Lulu Letty: More Ferragamos and Blog Awards

More Ferragamos and Blog Awards

I did it again. I bought another pair of vintage Ferragamos, but this time on eBay. No they're not red, and no they don't have a bow. But yes, they are fabulous. They're a little worn around the edges, but for $10.50 they're an absolute bargain. I think I'm all set for shoes this fall. Just keep me away from all riding boots and I'll be okay.


Ferragamo T-straps

Bow teeny

I am very honored to receive the Kreativ Blog award from two very lovely and incredibly creative ladies, Lemondrop Vintage and The Renegade Bean. Hmmm, this is tricky, I'm not sure I have seven interesting things to share with you, but here goes.

1) The name of my blog, Lulu Letty, is derived from my favorite name Eloise Letitia. Eloise- for the crazy character from the books, and Letitia- for Cole's wonderfully classy grandmother. If I am ever fortunate enough to have a daughter, that will be her name.

2) After living in New England for over five years, I will be moving back to Michigan, my home state, in less than a month. We are making the move because Cole was accepted into the University of Michigan's business school program. YAY, Cole!

3) When we move back to MI, I plan on going on a gastronomical tour of my old favorite restaurants. Fear not, if I gain a good ten pounds. It will be well worth it.

4) Since my stylist butchered my hair three months ago (why did she think short layers would work in my crazy hair), I've been having Cole to trim it for me (but I trim my bangs). What you see now is my hair finally looking normal. I would like to grow it out to a shoulder length bob.

5) That being said, I have naturally wavy/curly crazy-thick hair. Everyday, I go through the arduous task of blowing out and flat ironing my hair. Bah.

6) I loathe working out and exercising. I really need to force myself to get back on some sort of routine, not for weight loss purposes, but to stay healthy. My laziness stems from the years of being forced into athletics by my parents. I played pretty much every sport under the sun, and was even pretty good at some. Swimming and track mostly.

7) Like my blog, my apartment is decorated in black and white. It's not that I don't love color, because I really do, it's mostly that I find the simple palette very soothing. It allows me to be more creative, by not distracting me with different colors.


Nominee Rules: • Thank the person who nominated you for the award• Copy the logo and place it on your blog• Link to the person who nominated you for this award• List seven things about yourself that people might find interesting• Nominate and post links to the seven Kreativ Bloggers you nominate• Leave a comment on each of the blogs, letting them know they have been nominated.

Maria Sig

bloglovin' bow small

nicola ticola ponders  – (July 23, 2009 at 12:37 PM)  

oooh a black and white apartment, I like that idea.
And those shoes are soooo nice, and what a bargain!!

nicola xx

nicolaticolaponders.blogspot.com

FASHIONconfectionairy  – (July 23, 2009 at 12:39 PM)  

Cute shoes and i love all your answers, have fun moving! Why are you moving back? Did you enjooy england? I would like to move there when i grow up....
XOXOX
Libby
http://fashionconfectionairy.weebly.com

nicola ticola ponders  – (July 23, 2009 at 12:39 PM)  

p.s. thanks, I've added you to mine too :-)

Jamilah  – (July 23, 2009 at 12:48 PM)  

sorry i had to delete my previous post due to spelling error...i'm so particular =) so round two of the same comment =)

congrats on your kreativ blogger award--well deserved! and on your great shoe purchase!

you should take pics of your black and white apartment =) like you, i love black and white...the simplicity...the classic look...and yet, i still love colors...my favorite color happens to be orange =)

your site is rockin!!! keep it up! xo

MJ  – (July 23, 2009 at 2:04 PM)  

They are AMAZING! I wish I found things like that on eBay...

Are they flats? I can't decide. If they are, that's even more amazing - I can't wear them since I have big massive clown-feet... :(

Love the blog!

http://dreamingspiresandoldcartyres.blogspot.com

Couture Carrie  – (July 23, 2009 at 2:17 PM)  

Love the black and white palette and your new shoes!

xoxox,
CC

Mo  – (July 23, 2009 at 2:25 PM)  

o that was so nice to learn a little more about you ;-) and loooooovely shoes !

The Biche  – (July 23, 2009 at 2:46 PM)  

An award?! Wow, thanks, that's my very first!!

Kristin  – (July 23, 2009 at 3:07 PM)  

Thank you lovely lady! I have curly/wavy hair too and keep it long because it's lower maintenance. I applaud the work you put in to keep it straight. Congrats to the hubs!

Bug  – (July 23, 2009 at 3:30 PM)  

Awww... thanks so much!! I am so glad I meet you through Aya, your blog is amazing!! Always so cute and you are very creative!

And, what can I say about those shoes, but that they are perfection!

Infertile In the City  – (July 23, 2009 at 3:43 PM)  

I am excited for your big move to MI! i would love love love to have a bob like yours (but I have wavy - and in this humid conditions - curly hair!).

Cole –   – (July 23, 2009 at 5:03 PM)  

6 - sweating is seriously overrated. My goal is to go the next year without sweating (after the move that is).

Clare  – (July 23, 2009 at 5:14 PM)  

Congratulations on the award and thank you so much for passing it on to me.
I actually did a Kreativ Blogger post recently (http://myownfairhands.blogspot.com/2009/05/thank-you.html) so I don't think I could think of another 7 things just yet, but it was very lovely of you to think of me.

Dionne  – (July 23, 2009 at 5:54 PM)  

Congrats on the award!

I know how it is when stylists wreck hair! That happened to me and it took months to get at least half-acceptable! I wanted a bob, but she gave me a pixie cut! Since then, I always insist that I face the mirror when cutting my hair.

Aya Smith  – (July 23, 2009 at 6:56 PM)  

Holy COW! I am actually jealous of these shoes... they are perfect in every way, wonderful find!!!

Jen –   – (July 23, 2009 at 8:14 PM)  

So now you can start shopping for shoes for me. Go!

Matt's been asking me what Michigan school Cole is going to and I just now remembered to tell him. Matt is impressed, as he knows how good that school is for business school.

JellyBelly  – (July 23, 2009 at 8:35 PM)  

i love love love the shoes!!!

(seems like i tell you that a lot!) ;)

puglyfeet  – (July 23, 2009 at 11:12 PM)  

Your shoes are gorgeous and congrats on your award -- well deserved! :D

Milzy and Leila  – (July 24, 2009 at 7:05 AM)  

Nothing cuter than T-bar shoes.
xxx Milzy

Beth  – (July 26, 2009 at 6:21 AM)  

Wow these shoes are awesome!
I love T-bars anyway but these are gorgeous.
Perfect for autumn :)
Beth xx

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!

Your wonderful comments are genuinely appreciated!

XOXO,

Maria

Copyright Disclaimer

All drawings and personal photographs are owned by Maria Confer and may not be copied or reproduced without consent. All photos are shot with a Nikon D60 by my husband Cole or myself. When borrowing images please provide a link.

Creative Commons License
Lulu Letty by Maria Confer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Read about my Privacy Policy.

Header info

Custom header illustration by me.

Subscribe

pinafore ll feed

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP