I did it again. I bought another pair of vintage Ferragamos, but this time on eBay. No they're not red, and no they don't have a bow. But yes, they are fabulous. They're a little worn around the edges, but for $10.50 they're an absolute bargain. I think I'm all set for shoes this fall. Just keep me away from all riding boots and I'll be okay.
I am very honored to receive the Kreativ Blog award from two very lovely and incredibly creative ladies, Lemondrop Vintage and The Renegade Bean. Hmmm, this is tricky, I'm not sure I have seven interesting things to share with you, but here goes.
1) The name of my blog, Lulu Letty, is derived from my favorite name Eloise Letitia. Eloise- for the crazy character from the books, and Letitia- for Cole's wonderfully classy grandmother. If I am ever fortunate enough to have a daughter, that will be her name.
2) After living in New England for over five years, I will be moving back to Michigan, my home state, in less than a month. We are making the move because Cole was accepted into the University of Michigan's business school program. YAY, Cole!
3) When we move back to MI, I plan on going on a gastronomical tour of my old favorite restaurants. Fear not, if I gain a good ten pounds. It will be well worth it.
4) Since my stylist butchered my hair three months ago (why did she think short layers would work in my crazy hair), I've been having Cole to trim it for me (but I trim my bangs). What you see now is my hair finally looking normal. I would like to grow it out to a shoulder length bob.
5) That being said, I have naturally wavy/curly crazy-thick hair. Everyday, I go through the arduous task of blowing out and flat ironing my hair. Bah.
6) I loathe working out and exercising. I really need to force myself to get back on some sort of routine, not for weight loss purposes, but to stay healthy. My laziness stems from the years of being forced into athletics by my parents. I played pretty much every sport under the sun, and was even pretty good at some. Swimming and track mostly.
7) Like my blog, my apartment is decorated in black and white. It's not that I don't love color, because I really do, it's mostly that I find the simple palette very soothing. It allows me to be more creative, by not distracting me with different colors.
In Bug's Drawers
Chicken Dinner Candy Bar
Blue Bird Notes
With My Own Fair Hands
Nominee Rules: • Thank the person who nominated you for the award• Copy the logo and place it on your blog• Link to the person who nominated you for this award• List seven things about yourself that people might find interesting• Nominate and post links to the seven Kreativ Bloggers you nominate• Leave a comment on each of the blogs, letting them know they have been nominated.