Lulu Letty: (500) Days of Halloween

(500) Days of Halloween

Summer:
500 days of halloween

Bow teeny
500 days of halloween
Blue Ruffle Dress: ModCloth
White Eyelet Bow: DIY
Brown Bow Heels: Zara
Pink Lipstick: Chanel, Waikiki
Curly Wig (under the top layer of my hair): Hairdo
Bow teeny
Tom:
500 days of halloween
Bow teeny
500 days of halloween
Old Corduroy Jacket: J.Crew
Vintage Dior Shirt: his dad's castoff
Vintage Tie: thrifted
Jeans: J.Crew
Leather Oxfords: Bostonian
Bow teeny
Oh, the conflict:
500 days of halloween

As you have hopefully guessed by now, Cole and I are dressed as Tom and Summer from (500) Days of Summer for Halloween! I thought it would be fun to make an outfit post out of it and have Cole do some modeling.

It ended up being quite a hilarious experience since we couldn't stop laughing. Whenever we were trying to capture ourselves together, I kept saying "look at me like you love me and I'll look like a bitch!" Ha, I'm not sure if it worked.



Maria Sig

bloglovin' bow small

Lauren  – (October 28, 2009 at 5:42 AM)  

Aww you both look fab. Very cool indeed!x

Rose  – (October 28, 2009 at 6:10 AM)  

What a gorgeous dress. I loved the blue dress she wore in the movie! So cute you did a photoshoot together, my bf would never let me take ones of him like that :(

Rose

eunice  – (October 28, 2009 at 6:14 AM)  

how cute!! You look so much like zooey!! great work! :)

heyfancypants.blogspot.com

Marmelindela  – (October 28, 2009 at 6:15 AM)  

Haha. I love this. You both look lovely.

_nina_malvada_  – (October 28, 2009 at 6:39 AM)  

omg!!!!

you both so look like summer and tom!!!!!!

i loved the movie...

you're hair looks fab..

Since Age Zero  – (October 28, 2009 at 6:44 AM)  

you SO look like Deschanel here!

kisses,
RS

kirstyb  – (October 28, 2009 at 7:10 AM)  

wow check you two out! loving this! you guys look awesome! thanks for the award hun! if i havent blogged about it by the weekend drop me a comment and tell me off! lol xoxoox

Valencia Lia  – (October 28, 2009 at 7:18 AM)  

you both really look like the leads from 500 days of summer !!

So stunning and gorgeous together,and I really love love the wig you have to make your hair look longer. You look really beautiful too,are you planning to keep your hair long ??

Adoew your blue dress and I want one tooo !!

And Cole is such an awesome model ! He's looking so handsome toooo:)

And the line you said to him is so funny! got me laughing so hard.

big hugssssss

catherine_sr.  – (October 28, 2009 at 7:19 AM)  

You totally look like Zooey D. in the first pic and Cole looks very handsome, too. I LOVE that blue dress!

The Man Who Knew Too Much  – (October 28, 2009 at 7:34 AM)  

You look great and Tom too! So cool to see a duo shoot :)

Sher  – (October 28, 2009 at 8:28 AM)  

Aww, you two are too cute for words!! I love how Cole is having his earphones!! You both should go dancing in these outfits:)

Gosh, you just made me wanna watch this movie again!!

Oh yes, you look really lovely with long hair, maybe you should keep it long again!

xx

sarah  – (October 28, 2009 at 8:33 AM)  

Ah I love paired halloween costumes! Summer and Tom is a great one ^.^ I had no idea what to dress up as yet... Thankfully you've given me some ideas, so hopefully i'll be able to pull something out of the bag.

- Sarah (Silence Sweetheart)

koralee  – (October 28, 2009 at 8:34 AM)  

Amazingly cute!!!! You guys are perfect! xoxxo

MAISON CHAPLIN  – (October 28, 2009 at 8:55 AM)  

The last picture is scary, it looks like he's going to kill her, look at his face!!

Link me, follow me
@ MaisonChaplin.blogspot.com

Jen  – (October 28, 2009 at 9:01 AM)  

Fabulous! It looks perfect and that is such a great idea!

DalenaVintage  – (October 28, 2009 at 9:03 AM)  

Darling! Is that a hairpeice your wearing!? It looks so natural...Details please!

jack bespoke  – (October 28, 2009 at 9:17 AM)  

love the bow, and even more greattt header! did you draw that?

bespok.com

Keith  – (October 28, 2009 at 10:36 AM)  

I think both of you look great. This was a cool idea. I really liked the photos. Hope you're having a nice week. Cheers!

Jack Daniel  – (October 28, 2009 at 10:41 AM)  

I can't wait to see this movie!! I know it's going to be one of the better FEEL GOOD movies of this year for me.

Jennifer Fabulous  – (October 28, 2009 at 11:09 AM)  

How fun! You both look great, just like the characters from the movie. Your dress is adorable and you got Summer's vibe down pact. Your bf looks very handsome in his outfit. You both look so cute together. :) I love this post!

PS. I also must admit how envious I am your bf is willing to dress up with you. I have been trying for THREE years to get Rian to dress up with me. So, so sad. LOL!

kpeach  – (October 28, 2009 at 11:10 AM)  

I love this so cute-you both look perfect! xx

Jennifer Fabulous  – (October 28, 2009 at 11:11 AM)  

Oh lordy, and I just totally remembered you are one of my MARRIED friends. So just replace all the bfs with hubby. ;) Sorry about that!

Couture Carrie  – (October 28, 2009 at 11:17 AM)  

Fabulous costumes, darling!
You look so beautiful!
Your skin is just flawless!

xoxox,
CC

Sheena  – (October 28, 2009 at 11:17 AM)  

That is a very cool Halloween inspiration idea! I loved that movie and I think you both did the characters justice :)

Tom Tuttle from Tacoma  – (October 28, 2009 at 11:42 AM)  

blue and brown outfits - can't go wrong. both of you looked really cute. what's your blusher? goes very well with the chanel lippie.

katrina  – (October 28, 2009 at 11:42 AM)  

Hilarious! OMG. You both look fantastic. You make a wonderful Zooey!!

Mermaid  – (October 28, 2009 at 12:22 PM)  

oh, how i adore modcloth...the dress is just wonderful, and you are ever so beautiful♥

Tights Lover  – (October 28, 2009 at 12:41 PM)  

Such a great idea. Loved that movie. You both look good!

Roxanne Rosensteel  – (October 28, 2009 at 12:47 PM)  

Ah you look so adorable! I love that idea. Now I really want to watch that movie again. . . oh I love that video too! It's really lovely.

LJ  – (October 28, 2009 at 1:25 PM)  

i loved the movie!
xx-LJ from SOS!

anne  – (October 28, 2009 at 1:30 PM)  

that's awesome! the hair extensions look great!

Dotted With Hearts  – (October 28, 2009 at 1:32 PM)  

hahaha

and..

did you scream P---S!!!!?

:)

Camilla  – (October 28, 2009 at 1:43 PM)  

Love it, you look so pretty and sweet xxx Camilla

jessica  – (October 28, 2009 at 2:01 PM)  

that's such a great idea for a costume! you both look great! you look so much like zooey!

Giovanna ♥  – (October 28, 2009 at 2:58 PM)  

So cute you guys! Lovely idea and lovely outfits!!
xoxo
Giovanna
www.bohomarket.blogspot.com

Mel  – (October 28, 2009 at 3:39 PM)  

Wow you totally do look like Summer and Tom from 500 Days of Summer! I love your dress! You really have captured the essence of the characters :)

PinkBow  – (October 28, 2009 at 4:45 PM)  

yay! love this, love the film! great idea!

The Haute-Shopper  – (October 28, 2009 at 5:07 PM)  

Love the outfits! Unfortunately I haven't seen the movie yet (I know, I'm bad... and even worse, considering how I adore Zooey Dechanel), but from what I've seen of the movie, I'd say you nailed it.

Stephanie  – (October 28, 2009 at 7:01 PM)  

Wow, I am loving your dress. How cute!!! :)

Mamushka Marie  – (October 28, 2009 at 7:18 PM)  

This is absolutely marvelous! you make a stunning summer! gosh i loved that movie sooo much, especially the 'musical' number mid way through - fantastic. now how on earth did you convince your man to sit for pictures? I've been trying to get mine to for ages! the two of you are so adorable! :) happy halloween!!

http://mamushkamarie.blogspot.com

Kass  – (October 28, 2009 at 7:18 PM)  

Oh my goodness!!!
THIS IS SO CUTE!!!

flightlessbird  – (October 28, 2009 at 7:53 PM)  

OMG! That's adorable! No ones going to think of this :] By the way, how'd you do your bow? Or all of your bows? They're darling!!

Kristin  – (October 28, 2009 at 8:42 PM)  

Freaking fabulous post. 1. Because I heart that movie SO much and 2. Because you too look so adorable! I love that Cole played along. : )

vitaMinn style  – (October 28, 2009 at 9:20 PM)  

Oh my WOW!! You look like a doll here! The perfectly-placed bow, the porcelain skin and the beautiful profile side shot... pretty, pretty, pretty!

That's a fun costume. This is the first Halloween costume post I've seen around!!

Enjoy the party!

Bug  – (October 28, 2009 at 9:26 PM)  

Love this!! This is a great costume idea. You two are so cute together! Love the dress!!

http://inbugsdrawers.blogspot.com

Annie  – (October 28, 2009 at 9:51 PM)  

This is SUCH a terrific costume idea! You guys are adorable together, and the first picture is so gorgeous!

Calla  – (October 28, 2009 at 10:43 PM)  

What wonderful costumes! You captured them perfectly, haha I knew right away!

You guys seem adorable.

michelle_  – (October 28, 2009 at 11:50 PM)  

i thought you wer Zooey Deschanel when I saw a glimpse of the first two pictures.

you look pretty in that alice in wonderland inspired photos .
very cute :D

glistersandblisters.blogspot.com

Zhcsyra hp  – (October 29, 2009 at 12:23 AM)  

well such the great pictures .
and great vintage ur style :))

Valencia Lia  – (October 29, 2009 at 12:59 AM)  

Re:Ohhhhh do grow your hair longer ! heeeeee

And thanks so much for your well wishes girl:) And yea,will get my boyfriend to pamper me. heeeee big hugsss

bohochick  – (October 29, 2009 at 1:52 AM)  

so adorable! loved the movie and love your outfits :)

daisy lane  – (October 29, 2009 at 1:54 AM)  

that is fabulous!
you both look great!
xx

Nora  – (October 29, 2009 at 3:26 AM)  

i was just about to say that you remind me of Zoey Deschanel! great costume :)

Eva Internazionale  – (October 29, 2009 at 6:09 AM)  

Kickass idea & excellent execution. :)

The Biche  – (October 29, 2009 at 6:52 AM)  

This is so cool!! It reminds me of A.Hitchcock movies!c Really cinema-like! Love it!

muchlove  – (October 29, 2009 at 7:28 AM)  

Oh so cute!! I was just listening to the (500) days of summer soundtrack.
what a great idea :)

Lauren  – (October 29, 2009 at 9:26 AM)  

I haven't seen the movie, maybe I need to!?

Hilarious, fun photoshoots are seriously the best kind. And I think it definitely worked in the last picture!

Lauren

(IN)DECOROUS TASTE

Maju  – (October 29, 2009 at 10:06 AM)  

OMG! This is so gorgeous! You're really looks like Summer on this this photos. In Brazil, this movie isn't on the cinema yet. But the criticals are really good about him. :)
Brazil is not a country that have the custom of celebrating Halloween, what is bad, cuz I think awesome.

I have a question for you... how we send a kiss for a friend, in english? I really don't know, cuz I see a lot of people saying "xoxo". But I don't know if is it. =P

A Sort Of Fairy Tale  – (October 29, 2009 at 11:44 AM)  

loved the movie...you guys look perfect! happy halloween!

L'armadio del delitto  – (October 29, 2009 at 12:24 PM)  

Oh you are so cute!
I haven't seen the movie but I'd like to.

Clara  – (October 29, 2009 at 12:31 PM)  

you looks a doll.
really beautiful girl.
xxxxx

Dustjacket Attic  – (October 29, 2009 at 5:33 PM)  

Oh that was totally gorgeous Maria, you so have to do this again. I laughed at the "making of it" comments! Too funny.
xxx

Style Bird  – (October 29, 2009 at 6:39 PM)  

Beautiful. I love your hair! xoxo ava

Tink in My Closet  – (October 29, 2009 at 10:37 PM)  

What a clever idea... I want to travel overseas to experience Halloween the proper way. Australians just don't get into it the same way here!

Carrie  – (October 31, 2009 at 4:15 AM)  

Awww, you guys are too cute!! I love the concept of your halloween costume. You two look great and based on pictures that I've seen from the movie, you guys are pretty spot on. The pictures are truly lovely.

Ruxandra  – (October 31, 2009 at 9:37 AM)  

Hello Maria:)
I hope you have a wonderfull Hallowen.The two of you look adorable.


Ruxandra

Kelley Anne  – (November 1, 2009 at 2:30 PM)  

Great outfits! I still haven't seen the movie, but couldn't avoid all of the stills and utube videos floating around out there. You both look spot on!

Miki's scrapbook  – (October 29, 2010 at 3:19 PM)  

What a cool idea! I bet nobody else had these two characters!

Planning what costumes David and I will wear for Halloween will be fun! Too bad I couldn't travel for this year's :(.

Miki.

Manu  – (October 30, 2010 at 4:34 AM)  

You look like alice in wonderland somehow... :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!

Your wonderful comments are genuinely appreciated!

XOXO,

Maria

Copyright Disclaimer

All drawings and personal photographs are owned by Maria Confer and may not be copied or reproduced without consent. All photos are shot with a Nikon D60 by my husband Cole or myself. When borrowing images please provide a link.

Creative Commons License
Lulu Letty by Maria Confer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Read about my Privacy Policy.

Header info

Custom header illustration by me.

Subscribe

pinafore ll feed

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP