Lulu Letty: What I Wore Today: 07.16.09- The Great Outdoors

What I Wore Today: 07.16.09- The Great Outdoors

What I Wore Today: 07.16.09

Khaki Camp Shirt: J.Crew via eBay
Olive Cargo Shorts: very old esprit
Brown Leather Belt: Old Navy
Red Wool Socks
Olive and Brown Hiking Boots: very, very old Vasque
Red Plaid Backpack: imaginary, Jansport
Floral Tent: imaginary, Cath Kidston

Bow teeny
Well, fall is still on my mind. I just can't wait for the season to arrive. It probably doesn't help that Cole's been waxing poetic about camping, hiking and hunting. He's all about going on crazy long treks where there's no food or water and lots and lots of mosquitoes. My response is "No. Thank you." I actually don't mind going for hikes or camping for a day or two, but the big negatives to anything longer than that are: no hot shower and no change of clothes.

But the Marc by Marc Jacobs Fall line, has me possibly changing my tune.

Marc by Marc Jacobs Fall 2009

Bow teeny

Marc by Marc Jacobs Fall 2009
Photo Credits: Style.com

Here's a quote from Nicole Phelp's review of the line on Style.com:
"It's just that in their hiking boots and woolly socks, striped tights, blanket scarves, and felt Molly Ringwald hats, his models looked more like junior mountaineers than they did club-hoppers."

Sounds wonderful to me!! Now, if I could dress like this while camping, I would follow Cole into the deepest darkest wilderness.

So, I'm interested- Are any of you into roughing it in the great outdoors? or Are you more into glam camping?

Maria Sig

bloglovin' bow small

Milzy and Leila  – (July 16, 2009 at 11:30 AM)  

I've never been camping actually not really the type of thing my parents ever did and I porbably wouldn't want to either too much hard work ( I know how lazy am I lol)
I you ever do go camping you must post about it =)
xxx Milzy

Dea  – (July 16, 2009 at 12:06 PM)  

I totally agree ABOUT THE RUFFLES WITH YOU. They are cute and romantic. I would do anything if I could have a closet full of ruffled clothes :D
xxx

Bug  – (July 16, 2009 at 1:26 PM)  

Loving the tent in the pic! Ruffles are my fav :)

Kat  – (July 16, 2009 at 1:36 PM)  

thanks so much!
the red dress is adorable!

Couture Carrie  – (July 16, 2009 at 1:42 PM)  

I love the theme of this post! The combination of your lovely sketch and the runway images really bring the idea of "glam camping" to life!

xoxox,
CC

Cole –   – (July 16, 2009 at 5:03 PM)  

Deal! I'll buy you that as well as this:

http://www.moosejaw.com/moosejaw/shop/product_MSR-Dromedary-Shower-Kit_10010096_10208_10000001_-1_

and it shouldn't be a problem. What do you think? 5-6 weeks????

Mary P. from PGT  – (July 16, 2009 at 6:27 PM)  

I love nature...but I am with you on the mosquitos and dirtiness. I could see myself in one of those outfits (bright tights - yes ma'am!) at some sort of cushy mountain lodge...does that count as camping? :)

koralee  – (July 16, 2009 at 8:02 PM)  

Well I am sort of with you...my husband loves to camp...in a tent...so the whole family follows ...every year! I am ok for a few days but after that I so want to come home...the big thing last year was that we got cots to sleep on instead of the ground so we felt like Royal Folks...I am working on a tent heater and a porta-potty but he has not said yes or no...i think we will win...4 girls against one guy ! Oh by the way...I adore those Fall outfits...so so cozy...I love plaid for the Fall!!!!! Bring on Fall!!!

Slices of Beauty...  – (July 17, 2009 at 5:21 AM)  

So beautifully talented!

Tried looking but did not see your e-mail address, forgive my eyes maybe.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!

Your wonderful comments are genuinely appreciated!

XOXO,

Maria

Copyright Disclaimer

All drawings and personal photographs are owned by Maria Confer and may not be copied or reproduced without consent. All photos are shot with a Nikon D60 by my husband Cole or myself. When borrowing images please provide a link.

Creative Commons License
Lulu Letty by Maria Confer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Read about my Privacy Policy.

Header info

Custom header illustration by me.

Subscribe

pinafore ll feed

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP