Lulu Letty: What I Divulged Today: 07.10.09- Honest Scrap

What I Divulged Today: 07.10.09- Honest Scrap

What I Divulged Today: 07.10.09

Bow teeny

The lovely and wickedly smart Nicky, of Lips of London, tagged me with the Honest Scrap Award! I've decided for my ten random, but true, facts that I'm going to keep them fashion, art and beauty related.
  1. I took art classes in middle school and high school, but quit half way through my senior year when my art teacher and I got in an ugly disagreement. To fill that hour, I transferred to choir.
  2. I have a college degree in Merchandising Management. I took one fashion design class my junior year, loved it, almost changed my major, but chickened out. That was a mistake. Sigh.
  3. I have sported many different hairstyles throughout my life. From boy short, to super long. I have a hard time sticking to one look and whatever style I currently have, I want the exact opposite. But if I had to pick a style that probably suited me best, it would be an above the shoulder, but below the chin, bob.
  4. Along with different hairstyles, I have pretty much dyed my hair every possible color aside from black and funky colors like pink or blue. For the last 6.5 years, I've had my natural color and really have no desire to dye it.
  5. When I was little, I had a strange obsession with ties. My dad taught me how to tie a tie when I was six, and thus began my love affair with menswear.
  6. Like my hair, I'm fickle when it comes to fashion. Aside from menswear, the first big fashion trend that I embraced was grunge. The docs, the flannels...so awesome. I love that the look is coming back, but I'm not sure if I can re-embrace that part of me.
  7. Clueless is one of my favorite movies and probably one of the most influential movies when it comes to my style. I was 14 at the time and dreamed of being just like Alicia's character, Cher. I even sported the thigh highs with my school uniform!
  8. In high school, I went through a hippie phase. Not my best look. Boho and I don't suit.
  9. In college I worked at Urban Outfitters. I blame them for my strange punk phase.
  10. Which led me to pierce my nose. I loved it and actually wore a nose ring for a bit, just to irk my mom. Sometimes I truly miss it!!
I'm not going to tag anyone for this award, so if you're reading this and would like to participate, consider yourself tagged.
HonestScrapAward


Maria Sig

bloglovin' bow small

Kristin  – (July 10, 2009 at 11:56 AM)  

I think everyone needs a little punk in their life. : )

Sherin  – (July 10, 2009 at 12:44 PM)  

Love the picture that goes with the post. I've been through many hairstyles and colours as well (Some I'd like to forget!)

The Biche  – (July 10, 2009 at 1:08 PM)  

For Clueless : just the same for me. I was about 14-15 too and it made completely obsessed with fashion (and I'm still is, wow, powers of movies are incredible!)

Infertile In the City  – (July 10, 2009 at 1:18 PM)  

I too loved grunge, and do sorta miss it, but, may not go so well with the corporate suits.

Milzy and Leila  – (July 10, 2009 at 1:35 PM)  

I never would have thought you had a noise piercing or went through a punk phase. People are full of suprises =)
I really answer your tag you did a week or so back. I totally forgot must get round to it.
xxx Milzy

Slices of Beauty...  – (July 10, 2009 at 1:41 PM)  

Beautiful, love your illustrations!

Happy Friday.

Diana Marsh –   – (July 10, 2009 at 1:58 PM)  

I still regret not holding onto my steel toe Docs... Kevin made them go to the way of Salvation Army before we got married.

puglyfeet  – (July 10, 2009 at 6:37 PM)  

You are truly interesting, Maria. Thanks for sharing these random facts about you!

Marie Lemondrop  – (July 10, 2009 at 9:24 PM)  

This is so fun! Love that you love Clueless! I love that whole make over magic vibe it embraces! Fun!
I cannot believe that you didn't pursue art longer than you listed. You have such talent.
Don't tell us the name of the teacher- we would have to get in touch to tell him/her off.
I lettered in choir (this=dork)but you belong it art!

Mo  – (July 11, 2009 at 2:45 AM)  

aaa so fun ! it feels like you've been thru a lot of phases...don't we all go thru the "hippie / wanna save the earth & love every one phase? " ;-)

catherine_sr.  – (July 13, 2009 at 11:51 AM)  

What a cool list! I just re-watched Clueless for the first time in years. I remember it inspired me to wear a black-and-white houndstooth mini-skirt with white thigh highs and mary janes. Slightly risque for a 13-year-old, but then again, that's how everyone else was dressing then.

Anonymous –   – (November 20, 2010 at 6:27 AM)  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!

Your wonderful comments are genuinely appreciated!

XOXO,

Maria

Copyright Disclaimer

All drawings and personal photographs are owned by Maria Confer and may not be copied or reproduced without consent. All photos are shot with a Nikon D60 by my husband Cole or myself. When borrowing images please provide a link.

Creative Commons License
Lulu Letty by Maria Confer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Read about my Privacy Policy.

Header info

Custom header illustration by me.

Subscribe

pinafore ll feed

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP