Lulu Letty: Curly Q

Curly Q

Curly Q

Bow teeny

Curly Q

Thanks to Meaghan and the awesome article she wrote for Worn Fashion Journal, I was inspired to set aside the blow dryer and flatiron and let my hair be natural. Then I stumbled upon old pictures of Kirsten Dunst in both her Miu Miu campaign and Lula spread and was convinced to give it a go.

Bow teeny

I am completely obsessed with this fan made video and Cat Power song. The video is heartbreakingly beautiful and the song is the saddest, yet sweetest lullaby.



Maria Sig

bloglovin' bow small

Meelzy and Leila  – (September 26, 2009 at 8:07 AM)  

Your hair looks really pretty curly.
xx

jamilah  – (September 26, 2009 at 8:10 AM)  

omg!! maria!! i love the natural curls! i've always wanted those soft, natural ringlets...so beautiful...ok, i'm requesting your hair like this for our photo shoot =)sooooo looking forward to shooting you!!
can't wait! have a great weekend!!
xoxoxo
~jamilah~

jamilahscreativetouch.com

Rose  – (September 26, 2009 at 8:20 AM)  

I love your hair like that! Looks gorgeous! That second photo is beautiful. I really never guessed that you straightened it...I say leave it be :)
I think if i cut my hair your length mine may be similar. Im not however brave enough :)

Rose

Sher  – (September 26, 2009 at 8:45 AM)  

Hi Maria,

You look super Shirley Temple cute in these pictures!! I'll never have guess either that your hair is naturally wavy! I must say though you look equally gorgeous with both straight and curly hair, so perhaps you could alternate:)

Hope you're having a good weekend dear!

Jennifer Fabulous  – (September 26, 2009 at 9:30 AM)  

Your hair looks great! You should let it go "natural" more often. :)

idée_géniale  – (September 26, 2009 at 9:56 AM)  

I just stumbled upon your blog and happy I did! Love the red bow and lipstick, looks so classy!

Mo  – (September 26, 2009 at 10:37 AM)  

OMG MARIA !!! you're just georgous !

koralee  – (September 26, 2009 at 10:38 AM)  

I love your hair today....and that video is amazing! Thanks for sharing both of those. You cute thing you! Happy Weekend!!!!

Couture Carrie  – (September 26, 2009 at 10:47 AM)  

Hey gorgeous! Your hair looks fabulous curled!

xoxox,
CC

A.Love  – (September 26, 2009 at 11:02 AM)  

I just found you from bluebird notes. I envy your hair!!!

Jen –   – (September 26, 2009 at 11:05 AM)  

You look awesome! Now I am tempted to let my hair be. It always looks so nice on other people, but when I do it myself, it just looks messy to me.

Tom Tuttle from Tacoma  – (September 26, 2009 at 11:06 AM)  

man i'd pay to have my hair curled like that. haha. why are we women so tormented by our own *whatever that drives us*? dunst is my style hero. anyway we don't need any reference from celeb to look fine.

i enjoyed the vid and song. thanks for sharing it.

Jennifer and Linnéa  – (September 26, 2009 at 11:11 AM)  

I loved the suitcase too! But it was so expensive..
And you're very cute!

My Passport to Style  – (September 26, 2009 at 11:46 AM)  

Hi Maria, sooo sweeeet! Just to let you know have posted you your vintage prize from the My Passport to Style giveaway.Sharon xx mypassporttostyle.blogspot.com

CocoCherie  – (September 26, 2009 at 12:19 PM)  

You have the best curls! They look like you used a curling iron to create to them. You are lucky that your hair curls so nicely. You look darling with your hair curly or straight.

I have wild curls like Sarah Jessica Parker. They are cute on her but, I don't always have the confidence to wear mine like that. Most of the time I wear my hair in a bun.

Leia  – (September 26, 2009 at 12:20 PM)  

THAT is what your hair looks like NATURALLY?! Whyyy oh why do you straighten it? It's GORGEOUS! You should leave it curly more often!

Also, wanted to ask: what foundation are you using? Or skin products? Your skin always looks so even and glowing!

beautifulnemo  – (September 26, 2009 at 12:37 PM)  

Oh, I vote for you to alternate too! (I know you didn't ask lol ;)). Both curly and straight are gorgeous on you. :) The 2nd pic is wonderful!

I'm listening to the song... beautiful! Thanks for sharing it.

xx from Madrid

PS. Thank you so much for your comments on my blog:)))

Rianna Bethany  – (September 26, 2009 at 1:36 PM)  

The hair looks very chic in a gorgeous way, really suits you
Rianna Bethany xxxxxxxxxxx

it's not her, it's me.  – (September 26, 2009 at 1:38 PM)  

hey i love your blog! check out my fashion blog - it's not her, it's me. and i am selling some clothes and accessories as well as handmade crochet goodies here: apricotbabybaby.etsy.com. check it out! xoxo ♥

Gingeyginge  – (September 26, 2009 at 1:44 PM)  

Love it, the bow also really suits you!

MJ  – (September 26, 2009 at 3:21 PM)  

No wonder you were on about your natural curls on my blog before: they're perfect! Mine just look like I stuck my finger in a socket!

http://dreamingspiresandoldcartyres.blogspot.com

JellyBelly  – (September 26, 2009 at 3:45 PM)  

I love your curly hair!!!! I'm so jealous since I have ramrod straight Asian hair.

Sophie Valcras  – (September 26, 2009 at 4:27 PM)  

You look like a doll with that hair band =D
It's very cool!

FASHIONconfectionairy  – (September 26, 2009 at 5:06 PM)  

wow stunning you look like a porcelain doll in the best way possible!
XOXOXO
Libby
http://fashionconfectionairy.weebly.com

puglyfeet  – (September 26, 2009 at 6:15 PM)  

Seriously -- you are the most beautiful person I know. FOR REAL. Love your locks and thanks for sharing Meaghan blog entry. Instead of pulling my frizz back in a pony tail, I may very well let them loose tomorrow.

Lemondrop Marie  – (September 26, 2009 at 6:40 PM)  

I love hair in its natural wavy state- yours is so pretty, and the shine and color make that red pop! So lovely! Happy weekend.

A Thought Is The Blossom  – (September 26, 2009 at 9:16 PM)  

okay. many many likes about this post.
-love your hair like that and i bet it's much easier than flat ironing.
-you look INCREDIBLE in red lips (wish my skin tone would work the same)...oh, and your complexion is perfect.
-LOOOVE that darling bow headband.
-adore that sketched header. it's perfect. really.

xx
Starr

catherine_sr.  – (September 26, 2009 at 11:38 PM)  

You look great! My hair is damaged from a perm AND bleaching/dyeing, but once it grows out I'm looking forward to trying to curl it again, with curling irons or steam rollers this time. I'm always jealous of girls with curly hair, it looks effortlessly pretty!

little me.  – (September 27, 2009 at 1:14 AM)  

Oh my heavens! That is your hair naturally? It's beautiful. Simply, and amazingly beautiful.
I want it!! Why, oh why do you straighten it?
The bow looks lovely in it, might I add.

P.s; Love the new header. :)
xx

Dustjacket Attic  – (September 27, 2009 at 3:05 AM)  

Totally gorgeous darling, you should use the second one for your profile pic .... :)
xoxo

Torie Jayne  – (September 27, 2009 at 4:50 AM)  

I love your hair and that ribbon! oh! so pretty. Have a sweet day! x

Missy  – (September 27, 2009 at 5:49 AM)  

your curly hair is sooo cute!

Missy
For all things fashion:
http://thefashionfusion.blogspot.com

Malu  – (September 27, 2009 at 8:32 AM)  

wow, the red lipstick really suits you!
I love your blog:D

www.malusfashion.blogspot.com

Lauren  – (September 27, 2009 at 9:08 AM)  

I really wish I could wear red lipstick so well. I have a whole drawer full at home, I just can't make it work.

Lovely hair, too!

X Lauren

Mars  – (September 27, 2009 at 12:00 PM)  

Ahh your hair looks wonderful curly! And what a cute bow :D

nicola ticola ponders  – (September 27, 2009 at 5:33 PM)  

wow that's natural?! You lucky ducky

nicola xx

serah-marie  – (September 27, 2009 at 11:01 PM)  

yay! I'm so happy the WORN post tempted you because you look adorable! I'm also glad it lead me to your blog - really great images.

Carrie  – (September 28, 2009 at 5:35 AM)  

You're so pretty. I love your hair band!

Meaghan Kelly  – (September 28, 2009 at 9:58 AM)  

this is so weird! I totally remember commenting on this! I guess I forgot a step or something!
Anyway, what I wanted to tell you is that your hair is gorgeous and wonderful and perfect! I couldn't be more flattered that you were inspired by my article! honestly! That's really one of the most wonderful compliments I've received!
and I think you should keep leaving it curly! You look GORGEOUS!! xo

Mary P.  – (October 3, 2009 at 10:16 AM)  

I love your curly hair! I am always envious of those who have the natural gift! :)

Kelley Anne  – (October 18, 2009 at 8:41 PM)  

Your hair is gorgeous...I was wondering how you get the ribbon to stay in place. Whenever I try to wear one like that, it slips.

I also love that Cat Power song...its right up there with the original version of metal heart. Anyway, you look lovely!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!

Your wonderful comments are genuinely appreciated!

XOXO,

Maria

Copyright Disclaimer

All drawings and personal photographs are owned by Maria Confer and may not be copied or reproduced without consent. All photos are shot with a Nikon D60 by my husband Cole or myself. When borrowing images please provide a link.

Creative Commons License
Lulu Letty by Maria Confer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Read about my Privacy Policy.

Header info

Custom header illustration by me.

Subscribe

pinafore ll feed

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP