Lulu Letty: DIY Tuesdays: Straight Leg Jeans

DIY Tuesdays: Straight Leg Jeans

Thanks to a ModCloth tutorial, I was able to take my old boot cut Levi's and make them straight leg!

DIY Straight Leg Jeans
Photo Credit: Cole. Thanks, darling!
Old Grey Jeans: Levi's
Vintage Black Sweater w/ White Collar: eBay
Vintage Black Bow Heels: Ferragamo
Grey Wool Hair Bow: DIY
Pink Lipstick: Chanel, Waikiki
Bow teeny
DIY Straight Leg Jeans
Bow teeny



Maria Sig

bloglovin' bow small

Little Monarch  – (October 27, 2009 at 5:38 AM)  

thanks to you, Ive been inspired to get up in the morning and put an effort into my appearance!

muchlove  – (October 27, 2009 at 5:51 AM)  

those jeans look great on you - and I love your matching bow too.

Sherin  – (October 27, 2009 at 6:06 AM)  

Thanks for directing us towards the video. Its really useful!

thingsIlove  – (October 27, 2009 at 6:15 AM)  

Great jeans! And thanks for the comment on my blog!

Valencia Lia  – (October 27, 2009 at 6:45 AM)  

Wowwwww,a diy project that I can do ! Just mentioned it in my post and I saw it here now :) heeeeee

yours turned out so beautifully and I love love how it looks on you. Just perfect! And love the hair bow you made by yourself.
adore those heels too

Classic 80s outfit to me I feel and you pulled it off so well <3
Ohhh,your lippie color ! I need to get that one. Huge fan of nude lip colors :)

Thanks so much for sharing the tutorial !

Rose  – (October 27, 2009 at 6:51 AM)  

wow, it looks like you did a great job Maria!

Fabiano Mayrink  – (October 27, 2009 at 7:14 AM)  

I can't believe it is so easy to turn the old par of jeans to a new and beautiful pair of jeans,like that...

one day when I buy a sewing machine... kkk a few months ago, I had going to the seamstress for her make for me 5 pair of jeans like these so that less tight, I can't believe it's so easy to do!

jamilah  – (October 27, 2009 at 7:19 AM)  

you're so creative and handy, maria... i wish i had the time like you to stretch out my creativity... love the first picture...super cute...

~jamilah~
jamilahscreativetouch.com

kurarin  – (October 27, 2009 at 9:00 AM)  

great DIY on the bow and jeans. grey is my favourite colour so this was pure eye candy to me.

daisymay  – (October 27, 2009 at 9:16 AM)  

cute outfit, loving the little bow!!

Since Age Zero  – (October 27, 2009 at 9:30 AM)  

that little blue bow is much too adorable!

kisses, :)
RS

the real mia  – (October 27, 2009 at 9:47 AM)  

I love this post. Your outfit is stellar.

anne  – (October 27, 2009 at 10:34 AM)  

i'm need to watch that, i have a few pairs that could use some trimmin'. cute bow!

Sher  – (October 27, 2009 at 10:39 AM)  

Great DIY, Maria! The jeans look so good on you! Perhaps you can do a DIY tutorial for your hairbows too! I can't get enough of them and I'll really like to learn how to make one:)

Oh and the Chanel lipstick is so pretty, I like how soft the colour is!!

nicola ticola ponders  – (October 27, 2009 at 11:15 AM)  

I actually would never have thought of turning boot cut jeans into skinny ones, so simple, what a great idea!

I like this lipstick for a change on you

nicola xx

Jennifer Fabulous  – (October 27, 2009 at 11:17 AM)  

You did a great job! I think I might have to do the same. What a money-saver!

A Perfect Peach  – (October 27, 2009 at 11:25 AM)  

So completely brilliant! Can't wait to give it a try. Love your signature bow, too! :)

Tights Lover  – (October 27, 2009 at 11:32 AM)  

Wow, great job with the Levis! I like the way those shoes look with them too! You look great, as always!!

Keith  – (October 27, 2009 at 11:41 AM)  

You look fantastic. Those jeans look great on you.

UnoCosa  – (October 27, 2009 at 11:52 AM)  

you are super adorable and talent - the diy video is fantastic, xx

Chiclaire  – (October 27, 2009 at 1:14 PM)  

love, love, love, you did and awesome job on the jeans! XoXo :)

Camilla  – (October 27, 2009 at 1:25 PM)  

Love the blue bow :)do you have a different bow for every outfit :) xxxxx Try a baby pink bow !! xxxxx or orange xxx Camilla

rainbowpavingstones.blogspot.com

WhynotJustine?  – (October 27, 2009 at 1:25 PM)  

OMG I love ur outfits congrulations for ur jeans ;)

xxx

the art cupboard  – (October 27, 2009 at 2:25 PM)  

thanks for the diy you are just too darling :)

Amelia  – (October 27, 2009 at 2:43 PM)  

So amazing I've been wanting to do this for ages but never really knew how.
Thank you so much =)
xx
(Been away for a while so sorry for not commenting much)

MJ  – (October 27, 2009 at 2:53 PM)  

Awesome jeans - you wouldn't even be able to tell! I love the colour of them, and that lipstick looks stunning on you - honestly, is there anything you don't look amazing in?

http://dreamingspiresandoldcartyres.blogspot.com

Kristin  – (October 27, 2009 at 2:53 PM)  

I am so in love with that hair bow. SOOOOOO adorable!

Slices of Beauty...  – (October 27, 2009 at 3:20 PM)  

Straight-leg looks lovely on you!
And that cute bow.

MAISON CHAPLIN  – (October 27, 2009 at 4:00 PM)  

Hello, thanks for the comment! I love the pics, the colors are cool! ^^
now following you via rss ;)

Link me, follow me
@ MaisonChaplin.blogspot.com

Bug  – (October 27, 2009 at 5:35 PM)  

Hey there dear! I say this tutorial awhile back and wanted to try it out too, but I don't have a sewing machine *gasp*. Yeah, I know - I really need to get on that, lol. You look lovely, great job on the jeans. Thanks for your sweet 'get well' comment. Feeling much better :)

http://inbugsdrawers.blogspot.com

Lemondrop Marie  – (October 27, 2009 at 5:48 PM)  

Love the pretty photos and the lovely bow in your shiny hair. You look great in that jean cut.

Leproust Vintage  – (October 27, 2009 at 5:54 PM)  

Your DIY came out amazing!!!! I wish I had just one DIY project that came out 1/2 as good as that! Nice work! :)

Couture Carrie  – (October 27, 2009 at 6:27 PM)  

Fantastic job, darling M!
You look magnificent!

xoxox,
CC

michelle_  – (October 27, 2009 at 8:01 PM)  

this is totally awesome !
im glad that i found others who make ther bootcut jeans skinny as well . haha..
I usually take my bootcuts to the tailor . It's only about US$1-3 for everytime I alter the pants .
glistersandblisters.blogspot.com

SAUVAGE  – (October 27, 2009 at 9:00 PM)  

Great DIY! They came out awesome =]





xo SAUVAGE

Aya Smith  – (October 27, 2009 at 9:29 PM)  

Your blog is looking marvelous!!! And that first picture of you, I can get over how adorable you are!!! :)

Calla  – (October 27, 2009 at 9:51 PM)  

your comments are just too kind, really!

Those jeans are great! It makes even a strictly tights girl like me have second thoughts on the matter!

I wish I was so good at sewing (I am oh so clumsy and uncoordinated!)

And once again, I want your bow!

Mel  – (October 27, 2009 at 10:00 PM)  

Wow looks great! And it doesn't look too difficult to try either!

Elle  – (October 27, 2009 at 10:53 PM)  

This is just so awesome! I need to give my jeans a new lease on life :)

trishiekoh  – (October 27, 2009 at 11:43 PM)  

Those jeans look so good on you!

Style Bird  – (October 27, 2009 at 11:53 PM)  

This is a great idea. You did a beautiful job. xoxo ava

flightlessbird  – (October 27, 2009 at 11:57 PM)  

Really? OMG! I've been trying to do those with all my old flare jeans but I just never knew how. Thanks! Now all I need to do is learn how to use my sewing machine :]

caramelizedvintage  – (October 28, 2009 at 12:05 AM)  

You look so comfy and cute! I love the bow! You have such pretty hair.

I have used this tutorial before! I made one ankle on my jeans too small and had to redo it but it worked out well!

Paige  – (October 28, 2009 at 12:18 AM)  

Stop being such a cutie all the time! I can't stand it ;)

Midwest Darling

Closet Full of Nothing  – (October 28, 2009 at 12:53 AM)  

This is awesome! will definitely give it a shot :)

Zel  – (October 28, 2009 at 1:59 AM)  

The jeans looks so awesome on you! The tutorial looks do-able, too bad i don't have a sewing machine.

Sahakiel  – (October 28, 2009 at 3:10 AM)  

Oh, I should do something like this to a bunch of trousers that I've got at home... maybe I'll try, hehehe!

Now they look great on you!

XOXO,
Libs

Inspiration in Italy  – (October 28, 2009 at 3:43 AM)  

Love the bow, you have amazing style!!

Rachel Follett  – (October 28, 2009 at 4:44 AM)  

Cute jeans and I am loving your bow!!

Jack Daniel  – (October 28, 2009 at 10:43 AM)  

Cole did an excellent job taking this picture. It's amazing.

Oh, I like the whole new look of the blog. :)

PinkBow  – (October 28, 2009 at 4:46 PM)  

they worked really well, this is a good thing to do

Sofi  – (October 28, 2009 at 4:56 PM)  

Very cute outfit and I absolutely love your hair!!

Lauren  – (October 29, 2009 at 9:28 AM)  

You did a fab job with these. I tried to do a really makeshift version of this a while ago, with a pair of white pants, but ended up butchering them and creating weird bulges at the calf. Haha! Glad to see yours worked out so well, though!

Lauren

(IN)DECOROUS TASTE

Anonymous –   – (January 10, 2012 at 1:44 AM)  

The article was very interesting and informative for me. weight loss

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!

Your wonderful comments are genuinely appreciated!

XOXO,

Maria

Copyright Disclaimer

All drawings and personal photographs are owned by Maria Confer and may not be copied or reproduced without consent. All photos are shot with a Nikon D60 by my husband Cole or myself. When borrowing images please provide a link.

Creative Commons License
Lulu Letty by Maria Confer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Read about my Privacy Policy.

Header info

Custom header illustration by me.

Subscribe

pinafore ll feed

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP