Love the pics they are beautiful.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!

Your wonderful comments are genuinely appreciated!

XOXO,

Maria

Copyright Disclaimer

All drawings and personal photographs are owned by Maria Confer and may not be copied or reproduced without consent. All photos are shot with a Nikon D60 by my husband Cole or myself. When borrowing images please provide a link.

Creative Commons License
Lulu Letty by Maria Confer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Read about my Privacy Policy.

Header info

Custom header illustration by me.

Subscribe

pinafore ll feed

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP