Lulu Letty: The Thin Man

The Thin Man

The Thin Man

Bow teeny

The Thin Man

Vintage Blue Fox Fur Coat: gift from aunt
Gold Sequin Le Teeny Beret: from Mary at Pretty Good Things
Wine Lipstick: Revlon, Wine Not
Wine Nail Polish: Revlon, Bewitching Bordeaux

Bow teeny


Nick: "Say, aren't you hot in that?"
Nora: "Yes, I'm stifling. But it's so pretty."

There are many reasons why I adore The Thin Man movie:
  • William Powell and Myrna Loy make the perfect dynamic duo. Their gorgeous accents (when has the American accent ever sounded better) and playful expressions are divine.
  • Cole calls me "sugar" just like Nick calls Nora.
  • I grew up with a wire hair fox terrier just like Asta.
  • Nick and Nora know how to enjoy their cocktails.
  • Nora has the most stunning nightgown collection.
  • And last but not least, their wardrobes. Perfection.


Maria Sig

bloglovin' bow small

Leia  – (September 27, 2009 at 1:52 PM)  

Your outfit + hair + everything is just perfection!

I had never heard of this movie before. I also love their accents. And I love the way he has no idea about what xmas presents he's been giving her. LOL!

Jasmin  – (September 27, 2009 at 1:57 PM)  

Such beautiful colours - love it!

Sassy  – (September 27, 2009 at 2:36 PM)  

I love your fur coat and the pics are just too cute!

Jen –   – (September 27, 2009 at 2:51 PM)  

Hehe, I love that quote! And I still like your hair curly.

jamilah  – (September 27, 2009 at 3:03 PM)  

Love these pictures... The coat, hair, and accessories are absolutely perfect... Seriously, why do you straighten your hair? I love the curls!!
Have a great Sunday! Xo

Couture Carrie  – (September 27, 2009 at 3:26 PM)  

That fur coat is just phenomenal on you, darling! Love these images (and am ashamed to admit I haven't seen this film ~ must remedy that asap!)...

xoxox,
CC

Giovanna ♥  – (September 27, 2009 at 3:43 PM)  

I love the color of your coat and your head piece!! The whole look is totally adorable!
xoxo
Giovanna
www.bohomarket.blogspot.com

Giovanna ♥  – (September 27, 2009 at 3:47 PM)  

Oh I forgot to tell you that I'd love to exchange buttons with you, I love your blog! Let me know if you want to.
Have a lovely day!
Giovanna
www.bohomarket.blogspot.com

Hanh, Life-in-Travel  – (September 27, 2009 at 4:50 PM)  

TRULLY BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hanh,

Leproust Vintage  – (September 27, 2009 at 4:52 PM)  

You look absolutely stunning in this photo! So beautiful!

nicola ticola ponders  – (September 27, 2009 at 5:30 PM)  

:-o the coat!! Looks perfect. And that colour lippy looks lovely on you

nicola xx

Laia  – (September 27, 2009 at 5:41 PM)  

you're looking gorgeous, love your coat!

Jennifer Fabulous  – (September 27, 2009 at 6:02 PM)  

I love that fur coat. You are so glamorous! It looks gorgeous on you. I need to see that movie now!

UnoCosa  – (September 27, 2009 at 6:15 PM)  

so lovely .... like stepping right out of a 20's silent movie, except this;s color here :-) xoxo

koralee  – (September 27, 2009 at 7:14 PM)  

Cutie pie...I am loving these images today...everytime I see your images of yourself I am wishing I could wear dark lipstick or eye popping red....so vintage!

thesydneygirl  – (September 27, 2009 at 7:30 PM)  

ohhh you look magnificent!!!! that vintage fur coat is gorgeous on you! and you look like you're enjoying lying on your bed reading that book! x

Sher  – (September 27, 2009 at 8:15 PM)  

Oh how I love curling up in bed with a good book! But you look so much more glamorous than me while doing that:)

The teeny beret on your head is so adorable and I love your red lipsticks! How many do you have?

Q's Daydream  – (September 27, 2009 at 9:22 PM)  

I love this movie! You are just the sweetest, I adore your style! :o)

Dream Sequins  – (September 27, 2009 at 9:34 PM)  

You look amazing. I love that coat on you and that lipstick color... The little sequin beret is so adorable! :) Hope you enjoyed your weekend.

Tom Tuttle from Tacoma  – (September 27, 2009 at 9:58 PM)  

oh look at how adorable you are. the blue is magnificent and goes so well with your brown curls. the wine lips finish it off perfectly.

Rose  – (September 27, 2009 at 10:15 PM)  

wow that blue jacket sure does look beautiful on you! And im glad you took our advice to not straighten your hair, i really do think it looks lovely natural.

Rose

Dustjacket Attic  – (September 27, 2009 at 10:17 PM)  

OH you look wonderful in the blue fur, love the lipstick too.

The Thin Man is great, especially with those two. I do love your list of why's, terrific.
xoxo

ONiC  – (September 28, 2009 at 1:08 AM)  

what a lady! i love the look. you look so fab! and i havent watch the movie yet, ut looks interesting

Velo  – (September 28, 2009 at 1:38 AM)  

i like yourhair and your skin. really pretty awesome.

puglyfeet  – (September 28, 2009 at 2:17 AM)  

My my my... the colour are exquisite.
May I use the first photo for a Colour Lover post?

Kellie Collis  – (September 28, 2009 at 2:53 AM)  

Looking so glam with your curls!! x

_nina_malvada_  – (September 28, 2009 at 4:46 AM)  

i fell in love with your coat...so perfect...

Bug  – (September 28, 2009 at 5:24 PM)  

Hee, hee - love this movie too!! Love the blue coat, cute as always!!

http://inbugsdrawers.blogspot.com

Lauren  – (September 28, 2009 at 11:34 PM)  

Your blue coat is SO COOL. I want one! Actually, I shouldn't even contemplate the idea of another fur coat. I'm so in love with vintage furs, I've been thrifting them like a madwoman!

Mary P.  – (October 3, 2009 at 10:18 AM)  

lookin' fancy, lady! I like it!

Kelley Anne  – (October 16, 2009 at 8:22 PM)  

Your coat is just divine. What wonderful relatives you have:)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!

Your wonderful comments are genuinely appreciated!

XOXO,

Maria

Copyright Disclaimer

All drawings and personal photographs are owned by Maria Confer and may not be copied or reproduced without consent. All photos are shot with a Nikon D60 by my husband Cole or myself. When borrowing images please provide a link.

Creative Commons License
Lulu Letty by Maria Confer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Read about my Privacy Policy.

Header info

Custom header illustration by me.

Subscribe

pinafore ll feed

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP