>> Friday, July 10, 2009
The lovely and wickedly smart Nicky, of Lips of London, tagged me with the Honest Scrap Award! I've decided for my ten random, but true, facts that I'm going to keep them fashion, art and beauty related.
- I took art classes in middle school and high school, but quit half way through my senior year when my art teacher and I got in an ugly disagreement. To fill that hour, I transferred to choir.
- I have a college degree in Merchandising Management. I took one fashion design class my junior year, loved it, almost changed my major, but chickened out. That was a mistake. Sigh.
- I have sported many different hairstyles throughout my life. From boy short, to super long. I have a hard time sticking to one look and whatever style I currently have, I want the exact opposite. But if I had to pick a style that probably suited me best, it would be an above the shoulder, but below the chin, bob.
- Along with different hairstyles, I have pretty much dyed my hair every possible color aside from black and funky colors like pink or blue. For the last 6.5 years, I've had my natural color and really have no desire to dye it.
- When I was little, I had a strange obsession with ties. My dad taught me how to tie a tie when I was six, and thus began my love affair with menswear.
- Like my hair, I'm fickle when it comes to fashion. Aside from menswear, the first big fashion trend that I embraced was grunge. The docs, the flannels...so awesome. I love that the look is coming back, but I'm not sure if I can re-embrace that part of me.
- Clueless is one of my favorite movies and probably one of the most influential movies when it comes to my style. I was 14 at the time and dreamed of being just like Alicia's character, Cher. I even sported the thigh highs with my school uniform!
- In high school, I went through a hippie phase. Not my best look. Boho and I don't suit.
- In college I worked at Urban Outfitters. I blame them for my strange punk phase.
- Which led me to pierce my nose. I loved it and actually wore a nose ring for a bit, just to irk my mom. Sometimes I truly miss it!!